Posted September 02, 2014
Truly an amazing school! The advanced academics and language instruction are unparalleled. My daughter attended Renascence School Int'l (RSIOC) for 2 years. Although she started with no language background, she is now able to communicate effectively in 3 different languages. Sadly, my job recently transferred me out of state and I have not been able to find another program that can compare. Although we found another Chinese immersion school, it lacks the advanced curriculum and Spanish instruction. My daughter is at the top of her class at her new school and her teachers are very impressed with her Chinese and how expressive she in the language. Even though my child is no longer a student at RSIOC, the director of the school has continued to graciously provide advice, support, and resource recommendations as we struggle to provide a similar experience to the one she had while attending RSIOC. We greatly miss all the faculty, staff and families that make this school so unique and special. We will definitely return here when we move back to the area in a couple of years. I highly recommend this school to any parent who desires a high-quality, one-of-a-kind education for their child!

Posted August 22, 2014
My daughter just finished summer camp here, and we now have her enrolled her for fall. She was excited to attend everyday; having several different teachers for different languages. I am thrilled my daughter will be exposed to different teachers throughout the day; not creating a dependency upon one teacher. As a mom, I was thrilled to get to know some parents. It's a parental culture that exudes support, happiness and calm. This summer's program was about gardening and cooking; while getting lots of physical exercise, language exposure and academics. I am very excited to be a part of a new organization that will grow with a positive attitude. I wish I had an opportunity for this type of school when I was young. I'm very proud to be a part of a groundbreaking educational platform!!! Leigh. Mother of starting 1st grader.

Renascence School International 2

Posted August 21, 2014
Do beware that most of these reviews are from the Marketing Committee. On that note - the academics itself is quite impressive with my child being able to identify colors and numbers in numerous languages. On the other hand - this is a new school so there are A LOT of learning pains. We decided to try the Summer Camp and even in that 4 week period, there was a lot of teacher turnover and no communication about it. We would just show up one day and it's a different teacher. You would think that with the sensitivity of young children, parents should be informed if there will be someone new watching their kids so they can prepare them for new surroundings. It's a shame that the directors are parents themselves and do not have this consideration.

Posted July 27, 2014
My 4 year old attended one session of summer camp this summer and she absolutely loved it. From day one she was repeating newly learned Chinese words and sought out Spanish and Chinese word flash cards on our Iphone to review what she had learned. She also loved her teacher Ms. Banks who is very kind and encouraging. She grew her own bean plant, learnt about soil, compost, worms and five senses. All in short four weeks. She already misses her teachers and friends she made. We would gladly re-enroll but have to relocate. I highly recommend this school for parents looking for a school with emphasis on foreign languages and fostering curious minds.

Posted April 29, 2014
My 2 children (5 and 6 years old) have been at RSIOC for a couple of years now and their progress in languages (mandarin, spanish, and english), math, reading and writing is pretty amazing. If you are looking for teachers and a curriculum to differentiate and improve your childrens education, I highly recommend RSIOC. Key factors for us: 1. Focused faculty. My kids growth and results is a priority. We have two kids who are polar opposites - they learn, respond, and test differently. I am so thankful to the teachers. We work together to advance their individual style of learning and we've seen great progress. 2. Assessments. Teachers prepare detailed and helpful progress reports to praise and help my kids advance. No fluff here! RSIOC faculty is held to a high standard of results and assessed timely as well. RSIOC is not afraid to turnover faculty who are not performing which has resulted in high performing faculty and kids testing results. 3. Difference. Compare and you will see an advanced level of experience and knowledge in every area (languages, math, reading, and character building). Visit the classroom, meet the students and see for yourself. Best, The Mitchell's.

Posted April 05, 2014
I m not in the school marketing committee & I m telling my own experience with my daughter about this wonderful school. My 4 year old daughter started pre-kindergarten thru the school year in Jan. In Mar she was given a verbal test & she recognized over 50 Chinese words. She is starting to speak half Mandarin and half English with me now. Last week, in the middle of the night she got up & asked me for a cup of water in Mandarin. I realized the next morning how significant this was. I myself learned English in my early 20 s & it took me a long time to think in English rather than translate in my brain. She is also coming along in Spanish, my husband said she was talking in Spanish to him and he did not understand any of it. The school teachers are excellent & they know what they are doing. I ve seen the Mandarin teacher working before & after school, one on one, helping the children who need more attention. The Spanish and English teachers are working very hard to make sure all children are learning at the same pace. The schools theme is a family school we help each other & encourage the children to study with each other. I strongly recommend this school. Richardson

Posted April 04, 2014
This school deserves six stars because they have exceeded my expectations by 110%. My 7 year old son who had never spoke spanish or mandarin before joining this school 2.5 years ago can now carry a conversation in both languages. My younger son has been going here for one year and the two of them will talk in mandarin or spanish depending on the context. The school is a lot of work for the children, the advanced academics could be overwhelming for some but it is worth the extra effort. My first grader is doing math problems his cousin is doing in second grade (at a different private school which also claims to be advanced) and he is doing it in mandarin! The after school programs are of high quality as well, we have done the piano, art and self-defense. The school is also very safe, they have camera surveillance, class sizes under 15 and a strict sign in and out protocol. We are very pleased with this school and are very glad to have found it when we did.

Renascence School International 3

Posted February 28, 2014
Good school. Language teaching is good and the rest OK. Take review with an open eye as most are from parents marketing committee. Teachers mixed some good some not so good.

Posted October 23, 2013
This school is absolutely exceeding all my expectations - and I was expecting quite a bit! In addition to an unparalleled academic program, the teaching staff at RSI is truly committed to the success of our kids every day. Our kids are learning twice as much without the evening homework stress we used to experience in other private schools. Our 5-year-old started Kindergarten this year, and after ONE month she could recite four Chinese poems, name and match characters to ten different fruits, and is doing addition in Chinese. I was hesitant about putting our older daughter (age 12) in the program because the school is still young and there aren't as many older kids, but she too is thriving. She had four years of weekend Chinese at ICS, but now she is totally immersed in it every day and is making such speedy progress. The school director, Carrie Mizera, worked hand-in-hand with me to create a custom program so that our older daughter's classes fit perfectly with her ability and experience in math, science, Chinese, English, and History. Our family loves this school and we're so glad that the upper levels are opening up so that we can stay here all the way through high school!

Posted October 15, 2013
Renascence School International is one of the only schools in the area to offer true advance academics and language immersion in Chinese and Spanish. No other school will teach pre-algebra concepts to kindergartners or teach algebra and introduce the periodic table to 1st graders in Chinese, or chemistry to 3rd graders... RSIOC provides top notch education which no other school can come close to! It gives me goosebumps to hear that the PC 7th graders earned prestigious recognition of being a Duke University Talent Identification Program winner this past year. The students had better SAT math scores than 82% and a better SAT reading score than 86% of the college bound seniors in Florida! After learning this, I wouldn't want to send my children to any other school but Renascence because I know they are setting up my child to succeed in school and any profession they choose.

Renascence School International
2987 Mesa Verde Drive East, Costa Mesa, CA  92626
Last modified Renascence School International is a Private school that serves grades K-8
Renascence School International Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 32 reviews. Top