Bad
Good

This school have done an amazing job with my son. You can absolutely see the growth at the end of the school year. In the beginning of Kinder, my son could not read or write. Now, he is reading and writing. His math skill has excel drastically and I am so glad he made into this school. As for the staffs, they are wonderful. Everyone is super friendly. Love this community!

We're luck to have our son attend Davis. The staff are excellent. Teach and TA and parents are motivated to help kids learn. Most importantly the program at Davis make kids want to learn and want to be in school to learn.

The staff did a super job. We were lucky to have our son goes there. They kept each student focus to educational goals, and work closely to each and every student including the parent.

My child has had a lot of difficulties at this school. I can see why so many reviewers have said they do not like the school. I agree that this school is better than the neighborhood schools, but that is not saying much. Most of the surrounding schools are improvement schools with low test scores. We have a very limited selection of what I would consider "good" schools in our area. That is the only reason my child is still at this school. If we could afford to move our child to another area or another school, we would.

Love, Love, Love this school! Unlike the parent who wrote that last review. I too am at the school several times a week. I've been at the school from the beginning and find it so amazing. I do have another school to compare it to and it blows the neighboring schools away in all aspects. You can tell that the teachers are so happy to be teaching at a school with so much parental involvement. I'm a room mom and I never have any problems getting parents to volunteer. Such a breath of fresh air from the school I came from. My children have way more knowledge and I can see the difference from my oldest child who came from the neighboring school, versus my other child who had been at Davis Magnet from the beginning. So blessed to be apart of this community! Last year there was a 350 child waiting list. Glad to see an unhappy parent leaving to make room for a family who will be very thankful for that spot next year.

We have had our child here for several years. Each year, I keep hoping it will get better. It has not. I have seen first hand the lack of education the students actually receive. The school lacks in supervision and disciple of the students. Students can basically do whatever they want and there are no consequences for their poor behavior. Teachers have no control over their classrooms and the new administration does nothing to fix the issues that have been plaguing the school for years. This school has been a complete disappointment for our family. There are several reviews on here about how wonderful the school is, I would have to disagree. I am always at the school. I have been in my child's classroom volunteering every year for hours and hours. I have done all the reading, math facts, and extra work after school with my child. I feel I have a very informed opinion of OUR SCHOOL. I am very involved in the school and the activities. I think the reason that so many parents might feel that this is a great school is because they have nothing better to compare it to. This is our last year at this school. We are moving to a better school district. I would avoid the school if you can.

Davis is a great school. the teachers work well with students and the principal is actively involved with the students. we're very happy to have our grandson attend !

For those of you above with your complaints. I have to say that most likely you did Not in fact do what was expected of you by Our School. You did not do your Math Facts nor Reading Every day for 30 minutes nor your child's Computer programs. You did not invest enough time as a parent to your one or multiple child's needs. As for attitude .. You get back what you give. We are entering our 4th year and are very pleased with the SOARING GRADES that we see from our own child. I stand there every day and see the lack of parenting while certain kids run over The Parents. It has Nothing to do with the school!! Be a better parent

We had three painful years at Davis Magnet School. Now we are in a wonderful educational place in a different state. Davis Magnet teachers we had lacked in lesson planning, parent-teacher communication, and classroom management. Our son's days were filled with doing worksheets, and unsupervised use of technology programs. I volunteered in the classroom, and not once saw actual "teaching", just independent work. The classrooms were chaotic. If there ever were any "projects" those were to be done at home (=parents' responsibility). The math and science focus was a joke. There were a few after school programs, but we did not see anything exceptional in the everyday teaching. However, the music program is great, PTA awesome, and the parents are very involved. Still, we have been so pleased to see the progress our son has made in the new school past year. While at Davis, his performance was always average, but once we enrolled him in the new school, and they tested his skills, he had to be placed in a grade below, because by 3rd grade, the kids in the new school were already a full year ahead where an average Davis Magnet student would have been. Now he is above all standards.

The school as a whole is great. We really like the science and music programs. Last year one of our children was in a very rowdy class and the teacher had no control. Our children have only been at this school but I think the teachers need more guidance on dealing with discipline problems. I've noticed that some teachers are firm and others let students rule the class.

Last modified Maude B. Davis Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.