Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted May 23, 2016
A special thank you to Ms. Motamed for her tireless effort and dedication to students in the Robotics program. She challenges students to push their knowledge, creativity and think on a different level. She has taken the students on to win in competitions set the tone for the district and other schools.

Posted May 23, 2016
TeWinkle is an amazing school. The leadership and faculty are focused on ensuring the success of each and every student from those who are ready for the rigor and challenge of honors classes to those who need support in certain areas. TeWinkle's Robotics/Engineering program is outstanding and engaging students on a technical level from design, engineering and coding. Their many electives give students opportunities to grow and explore interest as they prepare for high school. As noted in an earlier post, there have been some that have criticized TeWinkle but they only go on what others have said and do not investigated it on their own. Many of these families that chose other districts or schools have been returning and state they wish they would have selected TeWinkle to start with. Staying in your school zone and being engaged makes the schools even stronger. When digging into the testing numbers, and you look at like students, TeWinkle's testing is as good as any and in some cases, better other schools in the district. The school also has great programs and support for special needs students. Testing for these students is also included in testing numbers which skews the results. To sum up - well rounded, striving for excellence and challenging every student at every level, great programs, award winning faculty, great community and much more.

Posted April 09, 2015
TeWinkle has one of the best, most caring staff that I have had the pleasure to work with. In the past three years TeWinkle's teachers have won Best Secondary Teacher of the Year twice (NMUSD), Favorite Teacher of the Year for all of Costa Mesa's schools, California's C-STEM Teacher of the Year, and League of Middle Schools Teacher of the Year (finalist). The teachers care deeply about their students.

Posted April 09, 2015
TeWinkle school provides a enriched academic experience for students. My children have had a wonderful ecperience. The teachers and staff are caring and work tirelessly to make sure every child succeeds. We have bern pleased with the Athletics offered, curriculum , Honors classes, and overall spirit and Pride on campus. My children have never been just s number but rather a name and a face with value to each staff member. We love this little school.

Posted April 08, 2015
A wonderful little school that offers so much to educate the whole child. If you value public education you will love this svhool.

Posted May 16, 2013
My kids have done very well at Tewinkle. The kids are extremely nice, and they have had zero problems with anyone. I'm sure there are some kids with issues, but what school doesn't. The teachers are wonderful, and have challenged both my kids. I couldn't be more proud of my children, and the readiness that Twinkle proved for them. I think it is important for children to attend a diversified school; it has enrich their lives by close association with people from a wide range of races and cultures.

Posted August 26, 2011
I am a parent of a newly promoted 8th grader. I must say, I had my reservations about TeWinkle. There were many rumors about TeWinkle, and the "bad' students, 'gangs'...the list goes on. I told my daughter who was and will be in all AP classes, that the moment she felt she wasn't learning, or she felt bullied etc. to let me know. To make a long story short, every fear I had was completely, and utterly unfounded. The kids there are friendly, polite, and sweet. My daughter knew only children who were motivated to do well, considerate and a pleasure to know. The teachers were SO helpful, hardworking and communicative. My daughter scored in the advanced levels on the STAR tests, and now she is in all honours classes as she moves onto High School. TeWinkle is great, and I will never judge a school again, until after my kids have attended it. One more thing, the old and the new principals are completely available for any concerns you may have. The school is small, and it is very easy for parents to be involved in their child's very good education. There are many non-white students there, and they are no different than my kids. A wonderful and all too fast experience.

Posted December 12, 2008
This year is one of the best years I have had at TeWinkle. We got a brand new gym, and it is my 8th Grade year. There is a new program at Tewinkle called ZAP (zeros aren't permitted) if you do not complete your homework you have to call your parents, to tell them you will be staying after school to complete your homework. I think this program has been very effective. I am looking forward to my years at Estancia.

Posted September 22, 2008
This is my son's second year at Tewinkle. We moved to this area from Buena Park where my son went to elementary school for all 6 grades and kindergarten. The move was difficult for him. He had no friends as they were all left in Buena Park schools. I am happy to say he has adjusted well at Tewinkle and now has many friends. He loves school and is really working hard this year to improve his grades over last year. Tewinkle is a great school.

Posted July 29, 2008
I am a teacher at TeWinkle, and I am so proud of the gains our school has made. Our principal has set a climate where teachers are allowed to teach and students are encouraged to reach for excellence. I saw very few, if any, disruptions during this last school year. If you want a school that is supportive and active in the community - TeWinkle is the best choice!

3224 California Avenue, Costa Mesa, CA  92626
Last modified Charles W. Tewinkle Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 7-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.