Costa Mesa, CA

Posted May 16, 2013
My kids have done very well at Tewinkle. The kids are extremely nice, and they have had zero problems with anyone. I'm sure there are some kids with issues, but what school doesn't. The teachers are wonderful, and have challenged both my kids. I couldn't be more proud of my children, and the readiness that Twinkle proved for them. I think it is important for children to attend a diversified school; it has enrich their lives by close association with people from a wide range of races and cultures.

Posted August 26, 2011
I am a parent of a newly promoted 8th grader. I must say, I had my reservations about TeWinkle. There were many rumors about TeWinkle, and the "bad' students, 'gangs'...the list goes on. I told my daughter who was and will be in all AP classes, that the moment she felt she wasn't learning, or she felt bullied etc. to let me know. To make a long story short, every fear I had was completely, and utterly unfounded. The kids there are friendly, polite, and sweet. My daughter knew only children who were motivated to do well, considerate and a pleasure to know. The teachers were SO helpful, hardworking and communicative. My daughter scored in the advanced levels on the STAR tests, and now she is in all honours classes as she moves onto High School. TeWinkle is great, and I will never judge a school again, until after my kids have attended it. One more thing, the old and the new principals are completely available for any concerns you may have. The school is small, and it is very easy for parents to be involved in their child's very good education. There are many non-white students there, and they are no different than my kids. A wonderful and all too fast experience.

Charles W. Tewinkle Middle School 5

Posted January 23, 2010

Posted September 14, 2009

Charles W. Tewinkle Middle School 0

Posted December 12, 2008
This year is one of the best years I have had at TeWinkle. We got a brand new gym, and it is my 8th Grade year. There is a new program at Tewinkle called ZAP (zeros aren't permitted) if you do not complete your homework you have to call your parents, to tell them you will be staying after school to complete your homework. I think this program has been very effective. I am looking forward to my years at Estancia.

Charles W. Tewinkle Middle School 0

Posted September 22, 2008
This is my son's second year at Tewinkle. We moved to this area from Buena Park where my son went to elementary school for all 6 grades and kindergarten. The move was difficult for him. He had no friends as they were all left in Buena Park schools. I am happy to say he has adjusted well at Tewinkle and now has many friends. He loves school and is really working hard this year to improve his grades over last year. Tewinkle is a great school.

Posted July 29, 2008
I am a teacher at TeWinkle, and I am so proud of the gains our school has made. Our principal has set a climate where teachers are allowed to teach and students are encouraged to reach for excellence. I saw very few, if any, disruptions during this last school year. If you want a school that is supportive and active in the community - TeWinkle is the best choice!

Charles W. Tewinkle Middle School 3

Posted June 19, 2008
I am a teacher at TeWInkle. Nothing special about it either way. It's a normal middle school with the same positives/negatives as any other. Your child will succeed if you value education.

Posted May 30, 2008
i currently go to tewinkle and i think its a cool school i havent seen any physical bullying yet so i think in those years they bullied but not this year so maybe there is a little name calling but doesnt that happen in almost every school if you never attended that school dont vote.

Charles W. Tewinkle Middle School 5

Posted March 14, 2008
Even though some people don't want to pass, most of the students do want to succeed. The teachers are good and Dr.Baurmeister (sp?) has many programs to help failing students with their studies.

Charles W. Tewinkle Middle School
3224 California Avenue, Costa Mesa, CA  92626
Last modified Charles W. Tewinkle Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 7-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Charles W. Tewinkle Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 17 reviews. Top