K-6|Private

Bad
Good

My daughter has attend both the preschool and Pre k program. I love the teachers here!

I have had both of my children enrolled at this school and have been really happy about the education they have received. My son went here until 1st grade when we switched him to public. He has now been attending public school in the Newport mesa district and we have been so disappointed. He learned SO much more at the Montessori. He has been at the top of his class since being enrolled in public school but I feel like he has not learned nearly what he did at the montessori. We are now in the same situation with my daughter. She has learned so much and she is 5. Its truly amazing what they teach. Unfortunately because of the campus size I feel like she is ready for a change in atmosphere. But have been very reluctant as I have seen the decline of my sons academics in public school. Overall I give this school a 5. We have been coming to this school for approximately 3-4 years and have been really really happy. If they had a bigger campus that was more of a school type atmosphere we would be staying. I would highly recommend this school on academics.

This school may use the "Montessori Brand" but this school is WAY BELOW THE NORM STANDARD FOR MONTESSORI. The teaching staff is old, overly crowded class rooms and very very small play yard for kids while the teaching standard are low. Yes, the price is cheap but you truly gets what you paid for; the play ground is very small and therefore, they can not offer any sport program. Music program is consist of piano, very old piano and very few students that actualy enroll in piano class. Sadly, we moved to a better school district to take advantage of better education and it is free.

We have 2 kids and for daily convinient, we enrolled both of our kids in the same school. This school may use the "Montessori Brand" but this school is WAY BELOW THE NORM STANDARD FOR MONTESSORI. The teaching staff is old, overly crowded class rooms and very very small play yard for kids while the teaching standard are low. Yes, the price is cheap but you truly gets what you paid for and we moved our kids to another school.

My child was a preschool student at this school for over a year. It was great for a while, but I noticed that the classes kept getting overcrowded which they would put your child over to another class room to accommodate things. Then your child would have a new teacher that day, which is not very consistent. The one teacher, Ms. Suzie overall I feel was the best of them. She did seem a bit stern, but was fair all at the same time. She seems to enjoy being a teacher which the children get the benefit of. The problem with this school was the lack of consistent teachers and aides. The came and went. Also, some teachers had less patience and my child would say they yell alot.

Last modified Montessori Harbor Mesa Elementary School is a Private school that serves grades K-6