K-6|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

My daughter was there for 2 days . This school does not follow the Montessori Philosophy at all . Our 8 year grew up with another Montessori school and always loved going . She was equally excited to get started here also. It took 1 day to change everything ! She was not free to follow the philosophy she loves. I would not recommend this school to anyone.

Teacher effectiveness: Disagree

You might as well go to public school . This is how the curriculum is .

Develops character: Strongly disagree

The students are not free to express themselves . The teachers are more concerned with themselves than the children .

Our two boys (3 and 4) have been attending this School for almost a year now and they are doing excellent and learning so much! The Schools Director was very nice and allowed us to try the school for a few weeks and also to stay outside of their room to see how they were doing. She also answered our calls right away when we was checking on them. As parents we can see they really support the children and their families. Every time we have a question or a suggestion or a thing we need to discuss, we can do it right away and they are willing to talk to us or send us the information as soon as possible and always with a smile and the most positive attitude ever. That's not very common and that takes time and effort. My husband and I really appreciate and value this. The way they teach and run the school is very impressive. They are sweet but at the very same time they are strict as well. Everybody knows the rules and best of all the kids are very happy to follow them. Everything is very well organized. Academics are amazing as the Montessori system is. They know all their students very well and the communication is up to date. Our kids feel safe at school and so do us as a family!

My daughter spent 1 1/2 years in preschool and her Kindergarten year at ICMA. She is already quite advanced for her age but her teachers here did an amazing job encouraging skills. She was already doing 5-column additional with carry over in Kinder! The academics and independent way of learning is strong here. I would say, however, that your child has to have a certain amount of self directive to really succeed in a Montessori environment. This is not to say the teachers won't help a struggling child but the Montessori method in itself is about self direction. Therefore, learning is at the child's pace, encouraged further by their teachers. Personally, I like it but I don't know if it's the right thing for all learning types. A side note about non-academics. I appreciated that the school did not keep me on some "timer" about drop off and pick up. Many private schools will charge you for being late and penalize your child in the class. If I was a few minutes late picking up my daughter, no one ever reprimanded me and I was never charged late fees. It's a small but appreciated gesture.

My daughter has been in International Christian Montessori Academy School since one year and she loves it. The teachers are kind and give lots of attention to children. I also like the way the management is handling the school activities. I highly recommend this school.

As a stay at home mom, I knew I was going to have a hard time having to "let go" of my 3 year old son once he started school. Having said that, my husband and I researched all of the best private elementary schools in the Orange County area and we chose this school after we met with the Director and checked out the facility. The teachers in my son's preschool class are sweet, have great patience and are fantastic people, we trust our son with them 100%. A few days ago, I was at home worried that my son who just started attending there was still crying throughout the day adapting to a new environment and right then I received an email from the director with pictures of my son working on a project with one of his teachers and that just made my day! Honestly, I don't know a lot of schools who would do that. To me, that's going above and beyond and so incredibly thoughtful. Everyone there is kind, understanding and very positively motivated and that's the kind of environment I want my kid to be a part of. I highly recommend this school.

I love this school, the way its run and the teachers. It is is run pretty "tight", but has the flexibility where its needed. The teachers are excellent, they really invest in the children and show an sincere interest in the children and what is best for them. My children have gone to public K and also to other montessori schools and I have found that this one (hands down) is the best. Its a very diverse teaching staff and a diverse student mix. The education, academically is far superior of those in the public school system. I would highly recommend this school.

I have three children here - two in preschool and one in kindergarten. I have been so impressed by every aspect of this school. The teachers are kind and compassionate, and really care for each child. My children have different learning styles and each is thriving. My youngest is only two and there are just six kids in the classroom - I was nervous about sending a child so young to preschool but she loves to go every day - it is like a home away from home. I also appreciate that this is a very diverse school, with a great respect for cultural differences. There is an emphasis on kindness and compassion, and all of the children are very supportive and accepting of one another. I am so thrilled to have my kids here.

My son has been going to International Christian Montessori Academy since he was 2 years old and it is amazing to see how far he has excelled. Now my daughter who is 3 years old also goes there which just shows how pleased we are with the teachers and the director. We would highly recommend this school to anyone who would like to see their child learn in a loving, safe, and professional environment. The teachers there should be praised on how much love and attention they give to each child.

Last modified International Christian Montessori Academy Of Costa Mesa is a Private school that serves grades K-6