No rating

Kline School

Private | K-8 | 42 students

We are best known for advanced use of technology and the arts.

Living in Costa Mesa

Situated in an urban neighborhood. The median home value is $465,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,910.

Posted July 10, 2014

July 8, 2014 Dear Ms. Kline, This letter is to share our enthusiasm regarding Kline School and the proficiencies it can offer your students. Our son Jack just finished his first year attendance as a 6th grader. His interest in the basics of math and science is only surpassed by his new desire, as introduced by your school, learning about how movies are made. We have both seen how much more independent his actions have become. This transformation is also evident in his responsibility finishing homework assignments on time. We know our son will continue his educational growth at Kline School and we are looking forward to this coming school year. Sincerely,

Posted May 28, 2013

My son has attended Kline School for nearly a year now and we couldn't be more impressed. In the relatively short time that he's been at the school we've seen his self esteem skyrocket and he is learning a full grade above what his peers are in other schools. In addition to all of this, the students are held accountable for themselves, encouraged to push ahead and taught social responsibility. The school is very focused on technology which is great. The children are taught how to use technology as a tool, which in todays world is necessary, instead of a babysitter. The Kline School is cultivating children to be the people we need for our future.

Posted December 12, 2012

Kline School is an amazing place. I graduated last year, and I really wish I could go back. The teachers are so funny and nice, and the students are friendly, helpful, and caring. Even though I transfered in in the middle of 7th grade, the teachers were more than willing to help me catch up. I especially like having a computer on every desk. I truly think that my time at Kline helped me to get into one of the best high schools in the state, Mater Dei. I would definetly recommend this school to anyone.

Posted February 7, 2012

Our first year at Kline and this school has made a huge impact on our son academically as well as socially. The level of respect the children receive in this school is more than a parent could hope for. The teachers and staff offer support and understanding on an individual level that you won't find in most schools. Our son is more focused since attending Kline! He is motivated to excel in his class, not only for himself but for his teachers and piers as well. Kline makes the overall school experience a great experience!

Posted September 7, 2011

First day back to school and I am so thankful to have my son continue his education at Kline School as a 7th-grader. Beginning with kindergarten my son has enjoyed the benefits of low student-to-teacher ratio, infusion of technology in the daily learning process, oral and visual presentation, creative expression and social awareness through his participation in Leadership Council, Science Fair, Poets' Cafe, Showtimers, and for the upper grades there is also video production. A valuable investment for our son's academic and personal development.

Posted March 16, 2011

There hasn't been a day that our daughter has said "I don't want to go to school today". Kline School has opened the door to learning, really learning. Every day is an adventure, we have found our Little House on the Prairie meets the 21st century. For such a small private school, there is nothing left out. Each student has a computer at their desk, and is being taught the best way to use it, they have "typing" lessons, art, theater/singing (Showtimers),poetry, PE, & field trips just to name a few of the "fun" things. If we can convince Susan Kline to start a high school program, we will be the happiest family on earth!

Posted January 12, 2011

I cannot say enough good things about my experience at Kline. My children llove to go to school, love to come home and talk about their day and their experiences. The school has a culture that encourages self-motivation, accountability, and success. I have watched my children, from K-7th, flourish in this environment. They want to learn more because the material is taught in such an engaging manner.

Posted January 9, 2011

What an awesome school and educational experience. Wish I could turn back the clock and have all my kids go through Kline School. Every child is on the computer. The student to teacher ratio is about 10 to 1. The price is about a third of what you would pay if you lived in West Los Angeles for something remotely comparable. Parent access to the teachers and administration is like an open conversation. Individualized attention to each student is the norm. The environment is challenging and as much as there are standard curriculums, as needed, each learning plan is tailored to each student's talents or shortcomings. This is a top-notch school that places kids in excellent higher learning facilities, well ahead of their peers. I could go on and on. Bottom line; Kline School is an excellent school. If you're not sure, just go have a meeting with Susan Kline. You'll come away with an urgent need to put your kids here asap.

Posted January 8, 2011

My children have spent their entire elementary education at Kline School with the exception of my son s Kindergarten year at a public school in Newport Beach. Both children are curious, quick learners who remain challenged in the Kline School classroom. Small class sizes allow teachers to remain involved on a personal level with each and every student. I am fully aware of my child s progress through regular progress reports and conversations with the teacher. I feel the environment is challenging enough to keep students interested in learning. The flexibility in the classroom structure enables children to engage in learning at a comfortable (yet challenging) pace. I work in education field, and the personal attention each student receives at Kline School is unparalleled. Kline School is well worth the investment. Your child not only receives a top-notch education, but with Kline s outstanding ability to combine classroom learning, technology, community, and citizenship your child will be a well-rounded student fully prepared to handle the challenges in high school and beyond.

Posted January 4, 2011

We currently have our 2 children in Kline School and couldn't be happier with their education. The advanced curriculum and personal attention spent with each student is invaluable. We are blessed to have daughters who tend to be on the higher learning side. We feel that if they were in the public school system or even another private school that didn't have the structure of Kline, that they would fall within the average scale, versus the exceptional job they are doing now.

Posted January 3, 2011

I'm a parent with 3 children currently enrolled at Kline School. Our family LOVES Kline School & wish we would have converted from public school a long time ago. My boys attended public schools in HB prior to attending Kline School. While in HBCSD my boys had IEPs. Despite my best advocacy my guys were not being supported in public school. They were allowed to sit in classes & do nothing. There was no concern by the staff if my students even understood the material presented. In HBCSD my sons were performing below grade level in one or more subjects. My boys hated school & felt like failures. At Kline School my boys are thriving. They love school. My boys believe in themselves as learners now because the entire staff at Kline School believe in them. Despite each of my children's struggle with learning differences, Kline School staff has made the effort to work with my boys' different learning styles. We work collaboratively to ensure my boys are receiving the best education. Kline School has also offered my boys the opportunity to remain after school hours to get additional assistance. With personal concern & dedication to my boys, each is now performing at grade level!

Posted November 18, 2010

I would not recommend this school to anyone especially to families with children who have learning challenges. They sell themselves as a school that understands children with special needs but falls far short of performing and there is little or no support for them. It seems that they have a sink or swim philosophy.

Posted September 2, 2009

Kline School is exceptional. The classes are small and the curriculum is enriched and individualized. Students are grouped by a combination of their skill level and their maturity--not just by their ages. Both my son and daughter attended Kline School and their success in core courses was assured. My family as a whole recognizes the value of the education they received, and I will always be grateful to Kline School and its staff for helping my children succeed in secondary school and beyond.

Posted September 1, 2009

Kline School has been an amazing experience for our children. Because of the small class sizes, the kids receive exceptional individual attention. Kline also has components that I did not see in other private schools. They have a terrific creative arts, drama and media component. They have a science fair that every student participates in. There is a strong emphasis on public speaking, using technology as one would in a work environment, and, most importantly, they teach the kids how to take responsibility for their own work. They learn to manage their time and meet deadlines,

Posted August 11, 2009

When we first met with Ms. Kline about the school she was more than willing to spend as much time as we need to answer all of our questions. She then eagerly took us on a tour of the campus and the classroom that our daughter would be attending. What transpired next was the determining factor for us; we were able to interact with the children of this class and witness a level of enthusiasm for learning unlike anywhere else. It is a school strong on academics and technology. A student learns to become a citizen of the world through experiences such as having an exchange student as a member of their student body, participation in community events as a volunteer and learning to become environmentally aware. We are extremely pleased with the education that daughter is receiving at the Kline School. We would encourage any parent to take that first

Posted August 11, 2009

My first year at Kline School was different from any school because from the start we used computers for almost every subject. It is so much easier to use a computer to type a paper instead of writing one. I also like how my teacher made learning fun by playing a lot of games. At the end of the school year it is a lot of fun because we go to the beach for Beach Day. And at school we do something called the Knowledge Bowl. During the summer we have a lot of fun putting on a Shakespeare play
—Submitted by a student

Posted August 5, 2009

I have two sons who attend Kline school, and I have a son graduated from Kline school couple years ago and went to prep- boarding school. They are all started school , age of 4 as kindergarten and they have learned so much of how you can do the work at excellent level with your 100% effort. Starting at young age, kids learn detail of math , phonix, reading, creative writing . As a result, by the time kids start to prepare for high school,they are so ahead of everything. I truely recommend to everybody to take a look ' KLINE SCHOOL' if you are looiking for incredible academic school.

Posted July 17, 2009

My son attends Kline school, transfering in as a fifth grader. He has responded well to the indivual teaching style, the use of technology in all aspects of learning, and the small class size. In a time when state budget cuts are increasing the class sizes at public schools, and many private schools are filling the classes to up to 30 kids to pad their coffers, this school offers an intimate learning environment with class sizes no larger than 14 kids. It is a safe and healthy environment where children learn what it means to be a good world citizen.

Teacher resources

Special staff resources available to students Art teacher(s)
Computer specialist(s)
Music teacher(s)
PE instructor(s)
Poetry/Creative writing teacher(s)
Foreign languages spoken by school staff Chinese (Mandarin)
Spanish
Read more about programs at this school
Source: Provided by a school official.

Awards

Special education / special needs

Level of special education programming offered
Extra learning resources offered
  • Differentiated learning programs

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Science

• Music
  • Performing arts
  • Art teacher(s)
  • Music teacher(s)
  • Poetry/Creative writing teacher(s)
  • Art room

School start time
  • 8:00 am
School end time
  • 3:00 pm
Before school or after school care / program onsite
  • Before school: starts at 7:30 a.m.
  • After school: ends at 5:00 p.m.
  • Ms. Susan Kline
Best ways for parents to contact the school
  • Coed
Boarding options
  • Day school
Is there an application process?
Affiliation

• Art teacher(s)
  • Computer specialist(s)
  • Music teacher(s)
  • PE instructor(s)
  • Poetry/Creative writing teacher(s)
Foreign languages spoken by staff

• Graphics
  • Technical design and production
  • Video / Film production

Student clubs

Clubs (distinct from courses)
  • Homework help/study buddy club
  • Music Club

Photos

School culture

Dress Code
  • Uniforms
Bullying policy
  • This school has a bullying and/or cyber bullying policy in place.
  • Chaperone school trips
  • Join PTO/PTA
  • Organize fundraising events (school auction, bake sales, etc.)
  • Present special topics during curricular units