Courtland, CA

Posted November 23, 2010
My son is in the first grade and I am extremely impressed by the teachers I have encounted, the PTA and in particular, the principal, Mr. David Nelson. Mr. Nelson knows ALL the children in the school, is bilingual so he is able to communicate with all the children and their parents. He is found frequently in classrooms, on the school grounds and at every after school function. Since he has been principal, the school is noticably cleaner, the grounds are well cared for, the students are energetic and seem to have school spirit. The teachers appear to be happy and also involved in the students learning, not just test scores.

Posted February 06, 2009
My son is in Kindergarten right now at Bates. I am extremely impressed with his experience so far. His teacher, Miss Johnson, is warm, fun, creative, and dedicated to reaching all the kids. The principal is involved in all aspects of school life--always visiting classrooms, always visible and available to students and parents alike. It is a small school with a strong community atmosphere. Class sizes are small, which I like. Yes, it has a large hispanic population, but all kids' needs are met equally. I'm very happy with the school.

Posted March 05, 2007
I disagree, it is geared to all children, and to parent involvement I see many parents and community involvement. Just because you don't see the parent at the school campus that does not mean the parent is not involved.They could be involved outside the classroom as well. AS I do, I correct papers help the classroom teacher by doing charts copying and I do all of this at home. My child has higher learning abilities and she is advancing just fine. Sorry but, when it comes to academics all students are geared for higher learning and to be successful no matter how low or how high your learning ability is.

Bates Elementary School 3

Posted February 21, 2007
I agree with the other parent review on here. This school is very geared toward the children who speak spanish.

Bates Elementary School 1

Posted October 28, 2005
I think this school needs tons of parent involvement, better academic programs, and sports.. It is geared more to helping hispanic children than any other...They keep the kids with higher learning abilities at the same level at the kids who dont understand well....

Bates Elementary School
180 Primasing Avenue, Courtland, CA  95615
Last modified Bates Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Bates Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 5 reviews. Top