Sonrise Christian School

Private | K-8

Living in Covina

Situated in an urban neighborhood. The median home value is $321,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,750.

Sweep tile

Posted April 19, 2013

We just love Sonrise Christian School, the staff and teachers are great and caring, the classroom sizes are smaller. At Sonrise you are not part of a school you are part of a family.

Posted April 19, 2013

Words can not express how much I love Sonrise!!!! They are amazing putting Faith and family first. The teachers are Wonderful !!! Always willing to help out my children. We have been with Sonrise since my son was 3 years old. My son is now in 4th grade and Mrs. Holmes is awesome. I love her and her amazing loving spirit!! My daughter now 7yrs old is with Mrs. Free is so happy & it makes me smile. Sonrise goes above and beyond for our families. We also have amazing fun raisers!! And wonderful fun fieldtrips!!! I know my husband and I made the right choice with Sonrise. Like I said no words can express how happy we are with all the wonderful teachers and staff!!!! Amazing!!!!!

Posted November 17, 2012

....of course there are small class sizes, everybody quit this school because the teaching and some of the teachers's behaviour was inadeguate if not inappropriate. I am glad some of them are no longer teaching there! The school might be able to improve.

Posted October 14, 2012

Can you imagine a school that focuses on the following areas? 1. The academic experience goes beyond the classroom 2. Culture of Care/Nurture 3. Family Atmosphere 4. Laptop Learning 5. Christian Worldview 6. Smaller Class Size This is Sonrise Christian

Posted December 22, 2010

Relating to the Laptop Learning program. I am currently a Sophomore in High School. I attended Sonrise the first year that the laptops were tested. I have so much more knowledge about computers and how to use them for school related projects compared to my companions in high school because of this program. It was worth every cent and then some.

Posted May 13, 2010

This school is a wonderful place for a child to grow and learn spiritually as well as academically. This school is a great environment for all children! I love this school!

Posted March 22, 2010

Sonrise is wonderful! Both my children have attended since preschool. My oldest is in eighth grade and my youngest is in fourth. The office staff and teachers are loving, Godly, people. My kids look forward to school each day and they are excelling academically. I would recommend Sonrise to anyone looking for a loving, nurturing environment for their children to learn and grow in!

Posted March 7, 2010

I'm in 8th grade at Sonrise Christian school and I'll say that it is great! I agree with the parent that said the negative things about the Laptop Learning Program, it really was a waste of time and money. However, the teachers are caring and want the best for us and that's all that matters. I would not suggest this school if you are financially short, but if you aren't I totally suggest it! :)
—Submitted by a student

Posted January 20, 2010

After a multiple discussion with so many parents, we all agreed that using the computer laptop program was an useful idea, waste of a time and money as well it created more trouble than good. My understanding many parents decided to enroll their kids somewhere else, because if disorganized school programs, poor curriculums, and lack in teaching quality

Posted October 13, 2009

We feel privileged to be able to send our son to Sonrise. Starting our day at flag is my favorite.Pledge of Allegiance, a patriotic song, and a Bible verse is how we start our day.I love how the children learn that God's hand is in everything they learn.

Posted March 15, 2009

The teachers spent their time trying to control the students instead of teaching them. There is no feeling of community or Christ's love. I was very very disappointed.

Posted December 3, 2008

Very good atmosphere. My daugther enjoyed everyday at school. Dominic

Posted February 28, 2008

Coming from a public school, sonrise is the best choice we will never regret. Our 3 kids are well balanced spiritually, academically, and in character. We love it!

Posted February 27, 2008

The atmosphere at Sonrise Christian is a warm and welcoming one. The teachers and staff always seem to be smiling. The students are loved here. Both of my children valued their time at Sonrise as a positive one. The wish there was a high school.

Posted September 1, 2007

I had a horrible experience at Sonrise. I found the staff cold and indifferent. My son's teacher had no classroom control. I sat in and observed one day and was appalled at the behavior of the students. I pulled my son out and I have been very happy at another local Christian School.

Posted February 13, 2007

We can't say enough about Sonrise Christian School! They strive for excellence in all areas and have wonderful, dedicated faculty & staff. Our four children all attended K-8th grades there and all have grown into successful, Godly adults. Sonrise is awesome!

Posted September 19, 2006

Our children have been attending Sonrise Christian since kindergarten and will continue here until their 8th grade graduation. We have been extremely pleased with the program and have been envolved with Sonrise for over 8 yrs now. The faculty is fantastic, they are extremely warm and friendly to all the students and families. Whether my children needed tutoring or dicipline, the results were always swift and fair. Our children are happy to attend school each and everyday, which is refreshing. We couldn't have asked for a better educational experience for our children.

Posted August 24, 2006

Wonderful school and staff. Sonrise has an extremely warm and loving atmosphere that embraces every student that attends.

Posted May 11, 2006

This was my childrens first year at Sonrise and it was a challenge. The teachers and office faculty were great. The after school program has a few incidents, but overall ok, I would keep them here as long as possible.

Posted August 29, 2005

This is a very good school. Children are challenged academically and learn important character building skills.

Ethnicity This school
Black 5%
Hawaiian Native/Pacific Islander 4%
American Indian/Alaska Native 0%
Source: NCES, 2009-2010

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• Coed
Affiliation
  • Church of christ
Associations
  • ACSI

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• Computer lab
  • Library

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

1220 East Ruddock Street