Bad
Good

I have to say some of the teachers are great. Ms. Dahl is the best kindergarten teacher I have known. But when it comes to the principal I sure wish the district could find a better person. She needs to learn how to be polite , not only to students but parents. My personal opinion is that this principal only cares about getting the funding for school.

It has it's pro's and cons. For starters, they have some excellent teachers there . However, my child had excellent grades and I felt they were overlooked. There is no student of the month, no honor roll. I think that students need these things for more reason to strive. The GATE program is weak. There is so much focus on testing that the was hardly any attention given to GATE it seems. An occasional extra worksheet sent home with homework was all that was given for GATE students. I really didn't want to bad mouth the school but, I honestly do not have too many good things to say other than the staff are very friendly. The principal falls a little short of being professional at times. I think that the school can use some restructuring. Maybe a new principal? I don't know to much about how funding and school districts work so, there may be good reasons to why things are they way they are at this school.

My son was enrolled in this school last year. His Grade 1 teacher, Ms. Snyder, is a very dedicated teacher and has a passion for teaching. I saw how my son improved under her tutelage. She gave concrete feedbacks on a student performance throughout the school year, which is very helpful to an involved parent. This school had a rating of 7 last year and I was hoping it would get a higher rating this year. I wonder why it got a 5 rating this year?

this is the best elm. school that any of my children has gone to. The teachers are great ,my daughter has had some problems with math and the extra help she gets I think has helped her so much.

My daughter has attended Barranca since Kindergarten she is in the 5th grade right now. I have had an excellent learning experience, the one thing I will say initially the 1st principal was not very approachable but the new principal is very nice and approachable, the teachers have been excellent, the only problem I had was when there was a morning teacher and an afternoon teacher that was very inconsistent and I was not very happy then, now my daughter's teacher is Mrs Awad and she means business and she is well respected by her students. Thanks for having teachers that care about the betterment of our children.

My child started kindergarten and so far I have been very pleased. Her teacher is very attentive to each child's individual needs and very approachable.

I love this school for my kids. They are doing a wonderful job there and I know the staff care for the children very much.

Last modified Barranca Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.