Posted February 27, 2011
What I like about the school is the support parents and teachers give to each other. Also their reading program is awesome and with Mrs Estrada in charge makes it an incredible program. The math program is also very helpful for our kids. Love the school but I think some teacher don't do their 100% to help our kids and that's one reason the state test are so low!

Merwin Elementary School 0

Posted April 26, 2010
there is a new principal who is laking in many of the areas that the old principal excelled in. This one is discriminatory in her dealings and not a very professional lady. she is very reserved and it shows in her dealings with the kids and the staff. this school is not what it used to be.

Merwin Elementary School 0

Posted April 26, 2010
This school has been rapidly deteriorating since the new principal took over. she is a horrible team player. I am a parent and even I can see this. The old principal had a great rapport with parents; not so this one. There are no extra-curricular activities and the teacher's seem to be against one another now. very sad.

Posted June 04, 2007

Posted May 29, 2007
Principal has a great attitude and personally contacted me when I left a message for her at her office. She was very supportive in offering suggestions for my son's speech impairment. One area of concern is that I often walk my son to the cafeteria for breakfast so I can sit with him for a few minutes. I have never been approached by security as to who I am or why I am on campus.

Merwin Elementary School 5

Posted May 25, 2007
This is a wonderful school. The staff is highly involved in the overall success of every child. This begins with the Principal right down to every last staff member. The opportunities for parent involvement are great. Sometimes on Saturdays to meet the working parents needs.

Posted July 16, 2005
Merwins commitment to our kids is great. The staff really cares about their students.

Merwin Elementary School
16125 Cypress, Covina, CA  91722
Last modified Merwin Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Merwin Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 7 reviews. Top