Crockett, CA

Posted May 16, 2013
I would like to support my local Middle School in educating future generations toward becoming healthy and honest individuals who thereby will realize the significance of an independent spirit without sacrificing the importance of team work. This will contribute to promoting a healthy society stressing values that recognize people for who they are and not for what they possess. I feel confident that the development of such an attitude will express the true human spirit of the individual.

Posted May 01, 2011
I love this school because at my daughter's old schools in the West Contra Costa District, she wasn't doing very good and she was being bullied a lot. At Carquinez, she is getting very good grades with all advanced classes and she has a lot of friends and she feels very safe. The teachers help a lot and they really help them learn. The staff is very nice and responsible unlike the West Contra Costa school's staff. I would recommend this school to anybody that lives near Rodeo or Hercules.

Carquinez Middle School 3

Posted March 14, 2009
well this school is great i mean violence wise and there is a lot of room for improvment like second language classes there needs to be more second langueage classes

Posted August 15, 2008
My daughter is very happy at Carquinez Middle School. She is excelling in all she does. I usually find the teachers and especially the Principal to be responsive to just about everything. I do see a lack of parent invovment and I do wish there were more diversity in the elective courses, such as dance, theatre etc. Overall we are very happy with this school and in this day and age I feel the very most important thing that a school should have, is a safe inviornment. I give this school an A+ for safety. I now have an 8th grader at Carquinez and she has never felt unsafe at school. For me, that means so much and I feel at ease when she's there. If students feel safe, they can excel at anything!

Posted May 23, 2008
My children are thriving at CMS. The level of competence far exceeds that of my experiences with West contra costa's Crespi in El Sobrante.

Posted July 11, 2007
In order to live in Crockett with children, a parent must be dutifully involved. There are wonderful teachers and administration, especially once you've reached Carquinez Middle School. However, one that has spent time volunteering in the schools, cannot deny a large population of children whom do not come from backgrounds in which education is put first. There are many students who were/are not taught to respect their teachers. Therefore my honest opinion is that we have an awesome staff that faces a lot of time disciplining taking away from learning time that the other wonderful children really want to do. Ms. Steensrude is wonderful. She knows all students by name and if you're an involved parent, she will remember yours, too! I love Crockett and appreciate all its diversity . You can make it work if willing! My son's top math skills were accommodated by him taking courses at the High School.

Posted February 24, 2007
I have been in this school district since per-k and think this school is a great school to go to. Everybody knows one another and for the most part get along good. We have well behaved students and nice teachers it is an all around good place to be-class of 07!

Posted September 24, 2006
I have a seventh grade daughter at Carquinez Middle School and have been extremely pleased with the school, administration and teachers. I am an involved parent I attend PTSA meetings and thoroughly enjoyed back to school night. The heart and soul beats loudly through the faces of the teachers and staff. I value education and have found this small close knit community to be an excellent place for my children to learn and thrive.

Posted September 24, 2006
I have two daughters (grades 6 & 7) at Carquinez and am thrilled with their academic progress (compared to friend's kids at various private schools). I continue to be impressed with the quality of the teachers at the school. Their enthusiasm, sense of community & teamwork, and their education & qualifications cannot be beat. Yes, there is a lack of parent involvement. But an excellent education is available at Carquinez. I have proof! My kids are both GATE students, advanced testers, and are getting a solid education. They are able to participate in sports & band. They are loving their middle school experience & feel comfortable at Carquinez. Enough said!

Posted September 24, 2006
Carquinez may look like a jail on the outside, but the inside is truly beautiful. All the kids seem happy and the teachers are absolutely wonderful. Parents are actively involved. There is a lot of diversity in the students, but luckily teasing is a rare thing. Carquinez is a fabulous school

Carquinez Middle School
1099 Pomona Street, Crockett, CA  94525
Last modified Carquinez Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Carquinez Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 19 reviews. Top