Cudahy, CA

Teresa Hughes Elementary School 2

Posted August 23, 2014
Every since Ms. Fuller which proved to be the best principal the school has been a disaster and will continue without great leadership. The office manager need to stop making faces at the parents. The parent that are in Parent Center are horrible always talking bad about teacher and themselves and its community Representative need to be more of a leader and involve more parents. The parental involvement needs improvement and they need the lady that ran the parent center she had workshop and resource now that is all gone. I hope things do improve. Very unsatisfied. Good thing Mrs. Cortez left she ruined the school.

Teresa Hughes Elementary School 3

Posted March 28, 2014
My sister and nephew attended this school ( a few years apart)..... I feel that the school attempts to involve parents in their children's education, but some parents are simply not interested. Thus the lack of educational disciple at home, is reflected on the students Test Scores- which are terrible. Note to parents: a child's base education and the belief in attaining "Good Grades" begins at home. Sure great teachers help, but the teachers that can negatively/positively impact a child's life the most are called PARENTS.

Posted November 19, 2012
Many of the changes at this school are proving to be positive! It is moving in the right direction with a 30 point increase on the CST.

Teresa Hughes Elementary School 2

Posted June 13, 2012
Great school, parents, and students. What this school lacks is an effective instructional leader that leads by example. "You do not lead by hitting people over the head that's assault, not leadership." Dwight D. Eisenhower

Teresa Hughes Elementary School 4

Posted November 01, 2011
The principal is a wonderful person. The office staff is great. The only problem I have about the school is that one parent volunteer is rude to me whenever I am around her. I think she is very immature and unprofessional.

Teresa Hughes Elementary School 0

Posted October 23, 2009
I have my son at this school. I like that teachers have patience to deal with children and interact with parents to make the learning more fun.

Posted August 19, 2009

Posted April 03, 2009
I have my two daughters at this school. I like that I can talk to the principal,the staff and the teachers and they really listen and try to help me.

Posted September 18, 2008
I have to be thankful to god first for having such a wonderful and understanding principal. She has done a outstanding job in bringing the test scores up to where they are now. We could'nt have done so without her great leadership. The office staff is also amazing they listen to the needs of the parents and students. Teacher i also thank you for the wonderful work you do as a team . Once again you have proven that together everything is possible.

Teresa Hughes Elementary School 0

Posted June 03, 2008
I believe Teresa Hughes is an awesome school. The only flaw this school has is the administration office. These people need to learn how to speak to parents, how to send news letters home in a timely matter. I will personally contact the district and let them know whats going on with the staff.

Teresa Hughes Elementary School
4242 Clara Street, Cudahy, CA  90201
Last modified Teresa Hughes Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Teresa Hughes Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 22 reviews. Top