PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

I am an alum of The Willows who is currently in high school and can say the Willows is the most amazing school in LA. The teachers create bonds with students like no other school. I felt as the teachers treated the students in a very mature and engaging manner while making class extremely fun. Each class excited me and i looked forward to attend school everyday! Everyone who works at the Willows is great! They are extremely genourous people who are always willing to help a student at lunch or even after school. The amount of options the school has to offer are amazing. Willows has something to offer for all kinds of kids. It is not a one type of student school. The Willows has a well thought out curriculum with a purpose behind it. They encourage being well-rounded by giving a manageable homework load. Unfortinately my high school does not nearly have as sophisticated teachers or the charm that the Willows does. Great teachers, great sports, great electives, great classmates, great school. I love the Willows!

I love The Willows. We relocated to Los Angeles from San Francisco, and my son was understandably nervous about starting a new school in 3rd grade. But everyone was so amazing and welcoming! The kids are sweet, the teachers wonderful and caring, and the curriculum is challenging and very hands on. My kid genuinely loves going to school every day.

Bravo to The Willows Community School for mainstreaming kids from Park Century into your Middle School. I have a son in the 7th grade at Park Century and was happy to hear that a student in his class is being mainstreamed into the Willows 7th grade this year. The fact The Willows is now taking our kids, and creating specialized programs for them so that they can take advantage of The Willows extracurricular programs while receiving ed therapy creates an exciting option for kids with learning challenges. Choices for these students are limited in Los Angeles, and The Willows can expect a big bump in middle school tours and applications with this new policy.

Bravo to The Willows Community School for mainstreaming kids from Park Century into your Middle School. I have a son in the 7th grade at Park Century and was happy to hear that a student in his class has been mainstreamed to The Willows. The fact that The Willows is now taking our kids, and creating specialized programs for them so that they can take advantage of The Willows extracurricular programs while receiving ed therapy, is a brave step. Choices for students with learning challenges are extremely limited in Los Angeles. The Willows can expect a big bump in middle school applications with this new policy. I already know that several Park Century families are attending The Willows' tours in anticipation of applying to the middle school next year.

My child is in the 8th grade at the Willows and we have been there since elementary school. Say what you want about the school, but my child has learning differences and the school has been great about involving tutors and ed therapists throughout my child's time at the school. The Willows seems to have an unusually high percentage of kids with learning challenges, and they do an excellent job of accommodating them. I have heard complaints from parents with children who don't have challenges that feel their kids are bored. We are lucky, through attrition, to have a very small grade and my child gets lots of personal attention. If your child has learning differences, this would be a great school for you.

Our boys go to The Willows and look forward to going to school each day and they are happy when they come home. They have LOVED all of their teachers. The teachers are the core of the school and they have an amazing connection with the kids and with each other. The students are constantly learning and so are the teachers - always approaching education with a fresh perspective and always thinking of new ways to engage the kids. Willows is dynamic - always forward thinking and willing to try new things. This energy and love for learning is shared throughout the school and passed onto the kids. The kids are EXCITED to learn, they are learning at the perfect pace, are in a comfortable environment and the teachers are absolutely on top of it - taking as much care with the student's social/emotional learning as they do with the academics. The faculty and Head of the School are equally incredible. As parents, we have many opportunities to have our voices heard, whether it is a concern or an idea. The entire school is absolutely committed to your family and your child's education. It truly feels like an extension of your family when you go to The Willows.

I am a current parent and alumni parent of The Willows. I was brought to the school through the search of a middle school and fell in love with the program, faculty, staff, administration, curriculum and community that we decided to enroll all 3 of our children! The middle school is unlike any other. The kids are provided tools to become independent thinkers, develop their own voice, reach outside their comfort zone all in a safe, positive and encouraging environment. My 9th grader has lifelong friends, high academic skills and amazing memories from The Willows. Reading some of the remarks about bullying in middle school is totally unrealistic. I have been very involved in the middle school for the past 4 years and the administration and faculty are on top of any issues that arise in that area. The kids are given the skills to handle conflict and seak help when needed. I have seen first hand action taken immediatly by teachers and administrators when the occurance of a kid being "mean" seldom happens. We are also experiencing the same positive, engaging, dynamic curriculum and warm. loving environment in the lower school. The Willows is a gift to our children.

This is really a special school. We have been here for 7 years and I am so deeply sad that there will be a day when my children are not at The Willows. The new campus is stunning and a wonderful physical extension of the extraordinary program. The teachers are inspired and inspiring. We couldn't be happier.

I am an alumni parent. Both of my children attended the school and had an excellent experience. They have gone on to be passionate, directed, engaged young adults. The Willows provided them with a wonderful academic program preparing them for success in high school and college. In my experience the administration was very responsive to behavioral issues and worked in partnership with the parents to resolve social issues. The school also offered ongoing opportunities for discussion with the administration. Not every school is right for every family but that doesn't mean there is something wrong with the school or the family. Rather then blame the school(s) families should seek an environment that will suit their child's needs.

I would encourage the family who wrote the previous post to contact the administration and work with them to resolve the situation. It seems unlikely a school would give a child "free reign" to mean. My experience at the school has been only positive and when issues have come up the administration has worked with us. Part of growing up is dealing with different personalities and situations. As a parent I want my child to have the tools to deal with difficult situations and The Willows, despite what the previous post states, does not find "mean behavior" acceptable.

Last modified The Willows Community School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8