Culver City, CA

Ecf Kayne Eras Center 3

Posted November 26, 2013
I agree with some of the previous comments made by parents but not all. My child's behavior improved tremendously since entering Kayne Eras. Once her behavior became no longer an issue her focus and grades improved. Yes there is no sense of community, parent involvement and continuity among staff. I attempted for several years to bridge the gap and disconnect but it is simply a culture that has been in place for quite sometime and will take time to undue. This was very difficult for me because I am use to schools with strong parent involvement. My child will complete elementary at this school but for middle school and above she will not be there. I was very disturbed to learn that high school students do not have home work (one teacher told me). If not much is expected then what is produced will be very little as well. Fine for some I guess but never acceptable standards for my child.

Posted February 02, 2013
This school is Absolutely the worst possible school that you can bring your child to. If they have ADHD it will get worse. They have little to no instruction. The school is more a like Juvenile jail atmosphere. While my daughter was there we witnessed the staff picking on students restraining them to the floor as well as speaking foul language to them. They have High school students on the bus with elementary kids and one of the High school students had issues fondling students. So imagine the rest. The school looks nice from the outside and the staff talk a good one had me convinced that they could help him. My advise is to ask them what their curriculum involves then ask them how do they deal with a child who is not on task and doesn't follow instruction. Ask them if they ever put their hands on the children? Also ask them if there teachers have any certifications to teach the classes they teach? But the best one of all ask them if there Teacher Aids are certified cause they aren't. They are either convicted Felons and or people who couldn't get a job any where else. Don't believe me ask to meet one and then hold a conversation with one. I got my daughter out of there quick.

Posted September 06, 2011
This school takes kids with problems and does nothing to help their problems. It is very poorly run. There is no community, poor management, and disinterested parents. A good school if you want your kid to grow up to become a drug addict or criminal. Otherwise it should be avoided.

Ecf Kayne Eras Center 5

Posted September 25, 2008
This school has a very loving and nurturing evironment. My son improved dramatically during his time there. I would recommend it very highly.

Ecf Kayne Eras Center 5

Posted September 03, 2006
I have great experience at Kayne Eras, I still don't believe how much my son improved in a very short time at KEC. The quality of the teachers, academic programs as the activities extracurriculares has made the difference. I strongly recommend KEC as a placement for any child with special needs.

Posted January 11, 2006
My child has been at this school for both middle and high school. ERAS is a bad choice for parents who truly want their children to succeed. The teachers have no sense of academic standards or appropriate discipline procedures. The administrators (which change every year) have no idea about how to get teachers to improve their methods and reach out to each child. The administrators also have little grasp of 'time on task' because my child complains that he has little work to do in class or at home, and there are numerous un-academic assemblies and sports tournaments during instructional time. The high school is in desperate need of teachers who know their subjects, instead of these who just dumb everything down so the kids will pass with good grades. We're through with ERAS after this year.

Ecf Kayne Eras Center