K-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

This is the WORST school my child has ever attended! They allow your child to be bullied and refuse to address the situation unless you have solid proof. They cover up for their unprofessional staff, and the Principal himself will outright lie to you regarding conversations you've had with him about your child. The curriculum is substandard, and no homework is given in my child's class. This week because the staff is not very fond of him he is being denied education as well as his bus services which are a part of his IEP. DO NOT send your child here unless you want them constantly antagonized by both adults and other children.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly disagree

The classroom is like a zoo. There is a major disconnect between the teacher and student due to there being a mutual lack of respect.

Amount of homework: Disagree

As previously mentioned, my child NEVER has homework. The few times I have complained he was given some random papers he was able to complete in less than 30 mins with complete accuracy.

I agree with some of the previous comments made by parents but not all. My child's behavior improved tremendously since entering Kayne Eras. Once her behavior became no longer an issue her focus and grades improved. Yes there is no sense of community, parent involvement and continuity among staff. I attempted for several years to bridge the gap and disconnect but it is simply a culture that has been in place for quite sometime and will take time to undue. This was very difficult for me because I am use to schools with strong parent involvement. My child will complete elementary at this school but for middle school and above she will not be there. I was very disturbed to learn that high school students do not have home work (one teacher told me). If not much is expected then what is produced will be very little as well. Fine for some I guess but never acceptable standards for my child.

This school is Absolutely the worst possible school that you can bring your child to. If they have ADHD it will get worse. They have little to no instruction. The school is more a like Juvenile jail atmosphere. While my daughter was there we witnessed the staff picking on students restraining them to the floor as well as speaking foul language to them. They have High school students on the bus with elementary kids and one of the High school students had issues fondling students. So imagine the rest. The school looks nice from the outside and the staff talk a good one had me convinced that they could help him. My advise is to ask them what their curriculum involves then ask them how do they deal with a child who is not on task and doesn't follow instruction. Ask them if they ever put their hands on the children? Also ask them if there teachers have any certifications to teach the classes they teach? But the best one of all ask them if there Teacher Aids are certified cause they aren't. They are either convicted Felons and or people who couldn't get a job any where else. Don't believe me ask to meet one and then hold a conversation with one. I got my daughter out of there quick.

This school takes kids with problems and does nothing to help their problems. It is very poorly run. There is no community, poor management, and disinterested parents. A good school if you want your kid to grow up to become a drug addict or criminal. Otherwise it should be avoided.

This school has a very loving and nurturing evironment. My son improved dramatically during his time there. I would recommend it very highly.

Last modified Ecf Kayne Eras Center is a Private school that serves grades K-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.