Posted July 21, 2014
My son attended MACC for a year and a half and he has really thrived here. He's going to pre-K next year but he's already doing two-digit adding and subtracting and can read starter books on his own. The location is convenient and parking is plenty and close to the door. They're flexible with drop offs and pick ups (at least for mid-day pick ups). The neighborhood is safe. Another perk is they'll actually heat up your kids' food for them at lunch so that you can take real food instead of just packaged food or sandwiches every day. They do music and yoga and art, although their art can improve (usually it's teacher-directed instead of free crafts). But they have painting available every day. I was also impressed with how well-behaved the kids are. I didn't find that in other preschools I toured where they were running around and loud. I also like how they don't have computers or TV even for "learning purposes." All the teachers are hands on and my kid knows them all and even the kids from other classes. A really good school and I'm so happy my son was enrolled here.

Posted January 05, 2013
My daughter attended the Montessori Academny of Culver City for 2 1/2 years, from age 2 1/2 to age 5. It is an AMAZING school. Not only did my daughter love it, but at the end of her time there she was reading at a 1st grade level and doing 1st grade math problems. Now in kindergarten she's so advanced that she has a "special" for reading where she goes to the first grade class for her reading lessons. In addition to the outstanding academic curriculum, the school fosters independence and self reliance in the children. Through doing her "montessori work" my daughter has learned the discipline of working by herself and finishing projects without too much direction. I love this school. Unfortunately, we moved out of state so my daughter could not attend Kindergarten there. I would VERY HIGHLY reccomend this school! The only negative thing about this school is that when your kid leaves to attend kindergarten they are over prepared! LOL The teachers are amazing! And most importantly, the kids love it. My daughter never wanted to miss a day of school....not even when she was sick. She was devastated when she couldn't attend kindergarten there with her beloved Ms. Gaby.

Montessori Academy Of Culver City 1

Posted October 24, 2012
My 2 years son was very active, after joining here he become dummy,now he never talks and allways sits at one place,I am going to change the school next month and never recomened this school.

Posted June 21, 2012
Best thing I ever done to my daughter. My daughter loves this school. She enjoys it and is leaning a great deal. In less amount of time upon her enrollment, she wrote her name, knew her alphabet and now can count her numbers and write them till 100. I am very impressed as how much she is learning and fast. The teachers are great, facility is always kept clean. I will recommend strongly this school to any parent hesitating between schools.

Montessori Academy Of Culver City 4

Posted May 18, 2012
Daughter loves this school. It's why I keep her there. Here's the good and the bad: Good 1. Great teachers. 2. Kids learn a lot. My child is under 4 and can write her name, recognizes sight words and recognizes numbers. Also a lot of free play so it's a good balance of both. 3. They keep the facility very clean. 4. One teacher in particular handles everything, I thought she was the Director but she has her own class. When her class is empty, she cleans or helps other teachers. Bad 1. Expensive, especially considering they're not accredited. Their monthly tuition is equivalent to accredited early childhood education centers. 2. Bulding is small. 3. Zero involvement by the schoold Director. My child has attended for 1 year and I have yet to meet her. This is kind of scary and a shame for the Director but luckily the teachers are GREAT! 3. Child's work is given to parents weekly but progress reports, or parent/teacher conferences would be good. 3. There is little parent involvement. Parents schedule playdates with other kids on their own. The school doesn't encourage or bridge communication between parents at all.

Posted May 22, 2011
We love this school! Our son started in the fall when he was JUST turning 3. Now it's spring and he has learned his alphabet and his numbers. He can write the letters and numbers, he can say the phonics, he can identify things that begin with the letters, and he can count and even add and subtract a bit. He's picked up some Spanish, too. I think it must have changed since the parent who wrote about no painting or music, they do a big art project every friday, and it frequently involves painting. AND there is a lot of singing, my son is always singing songs he learned at school.

Montessori Academy Of Culver City 1

Posted July 28, 2009
My kid learned nothing after 6 months of education in this school. We then taught her at home and she picked up numbers, alphabets, could spell and write her name within a month.

Posted June 14, 2007

Posted May 29, 2007
my 5 yr old was reading within 2 months of joining Montessori.The staff are amazing gentle with the children and it is a family atmosphere-I mean families that get on really well!Their classes are small and children get a special welcome here and thrive.Now my daughter does not want to leave when I pick her up!No painting or music activities but dance classes yoga gymnastics classes are all available at extra costs.

Posted November 08, 2006
This is an amazing school!My child had been going there since she was 18 months old, and now she is 3 and a half. The Director and teachers are very involved, dedicated, carrying and very active. Kids learn Spanish as a second language! The Montessori curriculum is great for this age, the kids learn a lot and have a lot of fun! I would recommend this school to parents who are looking for a safe and quality environment for their kids! Tanya W, parent

Montessori Academy Of Culver City
5881 Green Valley Circle, Culver City, CA  90230
Last modified Montessori Academy Of Culver City is a Private school that serves grades K-1
Montessori Academy Of Culver City Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top