Posted April 27, 2014
We moved to this neighborhood to attend this school. Besides the languages the attitude towards learning and studding in general is what important in this school.

Posted April 02, 2014
Great Immersion school with very high API score. My kids attended Japanese program and they speak/write Japanese fluently. It's a very small school and teacher/students have close connection. So bullying is really rare (or doesn't exist at all). Compared to other school, EM have lots of homework. Teachers pushes your kids to study/learn. So be prepared, you'll be fine!

Posted November 30, 2013
I consider my self one of the luckiest children in the work, to get so immersed with a culture and language at such a young age. I am SO proud to say that I'm from El Marino. If it was't for this school, i would't be the fluent spanish speaker I am today. The experience I had at elementary school was like no other.

Posted September 21, 2013
We have a 3rd grader and a Kindergartener at El Marino and feel very fortunate to be able to send our kids to such a great school. The teachers and parents work very hard to provide a level of excellence year after year. Lots of great cultural events each year on top of excellent arts, music, daily p.e., and academic instruction. And small class sizes!

Posted September 20, 2013
We have a 5th grader and a 1st grader at El Marino, and in our opinion, it is a fantastic school. It is amazing to see the kids thriving in their core subjects - exceeding their grade level expectations - while learning in a foreign language to boot! El Marino is also such a supportive community of like-minded parents focused on education. In fact, one way I think about El Marino is that it boasts the cultural and socioeconomic diversity of the great public school that it is, but because it is an "opt-in" school, it also boasts the primary advantage of good private schools: every family at El Marino wants to be there and prioritizes education. Best of both worlds!

Posted September 20, 2013
My son loves going to El Marino. His teacher, Nagumo-sensei, is awesome. If you are lucky enough to live in Culver City and want your child to participate in a language immersion program (Spanish or Japanese), this is the place.

Posted September 20, 2013
El Marino Language Immersion School is an amazing institution for anyone who is supportive of the dual language immersion experience. The child who is immersed in the target language will learn it here. The administrative staff and teachers are extremely competent and the community of supportive cooperative parents makes this school a model of how all our public schools should operate. The community of families and the teachers take great pride in the school; it is demonstrated by all of the administrators, teachers, and families who are vested in the child s education through language immersion. The academics are age appropriate and challenging for the students, the expectations of the students and families are high but reasonable, the teachers are dedicated to academics and making students proficient in one of the two languages taught at the school. There are good channels of communication with the administration and the teachers. Internet communication with the teacher facilitates direct communications with her/him without disrupting the target language the students are learning and using at school throughout the day. However, it can be overwhelming to new parents.

El Marino Elementary School 4

Posted September 19, 2013
I was nervous about the language immersion at first but have loved this school. We are in year two and feel like we are getting a private school education at public school costs. What I mean by this is that the sense of community at the school is great, every one is working together to make it the best.

Posted September 19, 2013
This is a great school. We have great teachers, nice staffs and a lot parent volunteers.

Posted September 19, 2013
El Marino has been such an amazing school for my daughter. I'm so impressed by the commitment of the teacher and staff and other parents. After speaking with many of my friends with children at other schools, I realize how lucky we are to have field trips, anti-bully week, computer labs, art, special cultural events, etc. Additionally, I think given the long history of El Marino with language immersion, it is one of the best options if you are interested in exposing your child to a second language.

El Marino Elementary School
11450 Port Road, Culver City, CA  90230
Last modified El Marino Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
El Marino Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 72 reviews. Top