Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Agree (3 responses)

The new STEAM focus at El Rincon is awesome. This year the principal and PTA have partnered to introduce PS Arts, robotics, and El Rincon is now going to become a Project Lead the Way brand school. The science lab is amazing, better than most high school labs - and the teachers dedicated and passionate. Agree with previous reviewer - a hidden gem in Culver City. My daughter has accelerated in reading and math at this school - and now every student has tech access every day thanks to the tech focus of the principal who is STEAM focused herself. Keep up the great work! Go Rockets!

Despite some of the negative reviews, those who are in it know how wonderful this school is. And personally, I think that's good enough. I rather keep the gem hidden so we can continue to enjoy our wonderful resources here as much as we can! Thank you to the excellent staff and teachers who keep the education solid here! Thank you to the awesome tight community by intelligent & caring parents that make this place a second home to our family.

My son attended pre school and TK. Very disorganized staffed and terrible principle... Drive a little further to the near schools you will see a huge difference.

Some of these negative past reviews are a total joke. Could they be more vague? "What's the standard for a grade?" Standard for WHAT exactly? "A teacher yells a lot" at other kids-- but what else is the teacher doing for YOUR CHILD - have you asked him or her that? Our son attended Kindergarten this year (Sept. 2014-June 2015) at El Rincon and had a fantastic experience overall. Of course El Rincon has challenges, as any other elementary does. But the overall quality of the EDUCATION provided here is excellent. Our son's teacher was successful in not only the practical aspect of our son's education (core skills in spelling, reading, writing, math, computer literacy etc.) but in sparking his interest in creativity: music, narrative storytelling and art in general. The staff overall are caring and friendly. The front office staff while not exactly exuding the same customer-centric attitude as the teachers, are professional and polite. Lastly, the status of this school and how its doing has A LOT to do with the current principal, Reginald Brunson. This guy has a vision for how he wants his students to think and conduct themselves. He constantly emphasizes the four qualities needed to be productive and successful citizens in the 21st century and beyond: Creativity, Collaboration, Critical Thinking, Communication. In terms of the physical grounds, I'd like to see some improvements there, but it's my understanding CCUSD is looking at projects to beautify all the elementary campuses in Culver City in 2016. But the classes, computer lab, science lab, cafetorium (lunch room/assembly room), library are all more than adequate. Don't let a couple of haters fool you: this is a great school,

Teacher effectiveness: Neutral

My child has a teacher that "yells a lot" because has trouble getting the kids to listen to her.

I don't understand why this school gets such high ratings. They need to improve in so many ways. We can't get answers on how our children can improve in the classroom, and the principal can't answer questions on "what's the standard" for a grade level either. Teachers in 2nd grade don't teach the same thing and have different homework. Some hardly teaches any math but addition and subtraction while we find out that a previous 3rd grade teacher has been teaching her class multiplication all year long and the kids currently in her class will continue to follow her into 3rd grade. Where is the fairness here? Absolutely no one can explain it to us.

El Rincon Elementary is a wonderful school. Every teacher my son has had so far has been caring and thorough. They are a STEM school and really working to expand and emphasize their science programs. They have a thriving school garden and garden curriculum. They have a new after school spanish immersion program, so that made me feel better about my inability to get my son into one of the language schools.

We tried this school...soo disappointing. Far too disorganized and the fence makes it look like a prison. Previous over-hyped reviews are suspect...To quote a Shakespeare play, "The lady doth protest too much, methinks." We picked one of the other schools close by-wow, what a difference.

My child finished her kindergarten here and now is in first grade. her teacher, Mrs. Glusac is amazing and the Principle Mr. Brunson is a spot-on leader for this school. He is consistent, clear, firm, sharp, and helps foster healthy respect for teachers and for one another. My child comes home engaged, excited to learn, and we see the results of the STEM program, loving and experienced teachers, and a timely greatly needed leader.

I agree that Mr. Brunson is a major reason why El Rincon has become and remains an excellent school. He loves his job, he is committed to it and the school, and he leads the school in being a true community of learning. El Rincon is also excellent for its high parent involvement, totally committed teachers (who largely, and perhaps also as a credit to Mr. Brunson, really love their jobs), and great staff. Everyone works together here. I will do everything I can to keep my children at El Rincon. Thanks Mr. Brunson and everyone at El Rincon!!!

Last modified El Rincon Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.