Culver City, CA

Posted June 10, 2015
Some of these negative past reviews are a total joke. Could they be more vague? "What's the standard for a grade?" Standard for WHAT exactly? "A teacher yells a lot" at other kids-- but what else is the teacher doing for YOUR CHILD - have you asked him or her that? Our son attended Kindergarten this year (Sept. 2014-June 2015) at El Rincon and had a fantastic experience overall. Of course El Rincon has challenges, as any other elementary does. But the overall quality of the EDUCATION provided here is excellent. Our son's teacher was successful in not only the practical aspect of our son's education (core skills in spelling, reading, writing, math, computer literacy etc.) but in sparking his interest in creativity: music, narrative storytelling and art in general. The staff overall are caring and friendly. The front office staff while not exactly exuding the same customer-centric attitude as the teachers, are professional and polite. Lastly, the status of this school and how its doing has A LOT to do with the current principal, Reginald Brunson. This guy has a vision for how he wants his students to think and conduct themselves. He constantly emphasizes the four qualities needed to be productive and successful citizens in the 21st century and beyond: Creativity, Collaboration, Critical Thinking, Communication. In terms of the physical grounds, I'd like to see some improvements there, but it's my understanding CCUSD is looking at projects to beautify all the elementary campuses in Culver City in 2016. But the classes, computer lab, science lab, cafetorium (lunch room/assembly room), library are all more than adequate. Don't let a couple of haters fool you: this is a great school,

El Rincon Elementary School
Teacher effectiveness: Somewhat effective

Posted May 28, 2015
My child has a teacher that "yells a lot" because has trouble getting the kids to listen to her.

El Rincon Elementary School 3

Posted May 28, 2015
I don't understand why this school gets such high ratings. They need to improve in so many ways. We can't get answers on how our children can improve in the classroom, and the principal can't answer questions on "what's the standard" for a grade level either. Teachers in 2nd grade don't teach the same thing and have different homework. Some hardly teaches any math but addition and subtraction while we find out that a previous 3rd grade teacher has been teaching her class multiplication all year long and the kids currently in her class will continue to follow her into 3rd grade. Where is the fairness here? Absolutely no one can explain it to us.

Posted April 23, 2015
El Rincon Elementary is a wonderful school. Every teacher my son has had so far has been caring and thorough. They are a STEM school and really working to expand and emphasize their science programs. They have a thriving school garden and garden curriculum. They have a new after school spanish immersion program, so that made me feel better about my inability to get my son into one of the language schools.

El Rincon Elementary School 1

Posted July 09, 2014
We tried this school...soo disappointing. Far too disorganized and the fence makes it look like a prison. Previous over-hyped reviews are suspect...To quote a Shakespeare play, "The lady doth protest too much, methinks." We picked one of the other schools close by-wow, what a difference.

Posted May 10, 2014
My child finished her kindergarten here and now is in first grade. her teacher, Mrs. Glusac is amazing and the Principle Mr. Brunson is a spot-on leader for this school. He is consistent, clear, firm, sharp, and helps foster healthy respect for teachers and for one another. My child comes home engaged, excited to learn, and we see the results of the STEM program, loving and experienced teachers, and a timely greatly needed leader.

Posted February 10, 2014
I agree that Mr. Brunson is a major reason why El Rincon has become and remains an excellent school. He loves his job, he is committed to it and the school, and he leads the school in being a true community of learning. El Rincon is also excellent for its high parent involvement, totally committed teachers (who largely, and perhaps also as a credit to Mr. Brunson, really love their jobs), and great staff. Everyone works together here. I will do everything I can to keep my children at El Rincon. Thanks Mr. Brunson and everyone at El Rincon!!!

Posted January 30, 2014
CCUSD picked a winner in Mr. Brunson! I've seen him speak several times now and he is so clearly a man of character and natural leader. The school, the district and the kids are lucky to have him. I'm not sure whether or not El Rincon is the school for us, but Mr. Brunson's presence at the school definitely is one of the major bullet points on my "pros" list for the school.

Posted December 28, 2013
El Rincon is a great, and ever-improving school. We have two children there, and could not be happier with their teachers or the administration. The diversity, level of care, leadership, and focus on true education (not just teaching to a test) consistently impress us. If we had a choice to send our kids to any CCUSD elementary, we would absolutely choose El Rincon again. I'm honestly at a loss as to how anyone could describe El Rincon as "gone down hill," but I guess we all have our own unique experiences.

Posted September 09, 2013
El Rincon is a great school. We as parents , Grandparents, just need to stay involved in there child school and do are best to make sure the children get the Best education El Rincon has to offer. We have great teachers and Staff. Parents, Grandparents Aunts & Uncles, we may need to have coffee and chat, with are Principle to see how we can get are school back on track. Proud Parents ......:)

El Rincon Elementary School
11177 Overland Avenue, Culver City, CA  90230
Last modified El Rincon Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
El Rincon Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 61 reviews. Top