Culver City, CA
Before care: Yes

Posted May 10, 2014
My child finished her kindergarten here and now is in first grade. her teacher, Mrs. Glusac is amazing and the Principle Mr. Brunson is a spot-on leader for this school. He is consistent, clear, firm, sharp, and helps foster healthy respect for teachers and for one another. My child comes home engaged, excited to learn, and we see the results of the STEM program, loving and experienced teachers, and a timely greatly needed leader.

Posted February 10, 2014
I agree that Mr. Brunson is a major reason why El Rincon has become and remains an excellent school. He loves his job, he is committed to it and the school, and he leads the school in being a true community of learning. El Rincon is also excellent for its high parent involvement, totally committed teachers (who largely, and perhaps also as a credit to Mr. Brunson, really love their jobs), and great staff. Everyone works together here. I will do everything I can to keep my children at El Rincon. Thanks Mr. Brunson and everyone at El Rincon!!!

Posted January 30, 2014
CCUSD picked a winner in Mr. Brunson! I've seen him speak several times now and he is so clearly a man of character and natural leader. The school, the district and the kids are lucky to have him. I'm not sure whether or not El Rincon is the school for us, but Mr. Brunson's presence at the school definitely is one of the major bullet points on my "pros" list for the school.

Posted December 28, 2013
El Rincon is a great, and ever-improving school. We have two children there, and could not be happier with their teachers or the administration. The diversity, level of care, leadership, and focus on true education (not just teaching to a test) consistently impress us. If we had a choice to send our kids to any CCUSD elementary, we would absolutely choose El Rincon again. I'm honestly at a loss as to how anyone could describe El Rincon as "gone down hill," but I guess we all have our own unique experiences.

Posted September 09, 2013
El Rincon is a great school. We as parents , Grandparents, just need to stay involved in there child school and do are best to make sure the children get the Best education El Rincon has to offer. We have great teachers and Staff. Parents, Grandparents Aunts & Uncles, we may need to have coffee and chat, with are Principle to see how we can get are school back on track. Proud Parents ......:)

El Rincon Elementary School 2

Posted August 15, 2013
Maybe if CCUSD treated El Rincon like they do with Farragut things would be better. If they Put some of those resources given to Farragut to some of the other schools the district would be better balanced.

Posted October 22, 2012
This will be the 5th year we've been at El Rincon, my child is now in 4th grade and loves his teacher. El Rincon has managed to overcome all the obstacles - from inconsistent leadaership to troubling API scores, however with the support of our wonderful and dedicated teachers, our committed Principal and our hard working students El Rincon is now a school to be proud of, I salute our great teachers and thank them for their dedication and commitment to each student. Go Rockets !!!!

Posted June 06, 2012
Love El Rincon! There are so many top notch teachers and they deserve the recognition : ) My son is in the 1st grade and his teacher (Mrs. Moniz) is wonderful! The after school program is just as good because the teachers there really look after your kids and stay on top of any homework they may have. I really don't think El Rincon is getting the credit they deserve but thought I can do my part as a parent to let everyone know that my son is excelling and truly loves his teachers and friends. El Rincon is awesome!

Posted July 06, 2011
I absolutely love this school especially the after school program that my son attends, Star Education! The director Mayra V. is wonderful with all of the children and has great parent/ teacher communication.

El Rincon Elementary School 3

Posted June 26, 2011
Despite the inconsistency with Principal leadership at El Rincon, our school has consistent before and after school programs, especially the STAR program. I personally like the hands on leadership of our STAR Program Director. She is dedicated to El Rincon, works well with parents and applies herself well with the needs of the school. She is highly diverse and this quality meets the need of many parents at El Rincon. Our current site director is approachable, kind and tireless in her efforts to promote El Rincon. She is by far the best STAR site director that I have had the pleasure of leaving my child with throughout the course of the day. She deserves top marks in a great school!

El Rincon Elementary School
11177 Overland Avenue, Culver City, CA  90230
Last modified El Rincon Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
El Rincon Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 46 reviews. Top