Bad
Good

Posted December 02, 2014
After 3 years I realize just how special this school actually is. I hope middle school will be as pleasant

Posted October 08, 2014
We are very lucky to attend Farragut Elementary. This school is wonderful. I have a daughter who is emotional and everyday I was having a battle getting her into class. The principal, Rebecca Lynch saw my struggles and asked me if I wanted help. She took the time to get to know me and my child so she could make the morning a little easier. I don't know if there is another principal, in any district, who would call me throughout the day to update me on my child's emotional state. She verbally checks in with my daughter EVERYDAY (multiple times) to make sure she is happy. Her door is open anytime I feel like I need to touch base. This school has gone through many principals and for the first time, I feel we finally have one that cares about the well being of the students. Dr. Lynch used to head a special education school, so she is well educated in helping children in need of special services. When I sit in meetings with her, I feel so lucky that there is someone who is fighting for my child. This principal has so much knowledge about occupational therapy and speech therapy that she fights hard to get the children what they need. As a parent I am beyond grateful for this woman.

Posted October 06, 2014
Farragut is an amazing school, I've been involved with it for years. Parents are truly compassionate and caring and most teachers really love the kids. The one short fall is the Principal of the last two years. She doesn't seem to like kids or adults for that matter. She often looks unhappy and rarely interacts with others. When she does talk to the kids it's always to scold. In the past year and a half she's been there morale has plummeted no matter how much the parent groups tried to keep spirits up. Shocking that such a great school has the tolerance for such a terrible leader.

Posted October 02, 2014
Farragut school has one of the most advanced teaching systems. Teachers are very involved with students engagements. We started here with 1st grade and our teacher is very responsive and provide detailed analysis of our son performance. In addition to school staff, we have a great parents community. We are enjoying our work on projects like fall festival.

Posted August 23, 2014
Farragut is an awesome school with an awesome parent and teacher community! I'd give the school 5 stars if the principal weren't awful. But she is. She is condescending, grumpy, unprofessional and apathetic. I've not once seen her interact with a student in a positive way. I have heard her yell and shame students. Tragic that this amazing school has to put up with this abomination. She's only been there a year, and morale has plummeted. Surely the district will catch on soon. I hope so!

Farragut Elementary School 3

Posted August 11, 2014
Farragut elementary is great, but just watch out office of child development. They were very rude, always look angry and I always felt ignorance from most staffs. There's only one very kind lady but somehow, she's not there any longer. The office ruin reputation of the school district. They should be better for the service.

Posted March 05, 2014
I have a daughter in her second year at Farragut and have almost no complaints. I feel she's been adequately challenged, has made great friends, enjoyed both of her teachers, and is really happy with school. The facilities are a bit old and outdated and it would be nice to have a fresher/newer looking school, but I understand that budget cuts just make keeping up the schools appearance difficult. The solar panels have been a nice touch though. I don't agree with the negative reviews about the school on here. Sounds like those parents have way to high of expectations for a public school and expect the school to raise their children, which just simply doesn't happen with public education. You have to send your kid to private school for that. Farragut is a hidden gem and I am so glad I moved into Culver City for my daughter to go there.

Posted September 27, 2013
Our new principal is a great fit for Farragut. Strong, sensible, pragmatic and kind. Programs are top notch. My daughter comes home squealing about her work on the iPad during her day. As the previous poster said..."handful of PTA parents running the school". How lucky are we to have that! As a full time working parent, I think that is our gift. There are dozens, upon dozens of parents that make up the beautiful quilt that is Farragut and the parents that help to "run the school" are dedicated, smart and give up countless hours to make the school what it is today. This is the why we have amazing programs, trips, gardens, iPads, afer school, book fair, festivals. We have an abundance of good fortune at Farragut. Please know that in any school- including middle, high school, college your child is not always going to get the teacher of their choice. True lesson to be learned in it all. You get what you get and you don't get upset. The community is what is important to me and if you are looking for that, then you have come to the right place.

Posted September 26, 2013
Farragut Elementary School is an AMAZING school. We have 2 kindergartner attending this year and both teachers have been amazing. Very strong parent involvement. Farragut's Teachers, PTA, Booster club, after school emrichment programs are amazing. The Teachers at Farragut are amazing and both my kids loveeee their new teachers. We are proud Farragut Foxes!!!

Posted August 22, 2013
Farragut Elementary School is one of the best schools we have experienced. Despite our school going through more than 3 Principals, Farragut's faculty, Teachers, PTA, Booster club, after school emrichment programs have yet to dissapoint me. Being an active parent and volunteer at Farrgaut I see what goes on behind closed doors. The Teachers at Farragut have earned my husband and my respect & trust them with our daughters education, we know the cricullium that is taught at Farragut is beyond our expectations. I am proud to say our daughter attends Farraguts Elemenary school, and could not think of another elementary school we would allow her to attend.

Farragut Elementary School
10820 Farragut Drive, Culver City, CA  90230-4107
Last modified Farragut Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.