Culver City, CA
Before care: Yes

Posted April 14, 2014
Former student here. All I remember from this school were wonderful memories. At the time I was thinking beyond the unimaginable. I wanted to become a astronaut, or an archeologist. There is one teacher that I will never forget that encourage my love for dinosaurs and art. I love this school best years of my young life.

Posted October 24, 2013
Braddock Drive Elementary and Gifted Magnet is a great school with wonderful teachers. If I could improve this program, I would like a cleaner eating area and bathrooms. I would also like for the school to have a better art program. I believe that the staff here is welcoming to all new-comers in this school, as well as listening to complaints given by teacher, parents, and children. I also believe that this school is very good at answering questions. Whenever someone asks a question, someone is always quick to answer. Overall, this school is a warm facility with an amazing ability to challenge children mentally and emotionally.

Posted October 24, 2013
Two years ago, we moved our twin daughters from a private school to the Braddock Gifted Magnet. It has exceeded our expectations in pretty much every respect. The girls are in a truly diverse class with other engaged students and are being taught by teachers who are understand the demands of teaching gifted students and who are also deeply committed and compassionate. In the year and a half that they have been at Braddock, we have seen them grow both socially and academically. But perhaps the most important factor is the intangible -- they wake up in the morning excited to go to school and they come home at night excited to share their day. This is what public education was meant to be.

Posted October 24, 2013
This is a gem of a school. A caring and dedicated faculty, collaborative and responsive principal, generous and supportive parents and bright eager children. A California Distinguished School, this school has been achieving growth targets over time and across the demographic groups. I would recommend Braddock to any parent looking for a safe and effective local school. I feel more parent involvement would add much to the environment.

Posted October 08, 2013
My Son is in the Magnet part of Braddock. His grade 2 teacher is excellent and I am hoping he continues to be challenged.

Posted August 28, 2013
This is a great gifted magnet school. My child is very happy here and cannot wait to go to school everyday. Amazing parent involvement and dedicated teachers. I could not be happier!

Posted October 13, 2012
We like this School, my elder son attending this school from Pre-K and now he is in 4th grade Magnet program, my second son also started in pre-k and now he is in Kindergarten. Teachers and office staff are great and helpful. I am not aware of bullying in this school as mention by one of the parent in the previous post

Braddock Drive Elementary School 1

Posted March 05, 2012
My child was a victim of bullying at Braddock. When he went to the teachers, and I spoke with the teacher, coordinator and principal, I was told the bullying never took place, even though I saw an incident with my own eyes. My child became listless, cried all the time, and became reluctant to go to school. We finally pulled our child out and into another school, and we have our cheerful, carefree child back. One day, we passed by Braddock, and my child's face turned dark with anger. "That's my old school. They were mean to me." Shame on you, adults for not listening. http://www.greatschools.org/parenting/bullying/6317-bullying-school-movie.gs

Posted September 26, 2011
We have been fortunate to have our two children attend Braddock Gifted Magnet (this is separate from Braddock Elementary which shares the same campus but operates as a separate school). We love the small school community, rigorous academics and wonderful teachers. A recent study about the school proves just how formidable our little school is: http://projects.latimes.com/schools/magnets/cst-scores/list/ This year we are seeing an increase in class size (not happy about it) but overall the quality of the curriculum and students is wonderful. With all the LAUSD budget cuts, we hope this gem of a school in a slew of mediocre LAUSD schools continues to be a beacon of light for parents looking for a great school option. Yes families come from all over and it's not as easy to have a neighborhood environment but the classroom experience for kids is top notch and each of the 4 magnet teachers is amazing. If your child is identified as a gifted or highly gifted student, this school delivers. More info at www.friendsofbraddockmagnet.org.

Posted September 21, 2011
This school is really a good school.All the teachers are very nice.Staffs are very polite.My child loved this school very much.Neat and clean atmosphere.As a parent I like this school .My child does not want to miss the school.

Braddock Drive Elementary School
4711 Inglewood Boulevard, Culver City, CA  90230
Last modified Braddock Drive Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Braddock Drive Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 38 reviews. Top