Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (2 responses)

Amount of homework: Strongly agree

2nd graders in the magnet get ALOT of homework, but it brings them up to speed and prepares them for a rigorous 3rd grade program. The Mandarin program uses great apps like Skritter, Better Chinese, and Quizlet to practice chinese.

I have a child in the new Mandarin Immersion program and a child in the Gifted Magnet, both at Braddock. It's only been about 1 month, but I'm overall happy with our decision to be at this school. The positives: very involved parents, especially in the MI program. amazing teachers in both programs. the Principal is easy to talk to. It's rare to have a Mandarin Immersion program, and it's also rare to have a public school gifted program--and Braddock has BOTH! The drawbacks: it's LAUSD and a Title 1 school, so there are no resources for in-school enrichment programs and campus improvement. However, the parents have improved the school dramatically over the past month. I expect that it will continue to improve. No school is perfect, but I think this is a great school overall.

My son is in the Mandarin Immersion Program and enjoying it! He likes going to school and learning. He has learned so much in just a month. The teachers are amazing! Zhang Laoshi works so well with the kindergarten kids and inspires them to learn. Kids are taught to be bicultural, biliterate, and bilingual in Mandarin and English. They learn how to read and write, which is fantastic. Our English teacher, Ms. Durand is wonderful as well and board certified. And besides the standard Mandarin Immersion infrastructure from LAUSD, the program's teaching method is a big differentiator. Major reason why we chose this school, besides the Mandarin, and opting out of our very decent local school (Fairburn). My son enjoys the CGI math approach as well as the Readers/Writers Workshop for English. And the parent community is strong with great energy! Also important to note while we do speak the language at home, my son is flourishing and encouraged to speak Mandarin to his peers which will be important to keep the language alive as he grows older (rather than feeling forced to speak just to me at home and end up hating it, which many of my ABC friends have been through ). Finally, traffic is a piece of cake commuting from Westwood. In all, we love our school!

My daughter is currently in the Mandarin kindergarten program. I'm so impressed with what she has learned already in such a short amount of time! She's excelling in both languages. She used to be annoyed when I would ask her to speak Chinese and now she will sing and speak Chinese on her own! The principal is amazing and so accomodating to parents and new ideas. We live in a 10/10 school district but drive to this school and are so happy about it! For us I feel there is no greater gift to give your child a chance to learn and love another culture and language. It's really a gift for life! Also the parents and teachers in this program are awesome!!

We are fortunate enough to be part of the Mandarin program. The kids are learning in Mandarin and English, they have 2 teachers and both my kids love going to school. The Principal is awesome, thats why the school is succesful in all the 3 programs , the english, the mandarin and the magnet. They have a early program to drop off the kids before school and a valet program so if you are in a hurry you don't need to park. I love to take my boys, so I park and walk them myself ( plenty of street parking around), they have several after school programs as well, for working parents. The curriculum is also very advanced, with CGI math and balanced literacy, not every school can offer that. We are lucky to have it. Love the school and the teachers and the staff.

My son is in the new Mandarin Immersion program and he absolutely loves it. The teachers, the administrators, the principals, the parents - everyone has been incredible. Principal Lopez is a very supportive and nurturing person who loves children and she is very receptive to feedback from parents. The teachers are just fantastic - Ms. Durand and Zhang Lao Shi are both loved by all of the students. I had the opportunity to visit my son's classroom one morning and was astounded by the students' cooperativeness! Lastly, the parents have been amazing - everyone I've met has made a positive contribution in some way. We're taking strides towards beautifying and greening the campus, and just started a valet drop-off program in the mornings. This is just a terrific place, and I am very grateful for this school!

Supports LD students: Strongly agree

This school uses differentiated learning, which allow every student at every level to learn at his or her level. This is a unique approach that is not utilized everywhere - and incredibly valuable.

Develops character: Strongly disagree

Teacher shows Favortism. Unfairly discipline. Ignore kids who are not fallowing her every step. No equal

The Gifted Magnet is excellent (the low rate is for the regular school), kids are challenged at this school.

Former student here. All I remember from this school were wonderful memories. At the time I was thinking beyond the unimaginable. I wanted to become a astronaut, or an archeologist. There is one teacher that I will never forget that encourage my love for dinosaurs and art. I love this school best years of my young life.

Last modified Braddock Drive Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.