Culver City, CA

Posted October 21, 2013
My daughter is currently in kindergarten at PDR, and we couldn't be happier. This is a small neighborhood school and there is a great community feel, with lots of participation by parents and families. The principal is everything an elementary school principal should be (skilled, diplomatic, patient, caring), and the teachers are not only dedicated, but also some of the most skilled professionals I have met (and I'm a former teacher). PDR is very diverse both culturally and socio-economically, and everyone sees this as the asset that it is. I really can't say enough; I'm so glad that we moved into the neighborhood.

Posted September 23, 2013
My son is a 5th grader at PDR and we love it! Ms. Blue is an awesome principal. She's loving yet stern. The teachers are great and it's obvious that they love what they do.

Posted September 19, 2012
My child attended their pre-K program and I liked it so much that I sent my child here for elementary. All the teachers seem to be good, some are excellent. The principal is hands on and being such a small school, it fosters a true school community.

Posted June 07, 2011
I love this neighborhood school. The teachers and staff are extremely passionate and caring about their students and school. They have a community garden and lots of activities and field trips for the kids to participate in. They even have movie nights in the auditorium with free pizza where kids can wear their jammies! Parent involvement is high and we are in constant contact with the teachers. I wish she could stay at this school into high school but it only goes to grade 5 i believe.

Posted February 28, 2011
This school is soo great! I love the fact that its a very small school in comparison to most LAUSD schools. This was important to me when I chose this school last year for my daughter. The teachers and staff are very involved with the kids. I could not have picked a better place!! Forgot to mention that the parents are very involved with improving our school as well

Posted February 27, 2011
This is a fantastic school - a hidden gem in the world of big city LAUSD schools! My son is in Kinder now (we started there in Pre-K) & he (well, we) LOVE it! Wonderful, warm, supportive and respectful teachers who truly care about your child. The administration & staff are nice, friendly and very helpful. The new principal, Ms. Blue, is a wonderful addition and is involved in all aspects of the school, as well as very approachable and open to suggestions & ideas. The school welcomes parents volunteering in & outside the classroom. It is a small, close-knit community that truly cares about the kids & bettering school and the "system" all-around. Check it out for yourself!

Playa Del Rey Elementary School 4

Posted May 03, 2010

Posted March 13, 2010
Outstanding staff & Principal-since May 2008 when Ms. Pierce started, the school has become a gem! We have a child in 3rd grade and no longer look elsewhere. TWe can afford private-but why?!? This school is worth its weight in gold. Love it!!

Posted October 24, 2009
Playa just keeps getting better. Not only is this small school able to provide caring, individualized attention to students, the academics are superb. The school's API went up 76 points in one year! We love this school!

Posted September 16, 2009
My child has been part of Playa since Pre-K and is now in the 3rd grade. We have some of the most caring and qualified teachers and staff around. Our principal works closely with the parents, teachers and children to make sure that everything possible is being done to ensure a quality education and a great learning environment. Parent involvement is getting better all of the time and the kids all truly feel like they are part of the Playa family.

Playa Del Rey Elementary School
12221 Juniette Street, Culver City, CA  90230
Last modified Playa Del Rey Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Playa Del Rey Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 36 reviews. Top