Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

My daughter was at Playa Del Rey from Kinder and she just graduated from 5th grade. She had amazing teachers who were passionate about teaching, 100% committed, and hardworking. The teachers, support staff, and Ms. Blue helped her grow academically, emotionally, and socially. My daughter loved going to going to school everyday and we will miss Playa Del Rey very much.

Very competent and knowledgeable teachers, who love teaching! My daughter has been attending PDR for the past 5 years and we have had wonderful experience with the teachers, support staff, and Ms. Blue.

Develops character: Strongly agree

Yes the students are taught to treat each other with respect and fairness. I have not had any issues in this area for the past 5 years.

Develops character: Strongly disagree

Racism will not continue to win. You are accountable for your actions towards voiceless black children. Shameful.

My daughter is currently in kindergarten at PDR, and we couldn't be happier. This is a small neighborhood school and there is a great community feel, with lots of participation by parents and families. The principal is everything an elementary school principal should be (skilled, diplomatic, patient, caring), and the teachers are not only dedicated, but also some of the most skilled professionals I have met (and I'm a former teacher). PDR is very diverse both culturally and socio-economically, and everyone sees this as the asset that it is. I really can't say enough; I'm so glad that we moved into the neighborhood.

My son is a 5th grader at PDR and we love it! Ms. Blue is an awesome principal. She's loving yet stern. The teachers are great and it's obvious that they love what they do.

My child attended their pre-K program and I liked it so much that I sent my child here for elementary. All the teachers seem to be good, some are excellent. The principal is hands on and being such a small school, it fosters a true school community.

I love this neighborhood school. The teachers and staff are extremely passionate and caring about their students and school. They have a community garden and lots of activities and field trips for the kids to participate in. They even have movie nights in the auditorium with free pizza where kids can wear their jammies! Parent involvement is high and we are in constant contact with the teachers. I wish she could stay at this school into high school but it only goes to grade 5 i believe.

This school is soo great! I love the fact that its a very small school in comparison to most LAUSD schools. This was important to me when I chose this school last year for my daughter. The teachers and staff are very involved with the kids. I could not have picked a better place!! Forgot to mention that the parents are very involved with improving our school as well

This is a fantastic school - a hidden gem in the world of big city LAUSD schools! My son is in Kinder now (we started there in Pre-K) & he (well, we) LOVE it! Wonderful, warm, supportive and respectful teachers who truly care about your child. The administration & staff are nice, friendly and very helpful. The new principal, Ms. Blue, is a wonderful addition and is involved in all aspects of the school, as well as very approachable and open to suggestions & ideas. The school welcomes parents volunteering in & outside the classroom. It is a small, close-knit community that truly cares about the kids & bettering school and the "system" all-around. Check it out for yourself!

Last modified Playa Del Rey Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.