Cupertino, CA
Students enrolled: 1,034

Posted September 20, 2014
I love this school it is amazing, the cooking elective is wonderful, overall I am amazed!

Sam H. Lawson Middle School 1

Posted May 15, 2014
Our experience at Lawson has been ubstantially below expectations. We move regularly due to my job and this school has been possibly the worst our kids have been to. Academic ratings are very high, not because of superior performance from the teachers, but because most students extensively use private tutoring after school. Some teachers are good, but many are not and really don't care for the kids. We also had some bullying episods happening to our kids, which have been reported but nothing really changed. Overall, I would not recommend this school. For the money that you will spend with private tutors to compensate for the shortcomings of the teachers, you may as well send the kids to one of Catholic schools in the area, where they will be cared for properly. By the way, this is exactly what we are doing next year. Very disappointing.

Posted April 09, 2014
This is the 3rd year @ Lawson for us. Not all teachers are great; some are below average and it depends on whom you get. I guess, CORE subject teacher ( Math,Science) is much better than SS & LA teacher. Also, kid on an average spends about 3 hours on homework/project assignment etc. Lot of emphasis on wiki, blogs etc. Most of the time, parent need to catch up with the kid to manage time, concept connection etc to maintain good grades @ school. Not good school, if the kid is not super super super intelligent/smart. Its sad to see that average or above average kids can't fit in this school without parent intervention to make them successful at school. No wonder why there're so many drop outs...education is made tougher instead of eliciting motivation to students.

Sam H. Lawson Middle School 4

Posted January 20, 2014
In 7th grade now, and I've noticed they are helping us prepare for the real world. A lot of the things they are giving us, includes the use of the internet, and in real life everything is more of technology. But it really depends on which teachers you get, I was lucky enough to get some of the best teachers, but of course with any other school there are going to be those teachers who don't even seem to be helping. Last year in 6th grade the SS and LA teacher taught nothing in LA, my writing was worse than at the beginning of 6th grade. This school is great, but your child's eduction mainly depends on which teacher they get.

Posted August 09, 2013
I was a student of Sam H. Lawson Middle School. This school is truly amazing, and found a place for all the kids there. I'm noticing a trend here, where all the students give stellar reviews, and some of the parents don't give very positive ones. I can really assure you firsthand that your child will LOVE it at Lawson. Everyone makes an effort to make every kid involved, included, and happy. If you are considering enrolling your kid in the CUSD district, choose Lawson Middle School! It made my experience in middle school incredibly amazing, and I will never forget the difference this middle school made in my life.

Posted June 19, 2013
Lawson middle School! I am now currently in 7th grade finishing my 6th grade this year! Overall, I thought that this was a fantastic school! The teachers are very nice with the students! The education system is awesome! I don't think this school needs any improvements in behavior, academics etc. This school deserves a 10/10. I still don't understand, why people prefer Kennedy or Miller! Whatever it is, I think Lawson is a great middle school!!!

Posted April 11, 2013
The teacher makes 20% effort and the remaining 80% is students plus their parents. Don't be fool by the high api scores. Don't waste your money in buying a high price home in Cupertino school district. The school have nothing to do with your child's intelligence. If your child is average to below, these schools aren't going to make them any better. It is a scam to justify higher price homes and wasting your money......................................

Posted February 05, 2013
I used to go to Lawson and it is the greatest school in the world. There is a fun learning environment and was one of the best times of my life. Both teachers and students are welcoming, and the classes are not too hard. The only thing I wish I would have been taught at Lawson is time management and how to handle the heavy workloads in high school. My writing skills were unsatisfactory as I entered 9th grade, and I think Lawson should focus more on this issue. In addition, I don't feel like I had enough homework in Lawson. Teachers should give more homework in order to prepare students for high school. Overall Lawson is a great school, but a focus on time management and test taking skills would complete a student's middle school education.

Posted January 30, 2013
Teachers never responded when we have a questions. My daughter tried to contact her counseller and she didn't succeed to get proper response from any of the staff members. Not sure how this school is rated 10?

Posted September 01, 2012
Truly, no one can give a better review than a student. Coming from Lawson, I'll tell you that a school can't get any better. Everyone's friendly, fun, and great at teaching, so don't hesitate to get to know them. They get you mentally, physically, and of course academically prepared for the world. They show you that everything will be okay. The best type of schools are ones you can talk about forever and will remember forever. And I will NEVER EVER forget Lawson :)

Sam H. Lawson Middle School
10401 Vista Drive, Cupertino, CA  95014
Last modified Sam H. Lawson Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Sam H. Lawson Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 66 reviews. Top