Champion School

Private | K-12 | 200 students

We are best known for child centered approach.

Student diversity

Special education

The school has not provided this information yet.

Living in Cupertino

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $900,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $2,160.

Sweep tile

Posted December 3, 2013

Both our kids have been going to Champion for several years now Pros Children are happy & well-adjusted socially Children are years ahead in academics compared to both public & private school peers, without either kids or parents feeling any pressure Staff is caring & involved; principal knows personal progress of each kid PE 5 days/wk & good quality musical programs 2/yr Customer service has improved steadily over last 3 years (accounting, email response, access to principal s office, etc) Cons While school is upfront on what aspects are their strengths & what are not, message comes across with a certain degree of nonchalance. When any parents brings up any issue, rather than being a good listener they tend to get defensive & highlight school strengths School doesn t effectively leverage willing & satisfied parents to be their advocates which could address several issues stated above to a certain extent To grow faster, school needs to do more to attract & retain students, upgrade to bigger campus etc. For us will be a big factor to continuing our kids beyond elementary grades

Posted October 19, 2013

Both my kids have been going to champion school since they were three years old and i have nothing but praise and appreciation for the school and the staff. I distinctly remember the efforts put by the staff at the school to get my son up to speed when he had retuned back to the school after being away for a few months, all without any request from my side and at no extra charge. Even today ,the staff takes a lot of effort including one - on -ones with kids who seem to lag behind a bit , to get them up to speed ( especially true in case of children who transfer over from other schools and are unable to keep with up with the academic standards in the school ). I am amazed at the level of accomplishments my kids have attained for their age at this school and i can only credit the school staff for their effort. To say that the school is only academically focussed is an understatement.There is a focus on training the kids in soccer and basketball to ensure all round development of the kids. With most academic tasks managed by the school there is ample time for the kids to pursue other activities once they are home I can confidently say , i am a proud parent of TWO CHAMPIONS

Posted October 6, 2013

Amazing school. My child has learned leaps and bounds compared to what he used to learn at Stratford.

Posted August 11, 2013

I am very happy with Champion school. When it comes to academics, they are second to none. In just 1 year, my child's progress is equivalent to what he would have taken 2-3 years to learn at his previous school. They have provided my son with an amazing amount of extra help. To say that we are grateful, would be an understatement. When it comes to dealing with genuine issues with my child, the administration has always been extremely responsive. We highly recommend Champion.

Posted March 5, 2013

Champion school's academic standard is very advanced yet not overwhelmingly demanding, unlike some other private schools where parents are required to spend their evenings preparing their child for the next day! As a 3rd grader, our child brings in only one sheet of homework every week. Most of the learning happens in school and that leaves us with plenty of time to bond and make memories with our child. Our son has been progressing in Math and language skills tremendously. He is already doing Algebra 1/2 and is not a bit overwhelmed. The school spends a lot of their resources on providing one on ones to children who show interest in promoting their skills. Their environment fosters growth and learning without being overly pushy. We would recommend this school to anyone in a heartbeat.

Posted February 23, 2013

We are deeply grateful for everything this school has done for our 8th grader. Our child started here in fifth grade. Management is very caring, responsive and always gives us time if we have a concern. Our son is now much better in many many ways. In Academics, sports, debate, languages and essay writing. Some days they ask the child to spend extra time at school with teachers when attention is needed in a subject or just for home work. They even give children practice for high school placement tests. When they say majority of the work in school, they truly mean it. We wouldn't want it any other way. After spending fours years here, our child is self sufficient, which is vital when a child goes to high school. They have excellent teachers for the demanding curriculum. As an example, our son studied lower level math at his previous school. But now, he comfortably handles Algebra 2 /Trig. We highly recommend this school.

Posted February 20, 2013

I've been a long term parent of this school. Like others mentioned, there's a big difference in the administration of this school vs others. But you get used to it. Admin & Infrastructure are not comparable but academics is super advanced. If you want your kids to be ahead of their grades by a couple of grades or more, this is the school.

Posted January 28, 2013

I am puzzled by the management of this school. They do the easy things not well but do the difficult things extremely well. They are great at teaching and caring for kids but not so at office interface. For the first 1-2 months of our experience at Champion, my wife wanted to pull our son out. We stuck around because our friend's experience, who also attended Champion was extremely positive. We can afford to go to school but we chose this based on our friend's recommendation. They need to improve some of their communication and front office processes. Once we met the Principal, we realized that they had communicated their policies and procedures at the parent orientation and expected us to follow them. Our bad, we had missed this session. Now that we understand their procedures, my wife is quite satisfied with the school. What we loved about the school from virtually the very first day was how much our son was learning. Amazing progress in just 5 months. As I said, They are great at teaching kids but not so at office work.

Posted January 23, 2013

Like any school this school has its pros and cons. In my humble opinion, with all its cons, the pros outweigh the cons by a ton. In a nutshell, our child is 1-2 grade levels ahead of his peers from his previous school, which btw, is considered to be the most challenging school in the Bay Area. I know they are very focused on results. They recently let go of an under-performing teacher mid year. Initially, I and other parents were a bit anxious but what the children have been learning sine then is very satisfactory. The level of personal involvement of the principal is commendable. She is in my child's classroom every day at least 2-3 times a day. We really appreciate her personal involvement. That, i believe makes all the difference. Like any school they have their weaknesses. They could be a bit more patient with difficult parents. They are bound to run into difficult, even obnoxious people, they need to learn to handle such situations better. I would advise them to hire customer service specialists. Warts and all, this is a great school which produces outstanding outcomes for kids and families.
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted January 19, 2013

I have been a Champion School parent for quite a few years now. The progress that my child makes at Champion, year in and year out is just outstanding. Do you know of any other school where a 1st grader can master fractional additions and subtractions or a 3rd grader can master Pre-Algebra without having to do much homework? All you have to do is to compare, you will be shocked at how advanced Champion School students are. What is even more valuable to me as a parent is that they achieve this without much homework and lots of fun/developmental activities in school. Champion's curriculum, teaching methods and all the extra-help they provide to students simply has no parallel. I am disheartened that some malicious people are slandering this wonderful school. There is bound to be a percentage of any population that lacks integrity or has genuinely serious disagreements with the school. Heck, there are people who disagree with the Ten Commandments. This school is for parents who have high but realistic expectations and are looking for authentic interactions and longer-term relationship with the school. I can't thank the school enough for what they are doing for my child.

Posted November 2, 2012

My kid now goes to the school, so my comments are for constructive purpose and not hard critiques. Like many said here I like their academic effort, but I am astonished by how they run the business. Unstandably, private school will not be same as public school, but it seems the management is running a profitable business. I definitely underestimated the value of school infrastucture and overlall growth when I moved my kid to this school. Other than that, if I have one suggestion to make to school that will be - they really need to be a little friendly to parents - I have only seen either ignoring or fighting with parents.

Posted August 22, 2012

Unbelievable: I just couldn't believe it when I got a message from the school asking me if my son could come to school for 3 hours a day for 1on1 help for the next few weeks during the summer. That was before my son had even started attending middle school and it was free. That's right, free. They wanted to make sure that my son would adjust quickly. If what I experienced during the summer is even a small reflection of what they are like during the regular school year, I am very very pleased and impressed with their focus on helping kids proactively.

Posted May 27, 2012

We have been parents at the school for 2 years. The best things we like about this school in priority order: 1. our child's happiness, 2. unbelievable amounts of 1on1 help, 3. amazing academic progress, 4. active participation of principal in my child's life at school, 5. soccer, 6. computer literacy, 7. winter and spring musical performances, 8. Mandarin, 9. public speaking, 10.the talent show, 11. the other parents/families, 12. size - not too small and not too big The things that could be better: 1. tuition is never deposited on time and sometimes 2-3 checks are deposited simultaneously, 2. the facilities are not as updated and modern as public schools. 3. karate and piano lessons in the after school program. All in all, we are very happy with the school.

Posted May 24, 2012

What does one want in a school? Great education. Even the reviewers who slam the school acknowlegde that Champion provides excellent academics and provides kids with 1on1 help. To my knowledge, no other school does that without charging for those 1on1s, sometimes at the rate $60 - $100 per hour and Champion does that for free as a part of their tuition. One would think that their tuition would be even higher than Harker's. No, their tuition is one of the lowest in Silicon Valley and probably have the best teacher to student and teacher to overhead ratios. You know what, I wouldn't have it any other way for my hard earned money. Have you looked at the amazing skills of Champion students -- look at the hard comparative assessment data that they have posted openly for their own parents to scrutinize and critique. Champion students are 1-2 grade levels more advanced compared to any other high end private school in the valley and this is without much homework. Parents shouldn't just believe me or any of these reviews. They should visit the school and ask them to prove it and find some friennds who go to Champion for feedback or ask for references. Good Luck.

Posted April 28, 2012

My daughter is now in her third year at Champion School (2 year, 3 year, now pre-K). During these years we have observed tremendous progress, both academically and socially. We are very happy with the well rounded academic program (verbal, reading, analytical/math and social skills) at Champion school. We also really appreciate the 1-1 instruction that helped my kid, both, to reach her potential while raising her level of curiosity and enthusiasm to master new things. We are very happy with Champion school and would highly recommend this school to anyone. - The Bhamidipati family

Posted April 7, 2012

We transferred from another private school at the start of the current school year based on a recommendation from a close friend whose daughter had been going for the previous couple of years. We were reluctant to join because the academic assessment showed that a significant gap existed between Champion and our previous school. After not quite a full year, I acknowledge that Champion has invested a lot into my child and my child's abilities have improved significantly. One thing that did take a bit of getting used to was grading. My child was not getting all As as he used to in the previous school. Now, I am actually more appreciative that there is no grade inflation here. It gives me a better perspective on how well my child is mastering the concepts. I must confess my original intent was to have my child join Champion for 1 year of remedial catch up and try to gain admission at Harker. Now, I feel guilty even thinking about it after they have invested so much into my child. I would recommend Champion to any parent. Particularly, if your child is gifted, no other school can support and challenge your child like Champion.

Posted March 7, 2012

My daughter has been in this school for two years now. She started in 3rd grade last year. We moved her from public school because she was highly accelerated/gifted in some areas. We did not want her to skip a grade due to emotional relationship with kids her age, but we wanted her to be challenged more. Champion school is the only school in silicon valley that I've looked at which allows her to be at her grade level, yet allows her to accelerate and work on any grade that her ability allows. Their flexibility, along with 1-1 attention and focus on the child's ability rather than boxed curriculum makes Champion the best choice for my child. At 4th grade she excels in math, programming, literature, science, and looks forward to going to school each day. I only wish that the strength was a big higher in the higher grades. A definitely different school from the rest, for a fraction of the cost!

Posted January 15, 2012

I have had my child at Champion for more than 2 years. I find the Principal to be the most involved and the most informed principal you can find. She is there talking to parents every single day. I can talk to her or visit the class any time. They do have a protocol that they are open about: Sign in at the office before you visit and don't disturb the class for long. What's wrong with that? I, as a parent don't want other parents to linger in the classroom either, influencing the teachers in a manner that is not fair to my child. Their visitation policy is in their handbook. They have tons of school parties where all the teachers abd parents are present and we get to know each other well. Let me tell you that this school is imperfect, but on balance they are very honest about what they are good at and what they are not. They are just great when it comes to the kids, particularly caring, academic stuff and 1on1 help. I think every parent should ask them about their policies that matter to them before enrolling.

Posted January 13, 2012

It's a worst school for per-schooler or kindergartener & parents. Totally no access to teacher and classroom and classmates & their parents. You have no idea what's going on in the school at all.

Posted December 13, 2011

My older one is in 2nd grade and the younger one is in KG. Both of them have been going to Champion School from the time they were three years old. Long story short, we are very happy with the overall development and growth in terms of academics and social skills. We can say with confidence that this school over delivers on the promises or claims of academic excellence, 1-on-1s and building fundamental skills like self-confidence, critical thinking and leadership qualities. We specifically want to call out the principal of this school my hats off to her for coming up with such a wonderful program that is customized to each child. She seems to not only know every child in the school, but she also keep track of their progress and drives the needed improvements or acceleration to the next level, academically. Last year, we put our older one into one Cupertino s Best Public School. Just after one year, we put her back into Champion. In my mind there was just no comparison in any metric you choose. We basically decided to invest in our children s future by sending them to Champion. Go Champion School !!

Language learning

Foreign languages taught
  • Chinese (Mandarin)
  • Spanish

School start time
  • 8:30
School end time
  • 3pm
Before school or after school care / program onsite
  • After school

• Spanish

School culture

Dress Code
  • Uniforms

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

10430 Mann Drive