Cupertino, CA

Posted June 12, 2014
Unsatisfactory from day one. Not seen such a polarized set of parents for a school, where on one hand, some like it to the most extent while others can't even stand it. My child have had horrible experience and yes, I do not buy that a elementary school teacher needs to be so hard on kids even if the school is so called known for academics. Principal is great (which is why the school gets its only star from me): understanding and yet passionate about students. Teachers are ineffective: most of the sections (irrespective of grade) did not complete their Math and English books that left them way behind in the star testing. Some kids who go to Kumon or RSM may find it easier though. Grading is always skewed and highly dependent whether the teacher 'likes' your kid or how your kid looks, and not on merit. If you're on the good side of the teacher, yes, you will like the school, but if not, you'll have a terrible time. Watch out for the report card comments - they can easily break your child's morale. Do not tell me that your child's school is so good in academics that justifies 9 goal defeats in inter-school soccer. It only shows that they work only on studies and learn nothing else.

Posted April 29, 2014
I am a parent. Let me explain 3 things that make this school great. so it helps make right choices for their kids. 1. Great teachers. Why? My kid's teacher, turns out, is a role model to my kid. My kid admitted this personally. I was surprised! Who else can be the best judge then the kids themselves? 2. Great staff Why? Very responsive. Address matters effectively. 3. Great principal. Why? Addresses matters very effectively. Very caring and bonding. And additionally here's something to think about 1. Being effective means following rules. 2. Sometimes teachers can chide parents. But don't we deserve to be chided as well? 3. Sometimes they are "hard" on kids. But hard does not mean physically or rude. Just "No" means "No" kind of discipline. 4. For those who are concerned of "diversity." - Frankly , just apply for lottery. Kids don't discriminate positively or negatively (frankly term diversity is nothing put positive style of discrimination) 5. Games, extra activities. They maintain the balance or at least have programs just to accomplish all that stuff. 6 PTA - very active

Posted April 11, 2014
Great School! Extremely hard working teachers and staff. I've never come across such dedicated teachers who give their best to bring out the best in our kids. I am glad my kids are in such good hands:))

Posted April 10, 2014
My kid is in 3rd Grade...so far I think the school is great...yes , there is lots of concentration on studies and homework, the parents also have to work hard. But we are ok with it , atleast so far. If you do not want your kid to work too hard for elementery (everyone has thier own openion and I respect that) then this is a deinite no no... BTW ...I think the front office staff is great, there are times they are a little not so polite...but then hey...deal with 100s of kids and imagine ur state of mind..also do u know how the parents deal with them ? are they polite with them? I doubt all parents are polite... Anyways we love the school....

Posted March 06, 2014
This school has teachers who put unnecessary burden on students. Some parents may like this school but if your child is jovial, social, fun-loving and not necessarily a bookworm in his early days, this school is certainly not for you. We continued here for a few years hoping it will get better the next year, but apart from one year, we were highly disappointment. The teachers will often form an opinion of your child in the first few days of the school year and then treat the child differentially through the rest of the year. Whats worse is that the teacher will often peer compare kids and cite example of well-performing kids to the ones they don't like. My child has been a fun-loving, great hands on guy, with lot of interest in studies as well as in many extra-curricular stuff (sports, drawing, chess). He is probably not so much well organized, may be little slow in math, etc. One cannot even imagine how his morale was put to feet when he was openly compared with others as his teacher did not like his science project. Overall, I'd suggest parents to stay away if you care for your child's most precious time of life. Star Test results do not matter. Eaton, Colins are all much better.

Posted August 29, 2013
Its a great school for not only academics but also for arts, music, and PE. Teachers are doing a great job and we love it!

Posted May 08, 2013
Excellent school. Great Academics programs and qualified teachers. They do a really good job of coaching in Grade 4 and Grade 5. I would highly recommend this school.

William Faria Elementary School 4

Posted November 07, 2012
The front office ladies appeared to be ok to me even though I can sense their politeness is not by their nature. They might have read comments here and behaved a little better afterwards. The old lady in the kitchen is so rude. I saw students shocked at how she talked and interacted with others. I was appalled, too. I wonder how they could role-model to their students on how to treat other human beings with decency. The principle talked about educating students with politeness. How could they if someone like that is setting up an example?

William Faria Elementary School 4

Posted November 04, 2011
I agree . School is great but Worst part is the front office staff..they are very very unfriendly.. and not professional.

Posted June 05, 2011
I can say same feeling as below comment. Nothing great in school.They are depending on kids progress.

William Faria Elementary School
10155 Barbara Lane, Cupertino, CA  95014
Last modified William Faria Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
William Faria Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 78 reviews. Top