709 students|Cupertino Union

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Not enough (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very ineffective (1 response)

Garden Gate Elementary School 1

Posted June 08, 2016
Moved from different state where school had excellent infrastructure. Compared to, this schools infrastructure made it look like a third world country school. No boundaries or gates for secrurity. PTA was pretty bad. Seems like all kids are from neighbouring appt complex where everyone is on temporary visa and it seems they don't care about participating or the PTA. To make the matter worse, my kids class assigend teacher was absent for the entire year (first was on maternity leave and then for some medical reasons). So the class ran for the entire year with two substitue teachers taking turns and the kids literally being on their own. We never got a single note from his class as to what's going on in his class and whats expected from him/us. So much for the famed Cupertino school with a 10 rating for which we pay million+ dollars to buy a home in the area.

Teacher effectiveness: Very ineffective

Posted June 08, 2016
The main teacher was always on leave (first on maternity and then for some medical reasons) and the two sub teachers took turns for the entire year. imagine how effective that setup is going to be.

Amount of homework: Not enough

Posted June 08, 2016
We saw very little homework coming home as compared to other schools my son used to go.

Develops honesty: Disagree

Posted June 08, 2016
Saw no signs sof any teachings coming from school. Had no clue what was going on even though we believe we take active interest in knowings what our kids are learning.

Develops empathy: Disagree

Posted August 02, 2015
Some of the teachers are bad-- cannot teach , very mean and extremely rude and uncooperative! They are very partial .

Garden Gate Elementary School 4

Posted July 06, 2015
We moved to Cupertino 3 years back. My daughter has attended KG and 1st grade in garden gate school. There are some great teachers in the school like Mrs. Ornales (1st grade teacher). She is very patient, caring and focuses on individual kids. I know few parents who are not happy with their kids's teacher. It all depends on if your kids gets placed in good teacher's class. Parent's involvement also matters. Parent at this school are very involved with kids hence the API score. Overall I believe this is good school.

Posted August 25, 2013
wonderful school in Cupertino. my child loves his school very much. teachers are very very good

Posted August 22, 2013
One of the best in Cupertino. My kid likes to go there (which is more important for me)

Garden Gate Elementary School 4

Posted July 09, 2013
I came here for kindergarten in maybe 2004, I believe, but I moved out of the city for the rest of my elementary years and now I'm going to high school. I had Mrs. Valentine and I absolutely loved her! I had great friends over there and I liked the school itself. I don't know if its the same anymore because its been almost 10 years since I was there but from my experience, I liked it very much.

Posted April 02, 2013
I would like to address the concern about the Happily After School Theater performance. We had over 100 applicants. We could pick only 30. There is some concern that the selection is not anonymous. I assure you it is. I know for certain, that of the 11 classrooms, two classrooms for sure had children who did not have parents who volunteered at all!!!! I am sorry if you had a child who did not get in. Our rule is to take all 5th grade applicants so that everyone gets an chance.

10500 Ann Arbor Avenue, Cupertino, CA  95014-1661
Last modified Garden Gate Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.