766 students|Cupertino Union

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

Garden Gate Elementary School
Develops empathy: Disagree

Posted August 02, 2015
Some of the teachers are bad-- cannot teach , very mean and extremely rude and uncooperative! They are very partial .

Garden Gate Elementary School 4

Posted July 06, 2015
We moved to Cupertino 3 years back. My daughter has attended KG and 1st grade in garden gate school. There are some great teachers in the school like Mrs. Ornales (1st grade teacher). She is very patient, caring and focuses on individual kids. I know few parents who are not happy with their kids's teacher. It all depends on if your kids gets placed in good teacher's class. Parent's involvement also matters. Parent at this school are very involved with kids hence the API score. Overall I believe this is good school.

Posted August 25, 2013
wonderful school in Cupertino. my child loves his school very much. teachers are very very good

Posted August 22, 2013
One of the best in Cupertino. My kid likes to go there (which is more important for me)

Garden Gate Elementary School 4

Posted July 09, 2013
I came here for kindergarten in maybe 2004, I believe, but I moved out of the city for the rest of my elementary years and now I'm going to high school. I had Mrs. Valentine and I absolutely loved her! I had great friends over there and I liked the school itself. I don't know if its the same anymore because its been almost 10 years since I was there but from my experience, I liked it very much.

Posted April 02, 2013
I would like to address the concern about the Happily After School Theater performance. We had over 100 applicants. We could pick only 30. There is some concern that the selection is not anonymous. I assure you it is. I know for certain, that of the 11 classrooms, two classrooms for sure had children who did not have parents who volunteered at all!!!! I am sorry if you had a child who did not get in. Our rule is to take all 5th grade applicants so that everyone gets an chance.

Garden Gate Elementary School 2

Posted April 01, 2013
As a parent I am satisfied with my kid accadamic perforformance and teacher because fortunately this year my kid get areally very good teacher, but I am worried about next year. Committed Parents volunteering is really good support for school but so much volunteer involment effect the equal opportunity for every kid especially in extra curricular activity eg. most of the volunteer kids get selected for theater despite of lottery system. Some of the long term volunteer parent take decision behalf of you that you are available or not certain activity.

Garden Gate Elementary School 1

Posted March 22, 2013
My family moved here from a neighboring state, and to say the least I am extremely disappointed in the treatment I received at , garden gate elementary school, by teh district and the Vice Principal as well as the district policies. The alliances that are formed appear to be anti child friendly and anti family orientated. When the school district is informed of a child cronic disease that keeps them absent more then 7 times in one year they state the child is out of policy(Even though their academic success is excellent and above standards) due to funding they wont get becasue the child is sick.. It is very disappointing. The Vice principal at the school encourages parents to not have an interest in supplying what is neccessary to excuse the absences by advising parents it is not neccessary to provide any information to them to excuse the absence after they say the child is out of policy. As a loving parent it is important to me that my child is in policy. Garden gates current Vice Principal does the opposite of advising parents that absnece needs to be cleared so the child is not counted as truant.

Garden Gate Elementary School 2

Posted February 04, 2013
All classrooms for a grade do not seem to follow same homework packets.All Classrooms for a grade teach diff chapters and are not in sync mostly. Kids are not allowed to take their Math/Science text books home unlike other schools . Parents do not know what chapters are there in store for the year..whether teacher is finishing all chapters for the year. Last yr one of the teachers in 3rd grade rushed up the other chapters like dvision, fractions, probabilty in the last 1.5 month..spent most of the yr teaching multiplication. For a few years we have been getting the CA Math homework ,classwork books home at the end of the yr with a some pages torn out of it and worked during the yr. What is the use of giving that book home at the end of the yr ? Parents go in search of extra books, extra classes, register online for various math sites for the child to practice despite 4 Math books provided per child and GG gets the API. Last year in apr, his classroom had not done fractions, measurements, probability .For the last couple of months his teacher has been giving only 1 ..rarely 2 sheets of math for the whole week. Cupertino schools are a hype!! Principal was sent this mail..no reply :(

Posted July 31, 2012
Excellent school and teachers. Parent participation provides support for any gaps that might exist. My child has been going to this school for the past 2 years and we have been fortunate to have really good teachers who go above and beyond. I regularly volunteer at the school so it is easy to stay informed with the school activities and better understand how your child is performing. The teachers are easy to approach and pretty responsive even when contacted via emails.

Garden Gate Elementary School
10500 Ann Arbor Avenue, Cupertino, CA  95014-1661
Last modified Garden Gate Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.