Cupertino, CA

Posted August 25, 2013
wonderful school in Cupertino. my child loves his school very much. teachers are very very good

Posted August 22, 2013
One of the best in Cupertino. My kid likes to go there (which is more important for me)

Garden Gate Elementary School 4

Posted July 09, 2013
I came here for kindergarten in maybe 2004, I believe, but I moved out of the city for the rest of my elementary years and now I'm going to high school. I had Mrs. Valentine and I absolutely loved her! I had great friends over there and I liked the school itself. I don't know if its the same anymore because its been almost 10 years since I was there but from my experience, I liked it very much.

Garden Gate Elementary School 2

Posted April 01, 2013
As a parent I am satisfied with my kid accadamic perforformance and teacher because fortunately this year my kid get areally very good teacher, but I am worried about next year. Committed Parents volunteering is really good support for school but so much volunteer involment effect the equal opportunity for every kid especially in extra curricular activity eg. most of the volunteer kids get selected for theater despite of lottery system. Some of the long term volunteer parent take decision behalf of you that you are available or not certain activity.

Garden Gate Elementary School 2

Posted February 04, 2013
All classrooms for a grade do not seem to follow same homework packets.All Classrooms for a grade teach diff chapters and are not in sync mostly. Kids are not allowed to take their Math/Science text books home unlike other schools . Parents do not know what chapters are there in store for the year..whether teacher is finishing all chapters for the year. Last yr one of the teachers in 3rd grade rushed up the other chapters like dvision, fractions, probabilty in the last 1.5 month..spent most of the yr teaching multiplication. For a few years we have been getting the CA Math homework ,classwork books home at the end of the yr with a some pages torn out of it and worked during the yr. What is the use of giving that book home at the end of the yr ? Parents go in search of extra books, extra classes, register online for various math sites for the child to practice despite 4 Math books provided per child and GG gets the API. Last year in apr, his classroom had not done fractions, measurements, probability .For the last couple of months his teacher has been giving only 1 ..rarely 2 sheets of math for the whole week. Cupertino schools are a hype!! Principal was sent this mail..no reply :(

Posted July 31, 2012
Excellent school and teachers. Parent participation provides support for any gaps that might exist. My child has been going to this school for the past 2 years and we have been fortunate to have really good teachers who go above and beyond. I regularly volunteer at the school so it is easy to stay informed with the school activities and better understand how your child is performing. The teachers are easy to approach and pretty responsive even when contacted via emails.

Posted July 31, 2012
I am as a parent very satisfied with this school. The teachers take that extra effort to make sure all kids are at grade level. I regularly volunteer and have seen the teachers up close. They not only help academically but also take time to help students with art,sports and theater. As in any school there will be very good and media ore teachers but this school stands out for its great teachers on whole and very good and committed volunteers. Kids from this school are definitely instilled good manners which is way more important than only academics. They also have a wonderful music program. On the whole it is a school with a lot of happy kids who love to go tot school.

Garden Gate Elementary School 3

Posted March 28, 2012
I think the school in cupertino are over rated, and so is Garden Gate. So the only real beneficiaries are the home owners renting their houses or the apartment communities who charge a premium due to cupertino school district. What matters is how good a teach your kid gets, Our son has been going to Garden gate for the past 3 years - All of the 3 years we were not fortunate to see good teacher, the teachers were average and one was really below average. The only thing positive is that the Parent involvement is very high, so many gaps in school activities are fulfilled by volunteering parents. The education system in california is really broken, the school infrastructure is pathetic.

Posted October 29, 2011
As a teacher at Garden Gate, I have to say that I love our school, our kids, and our parent community because I feel that we all work together to make our school wonderful. I love coming to school everyday because I work with a group of teachers who give their all for the amazing students they work with each and every day. Have a wonderful day!

Garden Gate Elementary School 1

Posted October 24, 2011
This is a school where parents did a lot of efforts in helping their kids to achieve, not the teachers. There were other families we know complaining about the teachers.

Garden Gate Elementary School
10500 Ann Arbor Avenue, Cupertino, CA  95014
Last modified Garden Gate Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Garden Gate Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 74 reviews. Top