987 students|Cupertino Union

Bad
Good

Posted March 12, 2015
Have 2 kids at Hyde (our second year in the school). One was a transfer (into 7th Grade) from an expensive Middle School in Palo Alto, the other entered 6th grade from elementary. Hyde has turned out to be an excellent option in every way for our kids. The school really prepares them well for high school - in all facets - academics, organization, prep for tests and test taking etc. The teachers are all kind and helpful to the students. The is a great set of electives and the school really tries hard to match students to electives they are interested in. Have not heard of any bullying in the school. We are very pleased with Hyde Middle School and very happy our kids are here !

Posted March 10, 2015
Saying this as a student's point of view, Hyde is a really great school. I am in 8th grade and the teachers are super helpful with the things I don't understand. PE might be tough sometimes, but it really helps you get in shape. Most of all, there is barely any bullying that happens in this school, and the students you expect to be mean and unapproachable are actually the first people that talk to you. Hyde isn't the richest school in the Cupertino School District, but in their own way, they try to make it fun and enjoyable. We also have a elective called Leadership which is one of my classes, and our class create fun activites to do during brunch and lunch for the students like carnivals, and playing games to win prizes!

Posted October 23, 2014
My son is in his second year at Hyde Middle School. Been a great experience for him so far and he is happy and thriving there with all As and participating in Hyde sports. Teachers and staff have been friendly, helpful and willing to communicate about progress and answer questions. I think there was a bit of a learning curve in 2013 with some teachers learning Aeries grading portal but this year not an issue and all of my son's teachers seem to be keeping it current. I am loving the Edmodo app for tracking homework, so easy and useful. Students at this school, at least the one's my son is friends with all seem "normal", good students and friendly, as well as their parents. No bullying that I have heard of. I feel my son is safe, happy and doing well at Hyde.

Posted June 18, 2014
This school seems pretty good. I don't understand why people always have negative thoughts of Hyde. My daughter really enjoys this school, and she always has a happy face when she comes home. PE is very active and good for your health, band seems very fun too. My daughter plays the flute, and she plays very well now. The band teacher is very professional... Hyde is a good school. At Hyde, there is not a lot of pressure, such as Kennedy (where my son went to). I recommend you to go to this school. The teachers are super helpful too. And this school is an anti bullying school. Every month, they have something called No one eats Alone, where people can make new friends. Unlike many schools, they don't have this sort of event. I hope you come to this school, you won't regret it. It's very easy at Hyde. When my son moved here from Kennedy, he had so many friends on the first day!

Posted January 20, 2014
Hyde is a really good school. The students that go there are nice and understanding, you'll be able to make friends easily. But this is based off of my option, Check out Hyde and see. This place offers many different electives and I've heard they have language classes they don't hold during school over the weekend.

Posted November 08, 2013
Hyde Middle School has a great environment for the students. Teachers really care for each student and provide support and assistance when needed. They have wonderful Elective courses such as Metalshop, woodshop, Multimedia, Cooking, sewing and more. My kids met great friends, people are very nice and helpful. Their band program is really good. Great after-school activities. Teachers are very supportive and down-to-earth. They offer a wonderful trip for 8th graders to Yosemite that has great impact on students learning.

Warren E. Hyde Middle School 4

Posted October 08, 2013
good school in the area, On Back to school day, I got a chance to visit the school and meet teachers.... was impressed with approach towards students,,, Liked the Computer lab very much...

Posted October 08, 2013
Great school. Lot of focus on sports and band. Great subject teachers!My son Is learning a lot in the fun way. He does not want to miss any day of school.

Posted September 05, 2013
this is the best school I have ever been to. The teachers are so great. They teach so well and are so sweet. There are literally no mean kids at all. You will make friends in your 1st period class. The lunches are great. There are no gross and old lunches and they have the best snacks ever and its super cheap. They have no uniforms so you can wear what ever you want. The kids are just so nice and the teachers are the best. If you have second thoughts about this school, don't, because you wont regret going here. I was a student at this school, but I moved and I miss this school so much.

Posted October 12, 2012
Hyde middle school is a comforting school which I think is the best middle school. Don't judge the score judge the school they have great after class math olympiads

Warren E. Hyde Middle School
19325 Bollinger Road, Cupertino, CA  95014-4657
Last modified Warren E. Hyde Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.