Posted June 09, 2014
Sedgwick USED to be a decent school. The main problem is the poor quality of teachers. Out all of my child's elementary school years, she had been put in a classroom with such bad teachers, year after year. I honestly wondered if they knew what they were doing half the time. Many times I feel like the teachers are really lazy. I visited my child's class one day and shocked by the way the teacher was treating one of her students. It resulted in the child going outside and crying. My child also receives unfair and biased treatment. My child is not perfect, but when there were problems, the administrative staff only listened to one side of the situations. Even after it was proven that my child was innocent, I never even heard one single apology from the student, teacher, and staffs. Also, teachers are there to set a good example for students. When they say something or promise the child something, that promise should be kept. Never has my child been so disappointed when that promise was broken. I really think the district should come in and set Sedgwick straight again. Incredibly disappointed in the teachers selection and administrative staffs.

Posted May 31, 2014
I had two kids attend this school. When my first daughter went, I thought that it was a great school. However, when my younger child attended, it seemed that the school's quality from teachers, to staff, to basically everything downgraded quite a lot. Maybe my child was unlucky and received the not so good teachers, but still quite upset with how the school treats my child. Overall, I am quite disappointed with the staff of this school, especially my child's past teachers. He/She is now a fifth grader and I honestly can't wait for them to get out of this school. Sometimes it seems like the staff looks down on my child and a lot of the times favor other students. Again, I am glad I have no more kids to put in this school. The quality of Sedgwick has gone way down the drain.

Posted October 28, 2013
I have four kids, three are older and in college and high school. My youngest just started kindergarten here and I am happy to know that most of the teachers are still here. The school/teachers does a great job creating a fun and creative way of teaching that instills the importance of learning. Compared to the other schools in the area, I am happy to know that the children are not stressed out or pushed into the 3 R's without the joys. My older kids enjoyed going to school everyday and even going to school after school for the social activities such as Ice Cream Social, Reading Nite, Movie Nite and going to the Scholastic Book booth. They created a great foundation for the love of learning and reading that prepared them for junior high, high school and college. I am glad that my youngest is enrolled here and look forward to a new/old experience at Sedgwick. PS. I could not list all the names of the caring teachers, the list would be long but a couple of them stands out Miss Choi, Ms. Gubler, Ms. Lin and Miss Yamamoto.

Posted August 22, 2013
my son studies here , i am very happy the way teachers teach and work on kids.

D. J. Sedgwick Elementary School 4

Posted August 14, 2013
My daughter has been going to this school for a year now and we really liked her 2nd grade teacher. She was very kind, caring and had a great attitude with the children. I volunteered almost every week and was very to see my girl enjoy learning.

D. J. Sedgwick Elementary School 3

Posted July 18, 2013
I have to agree with lot of parents that the front office is very snooty. The teacher are not at all accommodating ...u will meet them once a year. But I have to say overall the school is good.The environment is very positive for kids.they enforce discipline in kids.

Posted February 15, 2013
I agree with the posting about mean staff at Sedgwick. Tracy never puts a smile on her face and I have come to the office multiple times for multiple reasons. NEVER SMILE! The new principal provides poor leadership and ruins the good reputation for Sedgwick. I moved to Sedgwick this year because of the good rating but have been very disappointed at the adminstration and quality of teachers. Our family will definitely move to a another school next school year!

Posted February 06, 2013
I'm not sure if the school staff is posting positive reviews of themselves here, but I can confirm the earlier posts who say the office staff is mean. They are almost like bullies, but to believe it, you have to see it for yourselves. I didn't believe it until I visited this week.

Posted January 29, 2013
This is a great neighborhood school. People are friendly. Tracy in the office is very personable and goes out of her way to identify each and every student and parent by name. She will stop anything to help. Always a welcoming face. The principal is new and seems to have a good relationship with the students. Mrs. Wang is always friendly and available.

D. J. Sedgwick Elementary School 2

Posted January 29, 2013
I agree with the comment below regarding the new principal. I have tried to reach her several times but her front office staff is always giving excuses for her. She does not respond to emails or phone calls. She is zero help when it comes to listening to the parents. She has created a very antagonistic environment.

D. J. Sedgwick Elementary School
19200 Phil Lane, Cupertino, CA  95014
Last modified D. J. Sedgwick Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
D. J. Sedgwick Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 55 reviews. Top