Bad
Good

My child started kindergarten in August of this year and my experience with her teacher and the staff has been very positive. I can see that the people who work here genuinely care about the children and strive to do their best in providing a good environment that fosters learning. I am impressed by the learning opportunities beyond the usual curriculum: art, computer, PE classes are just some examples (for kindergarteners, no less!) Many of these special classes are possible from the support of the PTO which also illustrate the involvement of parents. I help out once a week in the class and have observed first hand how well my daughter's teacher works with the individual child as well as with the group as a whole. I personally think teaching can be incredibly rewarding but challenging as well and I have great respect for what teachers strive to do each day. My take on it is that we as parents are the most important influence on our children and are their primary teachers. Their teachers at school are important partners and teamwork is the key to a happy child who loves school. So far, I am glad to report that my daughter loves her school and her teacher!

I am not sure why the school has been getting such awful reviews in the last year. Apparently people didn't like Mrs. Franklin. There is a new principal and it's too early to tell what she will do for the school. Stevens Creek is a really good school with many fine teachers and programs for students. No school is perfect. Parents who think a school can do everything for their children are going to be disappointed. Stevens Creek works with the help of the parent community. If you're not happy with the school then get involved and don't just complain. You can make a huge difference.

It's hard to believe how CUSD has kept Vivian Franklin still employed! The parent and the student community at Stevens Creek are absolutely disgusted and annoyed with her, her punitive methods, harsh, indifferent attitude and autocratic rule. All this has factored in to bring this school down to rocks.... Most of the good teachers who were earlier there with the previous principal have left and those who are currently continuing also laugh and mutter at Vivian Franklin's back. Everybody is dissatisfied shows through when one is in the campus. Being a parent of two kids in this school I have seen all of these things happening in front of my eyes, but just tolerated and kept quite so that my kids are not targeted.

We have been with this school for long time putting a few kids thru elementary school. I pleased to say this is our last year at Stevens Creek. It has been a shame how the school has gone from an absolutely loving and yet high standard environment to what it has become today. As a part working in high tech in the valley, where leadership makes or breaks companies, I think that is what it has done to Stevens Creek. Ms. Franklin may have the best intentions in mind, but her style does not work for today's environment. The only saving grace for school i the few good teachers left from the old days.

Principle Vivian Franklin is HORRIBLE Has control issues. Unable to make it in adult work place, so chose to work with children. Facility is outdated and run down

This school stinks. I am one of the students at this school writing this review. This is anonymus. I hate this school. They spend too much of their money on technology. Every classroom has at least 1 I-pad and now they have a mobile I-pad lab. The money should be spent on useful programs for students who need a challenge, like the GATE program. I am one of those students.I will not say who I am. This school needs to change the way it uses its money. I am glad I am going to a different school next year.

should this school be the babysitter center not the shcool since children at these ages as well older ages have great ability to learn by themselves & set guildline , rules for their peer to follow. they r more comfortable at their own age// these days these teachers & principlal think schools r build & create 4 them , they should be constantly reminded as little rude child they r here to baby sit not need to teach & children & parents teach & they learn more from parents & peers

I do not recommend this school. The principal is a bully who prances around in a miniskirt and high heels yelling at parents through a megaphone. She will call you up and harass you for money when donations are optional. Hey, public school is public, duh. Not everyone is rich. The kids who thrive are taught everything by their parents before they enter the classroom. So if you are not from a culture where that is the norm get ready for a world of hurt!!!! If so many parents have to get a tutor, hey that's an indication something is wrong with the curriculum. I love my teachers and I know they try with so many kids. Many of the parents I've talked to have children who are not thriving at this school. The music program is great if you are not one of the kids runnIng out of the class crying. I see a lot of criticism and zero 'one on one' teaching with my child. Don't believe the hype, people. Cupertino is not the answer and Stevens Creek has been such a disappointment. All I can do is get a tutor like all the other moms. Don't even think about asking for help from the principal, she is mean. Good luck! Oh, and my kid doesn't know how to do a proper push-up or sit-up! Gosh! Omg.

It provides a caring and nurturing environment for the children and is a welcoming institution for the parents.

Teacher with great passion, incl great music and PE programs that kids love!

Last modified Stevens Creek Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.