Cupertino, CA
Students enrolled: 2,000

Posted June 22, 2015
This school offers so much and teaches so well and at the same time you're having fun. It also has amazing sports and music programs.

Cupertino High School
Develops honesty: Strongly disagree

Posted June 22, 2015
This school is amazing, great teachers, great clubs, awesome sports and music programs, it makes you feel at home and welcome. And no one will make fun of any kids because there's always a place for anyone who goes to Tino.

Posted December 31, 2014
Awesome school. Unlike neighboring Monta Vista and Lynbrook high schools, Cupertino High offers a perfect balance for academic competition and mental wellbeing. Every teacher I have had has been passionate about helping students succeed as a student and as a person.

Posted August 17, 2013
Very friendly staff and a conducive environment for learning. Work load is very reasonable, letting students enjoy study and make time for sports and other extra-curricular activities. Graduating students enter top notch universities and have a well rounded development. Diversified student demographics make it attractive for kids to learn other cultures.

Posted June 13, 2013
Too bad all the Eisenhower & DeVargas students get sent to this high school which bring down the API at Cupertino High. People paying more per square footage in the area between Bollinger , Miller, Stevens Creek and DeAnza having to go to school with people in area with heavy apartment Complex that belong to Eisenhower school and also Devargas has much cheaper townhouse rental. Oh, I think some of the Collins elementary school has to go to Cupertino High too. Cupertino High students from Collins and Eaton score much higher than those that are from Eisenhower and Devargas. They should move them to Fremont High.
5 people found this helpful

Posted October 03, 2012
I have a friend who moved to Cupertino last year. She goes to Cupertino High School now and she told me that it's amazing!! She's made lots of amazing, accepting, awesome friends there and she's really enjoying her high schools year at Tino!! I'm kind of jealous actually, Tino seems like a better school than where I'm at and I'd love to go to this school if I lived in Cupertino!

Posted September 21, 2011
My kid has been in Cupertino High for the last three years. She enjoys the curriculum, activities and teachers' teaching. This is a school that gives our kid a balanced student life. The courses can be very challenging but still have time to do other things. The staffs are very friendly and most of them are very devoted. My kid never needs to go to any tutoring schools but can still get excellent scores in SATs. Some other schools in the district may have higher API, but the parents paid big bucks to hire tutors for their kids. Some tutoring schools even have the customized courses just for the students from those schools. School is just one of the place that your kids learn. Home is the most important place to raise a well round child.
2 people found this helpful

Posted July 04, 2011
Is an average high school in almost way, except that there is more of a focus on academics and less on sports. There a lot of cliques and stuck up people but there are also a lot of friendly and open people. Classes can be challenging and teachers range from being enthusiastic and helpful to not caring. Depending on who your teachers are and the people you encounter your experience can be very good or very bad.

Posted June 28, 2011
I have 2 kids going there. If you want your kids study hard and at the same time have a great time then it is for them. I attended my daughter graduation in June and was very surprised to see so many seniors got accepted to great universities like MIT, Standford, UC Berkeley, Davis, LA, etc.. They deserve it from a lot of hard work and I am so proud of them! Just do not expect to go there just to have fun. Definitely it is not for someone who doesn't take academic seriously.

Posted June 12, 2011
Cupertino High School was a huge let down for my first year. Even though I have only finished my freshmen year, I feel very strongly that I wasted my time. The student population is not diverse or large. 1700 students is little compared to other schools in the district. The school spirit isn't very strong. We are horrible at most of our sports; some teams have lost every single game. Most of the teachers I had are horrible. I learned more in my Spanish class in middle school than my Spanish class in high school. In one of my classes students get an average of a C on tests/quizzes. The teacher of the class seems to be blind and deaf; students get away with texting and talking. I'm glad that my first year is over. I might transfer to a different high school for next year. If you can, I suggest that you pick a different school than CHS, unless if you want to attend an extremely average school with no race diversity, poor school spirit, bad sports, oblivious teachers, and a small campus.

Cupertino High School
10100 Finch Avenue, Cupertino, CA  95014
Last modified Cupertino High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Cupertino High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 52 reviews. Top