No rating

Holy Cross Lutheran School

Private | PK-8

Student diversity

Living in Cypress

Situated in an urban neighborhood. The median home value is $403,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,780.

Posted September 1, 2012

Wonderful teachers and loving staff, great opportunities and positive learning environment. Wonderful!! Tuition discounts for families too!

Posted August 29, 2012

Holy Cross Preschool has made some wonderful changes. There is a new enthusiasm, wonderful structure, and an emphasis on learning. Good job Holy Cross.

Posted July 17, 2012

We LOVED this school! LOVED IT! Then those in charged saw fit to release the best preschool teacher in the county from her call. Because of their brutal disregard for staff, parents and especially students, we will not be returning for my child's last year. It really put us in a bind and broke my child's heart. Unforgivable.

Posted July 15, 2012

Holy Cross was a wondeful preschool. Then they overturned their whole staff overnight. The board of directors, who know nothing about education, have complete control of the school and the staff. By what I have seen done there, they seem to make decisions out of self-interest, not the interest of the children. The board of directors left about 20 children broken hearted when they learned their teachers were not returning. This can actually be quite damaging to 3 and 4 year olds who may feel that they were negelcted or even abandoned by their teachers, when in fact their teachers were fired abruptly. Almost all of us disenrolled our children but the board of directors was not interested in the parents feedback. I guess they are not too concerned with their numbers either.

Posted February 2, 2010

I researched every PreK in the Cypress area. I fell IN LOVE with HolyCross. All of the teachers have treated my son like their own. I have strangers tell me how well behaved and smart my son is and I know Holy Cross has a huge part in that. Ms. Mindy, Ms. Charmaine and Ms. Mary are exceptional teachers. My son has never been left with anyone but family, he wants to go to school and I trust them. My second son will be starting next session and they all know his name and cant wait for him to start..I highly, highly recommend Holy Cross..I cannot say enough great things about them.

Posted February 1, 2010

I can honestly say that this school was a blessing in disguise for me. We kinda fell into this school and I cannot say enough positive things about Ms. Mindy and her staff. This is my third year and second child there. The education is top (they were amazed at what my kindergarten student knew when she got there) and the moral character building taught everyday is a huge bonus... if not what I love most. It is obvious that MS. Mindy and her teachers love my children and treat them as if they were there own. It is scarry to leave your little one in someone else's care each day but I assure you, you cannot find better care than Ms. Mindy. She is a blessing to all of us and has become a friend, not just a teacher. I have nothing negative to say about the preschool or program!

Posted April 26, 2009

Holy Cross is a great school and teaches kids to their highest point of interest. I have been going here since 4th grade and all the teachers are wonderful. Mr. Miller, the 5th/6th grade teacher is very funny and interesting. And ig everyone cooperates he takes them to a resturaunt called Johns. I love Holy Cross and you will too!!
—Submitted by a student

Posted October 28, 2008

I chose this school for the strong academic curriculum it uses. The fact that it also emphasizes character education is a great bonus. The children at the school are surrounded by a positive, child appropriate enviorment that is condusive to healthy growth. I am glad we chose this school for our child and he has been attending for the last 6 years.

Posted October 10, 2008

Holy Cross has a great curriculum challenging students at whatever level their talents and abilities are at, so that they grow to their full potential. We have been through PK-8th here with 4 kids over 12 years. Academics, athletics, music, drama, art provide challenge, variety, camaraderie and balance. The teachers love the students and are committed to providing the best education to each student. Standardized test scores have provided personal growth evidence to us with each year our children attend.

Posted May 7, 2007

I was referred by another mom 2 years ago. My son has attended since Pre-K. The teachers care!! Classes are small. Even the parents leave with smiles on their faces. In addition to a great curriculum, the kids also learn about Christ. Academics are balanced with art, music and PE. We also have sports teams. In a time of cut backs in public schools, our kids still go on field trips.

Posted May 5, 2007

The best measure of how happy our children are after attending Holy Cross for almost a full school year...would be Sunday nights...instead of dreading Mondays they can't wait to go to school! If you are looking for an environment that simultaneously promotes independent thinking, responsibility, moral choices, honesty and respect Holy Cross is your school. It feels like family when you walk on campus. The great teacher to student ratio only enhances the quality of your child's educational experience at Holy Cross. It is worth your time to check out this school, we will be forever grateful to the parent that referred us!!

Posted April 27, 2007

A friend of mine told me about the pre-school at Holy Cross 5 years ago and we are still here. The office staff, teachers, and students are a great influence for my child.

Posted April 26, 2007

If you re looking for a school where students get one on one time with teachers then this is it. The extracurricular activities encourage participation in plays, talent shows, music and arts. We couldn't be happier and the girls love it too.

Posted September 15, 2006

I love Holy Cross Lutheran School! All three of my children attended the school. Now two of them are adults in the working world holding down good jobs after completing 4 year colleges. My youngest is a sophomore in high school doing well in all of her classes. The foundation that my children received at Holy Cross Lutheran School both academically and spiritually was worth every penny we spent on tuition. May God forever bless Holy Cross and all the teachers, Principal, and Pastor there!
—Submitted by a staff

Posted August 20, 2006

My children attend this school, and we came from a local public school. I have found the school to be well kept, the staff courteous and professional and dedicated to the success of all kids there. They have extra curricular activities after school. The academic program is much more intense than the local public schools. The teachers seem to care about the progress of my children, so I assume that applies to all the children at the school as well. I have found the principal (who actually teaches) to be open, honest, forthright, and caring. He is always available to listen to your concerns. Also, parent input is very important for this school. I highly recommend it for anyone seeking a private, Christian, education for their children in the Cypress, east Long Beach, West Orange County area.
—Submitted by a teacher

• Coed
Affiliation
  • Lutheran Church (Missouri Synod)

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious