Calvary Chapel Christian School of Cypre

Private | K-6

Living in Cypress

Situated in an urban neighborhood. The median home value is $403,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,780.

Sweep tile

Posted January 16, 2014

My chjild attended CCCS, preschool-6th grade. We absolutely love this school! Teachers Principal, and staff show a genuine love & concern for the children & their education, I couldn't be happier. My kids learned of the love of God, and the Bible. They learned to be kind and respectful. A lot of class/homework.. yes, at times. However, my child learned great study skills, organization skills, responsibility, and accountability. With the great study habits my child developed here, moving on to Jr. High, and maintaining a 4.0 in Honor Classes has been a breeze. I appreciate what this school did for our family.

Posted June 3, 2013

CCCS has been a part of our life. Our two kids went there since they were 3 until they graduated from 6th grade. The teachers were very attentive and caring. The school administrators are super nice and accomdate our kids' needs. Yes, there may be some strict rules( we did not totally agree with some of them.)but under Christian teaching, our kids really learned to be thoughtful, kind,giving person. Top of that, the accademic level was quite good. My kids went on to JH and HS, has been doing well, keeping up 4.0+ with Advance clasees. A lot of homework, projects, spelling bees, speech meet, science fair.....there are a lot of work by both students and parents, but it's well worth it. My kids learned great work ethics throughout years and at JH and HS level, they are doing fine with a tons of work and never an issure for them. We are very grateful that our kids had opportunity to go to CCCS. Thank you!!!!!!!

Posted October 4, 2012

It is really sick that these places are allowed to proselytize supernatural beliefs in the guise of education.

Posted May 30, 2012

This review/warning is actually about Calvary Chapel's summer day camp program, not the school. I sent my 5-year-old son there last summer, and they went on a field trip to the California Science Center at USC. My son got separated from the group. He says he asked his counselor if he could go get a drink of water, and his counselor says he wandered off. In any case, the counselor did not notice my son was missing, and the summer camp bus LEFT WITHOUT HIM. If the summer camp had just done a simple head count on the bus, they would have known he was missing. Apparently, they never noticed, until the Science Center called to tell them they left a child behind. Please consider this before entrusting your kids to this school/summer camp.

Posted September 22, 2011

My son just started this school. It is nice small size class and reading and writing I see already he is improving so much! Average size of class is 10 to 16 students. Teachers are happy to teach. so Far happy to see my son improvement of writing and reading.

Posted March 13, 2009

I saw a 'administrator' review saying there was to many kids in one class, 21 is the limit! Compared to the majority of California schools that is at least 10 less than public school classes. Calvary, in my opinion, is perfect. Small class sizes, tutition of 100 a week (sooo amazingly cheap for a quality private school), attentive teaches who actually communicate with the parents and the kids are well mannered (Not once has my daughter complained of being made fun of or teased. Big issue in her other school) And thats whats nice about a small school thats attentive, the staff does not under any circumstances tolerate any type of bullying, my daughter has never been so happy! I truly wish every child has this type of environment to growup in, society would certaily be alot less troubled. With out a doubt, this school gets five stars!!

Posted May 20, 2008

C.C.C.S is a wonderful school. My daughter gets the best of care there. Her teacher and principal are very loving and her class is academically advanced. I feel very blessed to have my daughter enrolled in a school with such a family oriented atmosphere.

Posted August 23, 2007

I'm thankful for this school. Both of my boys attended and received excellent teaching. Jesus is first in the hearts of all staff and it shows in their compassion. My children developed a love for sports, math, art, Bible, computers and they take on challenges with excitement. This foundation was and still is priceless. Myself and my husband never could have afforded a private school if it wasn't for God's blessing through the board at CCCS. They worked with us.

Posted August 21, 2007

cccs has high academic standards and are keep the long term goals in focus when planning and updating they program. They work very hard to make sure my daughter(s) were ready for what she would face in junior and senior high school. It wasn't always easy but the teachers were with them every step of the way. They were also there for us when it came to need help with tuition - when we hit a tough time they stepped in to help us keep our daughters in a private school while we worked our way through a difficult 'cash flow' time in our life. If you are looking for a place your child will not be lost in the cracks or a number, this is a place. The staff know the students and they show the children through example how to put Jesus first.

Posted April 27, 2006

Too many kids in one class.
—Submitted by an administrator

Posted March 16, 2006

Good academic, limited sports, good Christian music, great parent involvement.

Posted November 4, 2005

My daughter loves it here, the teachers interact one-on-one with the students and they allow for alot of parental involvement in the children's studies.

Posted November 15, 2004

I have been very impressed with CCCS and it's faculty. As previously stated, the principal does have family members on staff, but my experience has been nothing but positve. My child has grown academically and spiritually during her many years at the school. She currently is working a couple years above her grade level and is extremely happy with her teacher. She has really found the fun in learning and being part of a family.

Posted November 11, 2004

This school is wonderful. The school personnel has a warm and caring disposition. The classes are spacious and organized and the children always seem happy.

Posted August 11, 2004

It is a small school and staff is very helpful. There is a problem with favoritism, many of the staffs are related to the principal and it can be a benefit at times and other times not. It is extremely good school for the child to advance but there are times that they make it impossible for a child to finish the homework given. This can be rectified if the teacher is not related to the principal. If the teacher is related to the principal then they are definately in God's hands to finish all their homework and still be able to sleep or eat.

Posted December 5, 2003

I give this school a very good rating specially when it comes to it's teachers and their dedication and commitment.

Ethnicity This school
Black 0%
Hawaiian Native/Pacific Islander 0%
Two or more races 0%
Source: NCES, 2009-2010

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• ACSI
  • ACTS
  • NAEYC
  • NAPSEC

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• Computer lab
  • Library

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

5202 Lincoln Avenue