No rating

Grace Christian School Of Cypress

Private | K-8 | 399 students

Living in Cypress

Situated in an urban neighborhood. The median home value is $403,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,780.

Posted December 12, 2013

Caring Teachers, great staff. Small classrooms with great communication from teachers. Great staff onsite for any special needs. I have three boys who have attended the school for 4 years and have never had a negative situation that wasn't handled well. Nothing but good things to say about the school and staff.

Posted October 11, 2012

My son is in his 3rd year at Grace and he loves it and so do we. He is so much more advanced than kids in his own grade that attend public schools. The staff is wonderful.

Posted March 10, 2011

We transferred to Grace at the start of last school. What a great move it has been for our kids. My children have grown so much in two years. The entire staff is amazing. They are so caring and everyone of them willing to go the extra mile for you. In these hard times somehow they are continuing add programs. I wish they would add a high school.

Posted September 8, 2010

Love this school and all it's fine teachers! Been with GCS 6 years now and would recommend it to anyone.

Posted May 7, 2010

I am a public school teacher and have all three of my children at Grace. We have seen some great new things come to the school over the last three years. My youngest is just completing preppy k and we have loved everything about the class. I am also very excited to see how the writing and math programs have been greatly improved. We love everything about Grace and believe it the best education money can buy in a real loving environment. I would highly recommend Grace.

Posted September 6, 2009

Both of our children went through the preppie k program. They adored their teacher, and our family was so sad to hear that she was leaving last year. They still talk about her often, and the many lessons they learned while in her class. We have decided to pull our children out of Grace however, because of the change in leadership. While it appears that there are many new and exciting changes coming down the pipe, I am afraid that this new school year will not be all that parents expect. There seems to be a cloud over the school, and I'm afraid that many teachers will suffer under this new leadership. The teachers are outstanding and have worked together to make Grace a great school. Their efforts however, are being thwarted by dishonesty and 'control' issues tricking down from the top. The aides hours have been cut too!!!

Posted July 7, 2009

We like having our kids at Grace--mainly for the loving teachers. We feel that our kids are cared for and valued. The Kindergarten program could use more academics and so far I would not recommend the preppie K program. The old teacher, however, is leaving so this may change. So far, the academics have been adequate for our standards. We love the new principal, however, since he's bringing in the many changes which have been needed for a long time. He is improving the writing and the overall academic standards, as well as bringing the school up-to-date on technology. I think the school will become an academically excellent school in the near future. Most of the parents are working/ commuting parents so it can be a little challenging to befriend them. Some parents are very fundamental in their beliefs, but more accepting and loving people are around as well.

Posted April 19, 2009

My two great grandchildren are enrolled at Grace and I feel they are receiving the best education possible. As a retired junior high principal I am familiar with school curriculum and policy and know that Grace Christian School is providing an outstanding education for students in a safe environment.

Posted January 26, 2009

This is the best private school for the money around! They do an excellent job teaching the children. It's the only school I know of that makes it mandatory that all their teachers have their Master Degrees in order to teach there. How awesome is that!!

Posted February 20, 2008

Grace Christian has the most caring dedicated teachers I have ever seen. We had two children at Grace who moved to public school in middle school. Both were more than prepared to be in leadership positions and are excellent students with great study habits. They were both in music instruments at Grace and went to middle school band overly prepared. Grace Christian is an excellent school that prepares students with lifetime study skills.

Posted September 30, 2007

The school is great. They really focus on the child as a whole rather than on education only. Mr. Coburn and the teachers are very easy to speak with regarding any problems or concerns that may arise. Too bad it has to be associated with Sea Coast Grace Church which seems to be against actually reaching out to the community as their mission says.

Posted October 25, 2005

Good school, reasonable tuition!

Posted September 23, 2005

I found that most if not all teachers here were sincere in their concern for helping to educate my children. The principal, Mr. Coburn, tries his best to accomodate family needs with the support of his office staff. The child care was only adequate with personnel issues that I feel could have been better organized/directed and observant to playground needs/issues.

Posted August 14, 2005

Grace is a great school with a caring, Christian environment that focuses on all areas of the development of children, not just academics. Grace Christian has hard-working teachers, as well as specialists in music, art and sports.

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• Dr. Don Pettinger
  • Coed
Affiliation
  • Christian
Associations
  • ACSI

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious