No rating

Hope Lutheran Elementary School

Private | K-3

Living in Daly City

Situated in an inner city neighborhood. The median home value is $450,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,720.

Posted August 2, 2013

My son was in this school when he was almost 3 year-old until he finished pre-school. Teachers seem friendly to parents, but some teacher is not nice to kid, especially if he/she is a active kid. One of the teacher said my son was so mean in front of me. Come on, how mean a 3-year old kid could be. Long story for short, my son said he only missed his friends in Hope Lutheran, and Ms. carrie.

Posted October 12, 2009

My daughter is fairly new to the school and loves it. The classes are fairly small so student to teacher ratio is great. Also it's a great plus that they take children that are not potty trained and tution compared to other preschools is reasonable. Very Pleased!

Posted July 24, 2009

My daughter has been going here for one year and never wants to leave when I pick her up. She transformed from a shy, clingy diaper wearing kid to a potty-trained social butterfly. They take kids on field trips and, as an added bonus, Mandarin is taught here.

Posted December 29, 2008

This school is fantastic! The academic instruction is excellent, and it's great for working parents. It offers morning care beginning at 7 and after school care until 6 for a very reasonable fee. The afterschool teachers are attentive to the kids (unlike in the public school we attended), so the kids actually do their homework correctly and receive assistance. This took a huge burden off us. The school is located right across the highway from Colma BART, so I no longer have a stressful rush to pick up the kids by 6. I can get off BART and be at the school in 5 minutes! For anyone who takes Colma BART to work, this school is great! Plus, it also has a fantastic preschool on campus from age 2. We were thrilled to take our elementary and preschool kids to the same location! One drop off, one pick up!

Posted November 16, 2008

Very patient teachers, the director and principal, Cynthia is warm, kind and funny. I have twins at the pre-school and next year will keep them at the school's elementary program!! Cost is affordable and one of my 4 year olds is already reading in English and Mandarin!! The pre-school is small and all of the teachers know every child well and treat the kids with love and respect. is already reading in english and mandarin!!

Posted August 31, 2007

Great small school with very small class sizes. School and staffs are warm and loving. Well balanced academic program with Mandarin program. It also has great before and after school care. The school provides a fun & safe learning environment. It is also very affordable.

Posted June 6, 2007

There are so many great things about this school. It has tons of parking for drop off and pick up, a warm and friendly staff, bright clean classrooms, and high academic standards proven through annual testing. Not only that, but there are great programs like Mandarin and Children's Choir that are no additional cost. A personal favorite of mine is that the kids are also taught to be kind. When I was in 8 months pregnant and the school was going on Winter Break the kids were praying for me and my delivery. I love this school, but more importantly my daughter does. She comes home with a smile every day.

Posted June 5, 2007

Our son has attended Hope Lutheran for 3 years. We are very happy with the curriculum, quality of the teachers and the school program in general. We highly recommend Hope Lutheran as a young school that is getting better every year.

Posted June 4, 2007

Hope has a very good academic program for the children there. My son could read simple sentences when he is in 1st grade. The class size is small. We get weekly progress report. Teacher and parental communication is great to know how your child is doing. They also have a great after school tutorial program where they help the kids with their homework. They have just added a Mandarin program as an extra-curriculum which is great! Hope provides a safe and secure environment for the children where you can feel at ease.

Posted June 1, 2007

My daughter (Kindergarten) and I love this school. There are wonderful programs like Children's Choir, Mandarin and Cooking, small class sizes, easy parking and fun extracurricular activities like a 101st Day of school where the kids all dressed as Dalmations, and Nations day where each class gave a performance and taught the rest of the school about their assigned nation. The staff is warm and friendly and my daughter comes home every day with a smile. I also love that the kids are taught be to be good people. I am always hearing about my daughter's class praying and making cards for sick or injured teachers and classmates. Last, but not least the academic program is strong. My daughter can pick up virtually any book from her shelf (she has well over 100 books)and can start reading. The school may be small, but it's huge in heart. Check it out!

Posted May 24, 2007

My children are currently attending the school and they have a very high quality teachers. My children are well read, disciplined and could do advanced Math. The principal, Mrs. Williams and Pastor Woo are bot excellent educators. The school is very safe and they also have tutorial and summer school. The school has its own parking lot which a lot of schools do not have. It's an advantage and the tuition is fairly low compared to the other schools.

Posted March 25, 2007

It is one of the safest environment to have your children get their education .Class size is very small. Teacher give very good attention to every kids , if one the student is behind his /her class ,they have a volunteer former teacher member of the church tutoring the student one on one part of the activities class, free of charge. It is a christian school,they teach all student to act according to the best behave with love and respect.Teacher are great . The school has combined board from parents and church member to direct the school through the principle I have two daughters enrolled their.I was like other parents need the best for my kids . I found it . I highly recommended. Also they have the best daycare and preschool .

Posted February 19, 2007

Our three children attend this school and we couldn't be happier. We feel Hope elementary offers a safe and secure learning environment for children to thrive.

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• Coed
Affiliation
  • Lutheran church - missouri synod

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• Computer lab
  • Library

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

55 San Fernando Way