Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

The teachers here allow their students to use calculator to perform basic mathematical computations. This shows laziness to teach students how to perform mathemathical operations manually. It hinders learning. They teach to the test. School funding is based on the school's performance in standardized tests. Teacher pay is also tied to student's performance on the test. The entire year is spent on practicing to pass the standardized test. Homework consists of two pages that barely challenges the student's intellectual capability. Homework focuses on questions designed to pass the standardized tests. It's all about the tests, school funding, and pay raises that are tied to the student's performance on the test. If I had more options, I would not bring my children here.

the principal has got to be the worst, WORST principal ever. I'm not sure how this school is doing now, but I will give it a 3 out of 5 over experience. I sure do hope that they've picked a better six grade teacher, and had not kept Mr. Alegre (pardon my spelling, I forgot how to spell his name), because he is one of the worst teachers there. I had not learn anything from him, but how badly humiliation hurts others. He's not good at teaching, he's good a humiliating and talking about other students, either behind their backs, or in front of them. The best part is how the principal lets students get away with things, how easily you can manipulate her with tears in your eyes, and that innocent, child-like record. Yeah. Your kindergartner, first grader, whatever little brat you have call child can write graffiti on the wall, bully others, run away from home AND SCHOOL, and bring weapons to school, just as long as they pull out their cutest puppy eyes and hypnotize their weak principal. I give it a three over the friends I had made and teachers I've had before six grade. This is not the worst school ever, but I really hope it improved while I was gone. Do I endorse this school?

It is a great school where the principal is always involve and only wish parents will participate more for the school activities.

This school is AWESOME!!!! my son is ready to go to school every day. He doesn't like to miss class. The principal is a great person, my son lives all theachers at school!

My child has attended pre-kinder program over the summer and now enrolled in Kinder. The emphasis in reading has been made and support work (homework) shows they are on track to help us teach our children to read. Teacher Ms. Acosta is very patient and helpful and demonstrates her desire to be a GREAT teacher. So far so good and will report back on the PTA as I will be joining this week. The principal is present and not IN THE OFFICE all the time. She is very welcoming, understanding and HELPFUL.

The school is good! There are a lot of teachers that are amazing. I have to admit there are 1-2 that not very sociable. I would say more laid back and keep to themselves but overall, OK. The PTA is AMAZING! A very strong force and makes the families feel welcomed.

Principal, teachers and cafeteria head are all very helpful.

I definetly think this school needs improvements! Most teachers are good, few excpetional, and some laid back. No parent involment. No PTA...well a so called one!

The location makes it extremly safe for our kids to go to this school

My child is in the 6th grade class. She has been challenged as a GATE student with all her subjects and I'm very proud of her, her teacher and the school.

Last modified Margaret Pauline Brown Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.