Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Too much (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Somewhat effective (1 response)

Junipero Serra Elementary School 1

Posted August 14, 2015
These first 2 days of school have been the most horrible ones . I've been lied to by the secretary . My child was placed with a teacher I personally asked not to be placed with . Even with a request made to both teacher and principle , and a email to the principle before the end of the prior school year . Something so simple could have been avoided so that my child now would not be cheated of her education these 2days . I was treated very unprofessionally by the principle this morning as if I was a child myself.. Very insensitive to my request .

Teacher effectiveness: Very ineffective

Posted August 13, 2015
There are good teachers and then you have the ones that really don't tell you until your child really needs help

Junipero Serra Elementary School 1

Posted August 13, 2015
Misleading and false information is constantly being given to my family from both the principle and the secretary. They have no compassion or care for concerns of the parents for their children. Very selfish and unprofessional office staff.

Develops grit: Neutral

Posted August 13, 2015
They allow many of their teachers, not all because most are great but Mr. Miranda allows many teachers to get away with yelling at and not caring

Develops empathy: Disagree

Posted August 13, 2015
No empathy at all for the needs of their students or parents. The principle does not address or care for the concerns that parents present to him.

Posted April 17, 2014
JS is a great school. Both of my kids really like the school and teachers.

Posted August 23, 2013
This school is AWESOME! I transferred my children from a private school three years ago. As every other parent, I was very hesitant. Specially, when you have to make drastic changes for your children. Not knowing how the change is going to impact your kid, is very scary! Well I have to say, the experience was GREAT! The Teachers have done nothing but wonders. When my son first started, his test scores were very low. The teacher was very surprised that he had scored so low on his tests. Specially, coming from a private school. As weeks pasted by, the teacher and I worked together to get my son to the other kids level. Tutoring, extra practices and dedication we were able to get my son to the level he needed to be. As the semester came to it's end his test scores didn't only increase tremendously, but he placed in the Honor Roll list. I was so proud! I am so thankful to all the teachers at this school. They really try hard to get their students up to speed. Our new Principal Mr. Miranda is also doing an awesome job with this school. Never the less, the parents are supper nice. At least the ones I know. I strongly recommend this school! If I had to do it again I would choose J.S.

Posted May 06, 2011
The teachers are excellent.If the student needs help with learning and behavior problem they will do want they can to help.I recommend the school to my family and friends.

Posted September 24, 2009
This is school is great and is fun for my daughter which is her 3rd year there and now my nephew attends there as a 1st grader. They really encourage on reading and keeping the parents posted and encourage for our support.

Posted August 29, 2009
Junipero Serra Elementary is off to a great start. The teachers, principal, and extended staff were eager to start a new school year. My son loves being a student at J.S. and the teachers are absolutely wonderful. Mr. Schmella, the principal, is a great leader for the school and is always making himself available to parents as well as to students. He can be seen every morning talking to parents and students before school. He always has a smile on his face. This is a great school!

151 Victoria Street, Daly City, CA  94015-2708
Last modified Junipero Serra Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.