Daly City, CA

Posted April 17, 2014
JS is a great school. Both of my kids really like the school and teachers.

Posted August 23, 2013
This school is AWESOME! I transferred my children from a private school three years ago. As every other parent, I was very hesitant. Specially, when you have to make drastic changes for your children. Not knowing how the change is going to impact your kid, is very scary! Well I have to say, the experience was GREAT! The Teachers have done nothing but wonders. When my son first started, his test scores were very low. The teacher was very surprised that he had scored so low on his tests. Specially, coming from a private school. As weeks pasted by, the teacher and I worked together to get my son to the other kids level. Tutoring, extra practices and dedication we were able to get my son to the level he needed to be. As the semester came to it's end his test scores didn't only increase tremendously, but he placed in the Honor Roll list. I was so proud! I am so thankful to all the teachers at this school. They really try hard to get their students up to speed. Our new Principal Mr. Miranda is also doing an awesome job with this school. Never the less, the parents are supper nice. At least the ones I know. I strongly recommend this school! If I had to do it again I would choose J.S.

Posted May 06, 2011
The teachers are excellent.If the student needs help with learning and behavior problem they will do want they can to help.I recommend the school to my family and friends.

Posted September 24, 2009
This is school is great and is fun for my daughter which is her 3rd year there and now my nephew attends there as a 1st grader. They really encourage on reading and keeping the parents posted and encourage for our support.

Posted August 29, 2009
Junipero Serra Elementary is off to a great start. The teachers, principal, and extended staff were eager to start a new school year. My son loves being a student at J.S. and the teachers are absolutely wonderful. Mr. Schmella, the principal, is a great leader for the school and is always making himself available to parents as well as to students. He can be seen every morning talking to parents and students before school. He always has a smile on his face. This is a great school!

Junipero Serra Elementary School 4

Posted August 28, 2009
Love this school, teachers and support staff are really good!

Posted February 03, 2009
Junipero Serra Elementary School is going in the right direction after Mrs. Brown sudden departure. The only problem I have with the school is the after school recreation program. How can the children do homework with all of that noise. Children on cell phones, screaming, and children running all around campus unsupervised. On the other hand the school run day care is excellent. The leaders are very knowledge about their jobs. Very well run program.

Posted January 13, 2009
This school is great! My children's teachers are very pleasant, professional and they always keep me informed on how they are progressing. The afterschool childcare is wonderful! Although the afterschool recreation program is very unorganized, unsupervised and noisy, I hope the school will do something to improve it for the safetly of all children and staff. Here's to all J.S. teachers who are educating our children! Wonderful job!

Posted August 30, 2008
Overall the school is doing well, hope the new principal makes some important changes. The afterschool recreation program is highly unorganized. Noise levels are over the top. The children are all over the campus unsupervised. The school day care program, which my child attends, is outstanding. The teachers are very professional and courteous. I am always informed about how my child is doing. They take the time to talk to every parent. Outstanding job.

Posted August 26, 2008
School is very un-organize, from staffs to Principal Brown. Particularly to Principal Brown's leadership, she doesn't socialize professionaly with parents and parents involvement are very, very poor. Part-time staffs and Recreation staffs are very unprofessional. Safetty and Dicipline are also very poor. Extracurricular Activities are pretty much not part of school.

Junipero Serra Elementary School
151 Victoria Street, Daly City, CA  94015
Last modified Junipero Serra Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Junipero Serra Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 23 reviews. Top