Posted August 23, 2013
This school is AWESOME! I transferred my children from a private school three years ago. As every other parent, I was very hesitant. Specially, when you have to make drastic changes for your children. Not knowing how the change is going to impact your kid, is very scary! Well I have to say, the experience was GREAT! The Teachers have done nothing but wonders. When my son first started, his test scores were very low. The teacher was very surprised that he had scored so low on his tests. Specially, coming from a private school. As weeks pasted by, the teacher and I worked together to get my son to the other kids level. Tutoring, extra practices and dedication we were able to get my son to the level he needed to be. As the semester came to it's end his test scores didn't only increase tremendously, but he placed in the Honor Roll list. I was so proud! I am so thankful to all the teachers at this school. They really try hard to get their students up to speed. Our new Principal Mr. Miranda is also doing an awesome job with this school. Never the less, the parents are supper nice. At least the ones I know. I strongly recommend this school! If I had to do it again I would choose J.S.

Posted May 31, 2013
Currently we have one child remaining and would say this last fiscal year was the worst experience for us. Though most of the teacher(s) remain true to their education the handoff in leadership could have went a little better. From my perspective, the current principal is working very hard to make the adjustment and at the same time discovering issues that were never resolved from the previous principal. We have two older kids who went through the Skyline system and are both Honors students at Westborough. We continue to be involved with Skyline achievements indirectly and would rather like to see other parents get involved too. This year fewer parents were involve with the PTA which may have contributed to this year slide. We'll continue to do our part at the capacity available to us but we do need moreparents to sound off at meetings if we are to improve next year. Our issue this year was a breakdown in communications.

Posted May 30, 2013
I have had three kids go to this school. I think it was much better with the old principal. He cared about each kid and made the school more enjoyable. I do enjoy the IB program here and the projects my kids have been involved in. My kids have had some amazing teachers and also some pretty lousy ones.

Posted April 24, 2012
We are blessed to have a great elementary school like this in our neighborhood. The teachers are great - I've appreciated the work each of my children's teachers has done. They have yet to have a 'bad' teacher! The staff is friendly and many parents volunteer and are involved in the PTA. Extra activities such as Glee Club and afterschool science clubs help round out the learning the kids get in class. Clean, positive campus.

Posted January 09, 2012
Great school. The teachers are great and they are very caring. They love what they do and it shows. Both of my kids are there, would not change it for anything.

Skyline Elementary School 4

Posted April 13, 2010
Principal and teachers are dedicated and committed towards the success of the students and faculty. Extended care activities program has been a great experience for my children. I attribute that test scores could be improved if the district were not so restricted with budget constraints and it is my hope that the faculty will be equipped with various resources in the future (e.g. supplies, books, computers, etc).

Skyline Elementary School 0

Posted September 22, 2009
Because the Principal & the teachers are very caring & great w/ kids.

Posted December 08, 2007
This school has been very good for my son, he has learned a lot, but on the other hand some of the children at the school are unruly, use bad words, and are disrespectful to the girls, and these are things I've seen for myself.

Skyline Elementary School 2

Posted January 25, 2005

Posted November 27, 2004

Skyline Elementary School
55 Christen Avenue, Daly City, CA  94015
Last modified Skyline Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Skyline Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top