Daly City, CA

Our Lady Of Mercy Elementary School 1

Posted June 12, 2014
I have had two children at OLM. My daughter was a victim of ongoing bullying and inappropriate touching from another student. We brought the incidents to the attention of the school. Each time we heard Kids will be kids or we will resolve the situation with the utmost privacy and discretion. I asked for the school policy on several situations and never received it. I reached out to the principal on four separate emails and several calls. At each contact she said it was under investigation and that she would return my call. It has been almost 6 weeks since the incident in question. There has been no return calls or emails from principal. All of my requests for school policy have been ignored. As a parent I am mad and frustrated with the leadership from the school and I really question there ability to offer a positive and safe environment for my children. Clearly it appears that fund raising and tuition are more important than the welfare of the students. Please be aware before considering OLM for your children.

Posted May 08, 2011
We moved our daughter from public school (7th Grade) to this school and WE LOVE THIS SCHOOL! The communication is excellent, the teachers are great and the kids are extremely mature and respectful. The families are dedicated and caring. The administration is very open to suggestions and follows through appropriately. There are excellent after school programs and we couldn't be happier. Highly recommend this school!

Our Lady Of Mercy Elementary School 4

Posted January 23, 2011
I have two children who attend OLM. We came to OLM not seeking so much the religious education, but for my children to experience great academics and social growth. We came from a very small non religious private school in Daly City. Both of my children are active in sports, music, and drama. We love that we have a choice to do something more than just the 8 to 3. The new principle has been such a blessing! She has brought a fresh breath to the school, attending most events at the school and a desire to keep the students and staff engaged.

Posted September 24, 2010
Our Lady of Mercy is a wonderful school. With recent changes the school has really become a community. Teachers/staff and parents are a large part of what makes this school so great. Students are inspired to work hard and achieve high academic levels as well as share their God given talents in many of the extra curricular activities that other schools don't seem to offer these day. I'm proud to be part of the bulldog community where "learning is for life."

Posted July 20, 2009
Unlike many Catholic schools, OLM has full-time specialists who assist kids with special needs. The large size also allows OLM to offer a bunch of extra stuff that we don't see elsewhere: band, drama, choir, and so forth. I notice that the reviews from students are very positive, which fits with my experience, too. I've been involved with this school for more than ten years and love it! The school board is TERRIFIC, working hard each year to put together a budget that will keep our school in the black. So many Catholic schools have had to close due to low enrolment, but OLM has stayed strong, thank God. Go, bulldogs!

Our Lady Of Mercy Elementary School 4

Posted June 05, 2009
I am currently a parent of a 1st grader and soon to be also a kindergarten parent for upcoming 09-10 school year. Academics are still strong and emphasized and most families are much involved with the OLM activities. We made great connections with other families who share the same common values of accountability of students and parents, involved with their kids' academics and up bringing, and want the best for their children future. Drawbacks: NO gymnasium. The PTO is literally administered through the principal. Which makes NO sense at all. The parents who pay the tuition should have an unbiased PTO organization that should focus on the sole voice of the parents' input and concerns. PTO is like more of a formality. Administration: It is true what other parents have commented about prior. There is one hierarchy, the 'Principal' thats it. There needs to better communication!

Posted December 11, 2008
I'm currently in junior high at OLM. and I think this absolutely amazing. my friends every way well as the teachers! the staff here...they're nice, and they're understanding. I'm in the 7th grade now. I'm in Mr. Mckeffery's homeroom. he's hilarious...btw. 7th grade so far is a little hassle...because i just started...and were only halfway through the school year...but i know after a while...i'll get used to's getting harder and harder to believe that with the help from my previous teachers, i'm actually in the 7th and 8th grade classrooms every morning at 8. i love this school, and next year in 8th grade...i will mis it when i graduate.

Posted November 20, 2008
I'm a parent at this school. One main reason why I send my son here (other daughter to follow) is the excellent academics and the attentive teachers in each grade as well as the strong sense of community, pride and parental volunteer support. It's important to note that although each class such as kindergarten is large (over 50 students) the classes are divided into 2 separate sections (ie Kindergarten A and Kindergarten B (with a little more than 25 students per section) and 2 teachers assigned to each section (which makes 4 teachers for the kindergarten class). Special attention is provided to students with special needs under the recommendation of highly experienced staff.

Our Lady Of Mercy Elementary School

Posted October 23, 2008
I truely agree with the Sept 16, 2008 comment. The school is run like a business now. The bottom line is $$$$. Unfortunately children that are slow will get left behind. Just too large of a student body. No matter how hard they try, they can't give the attention to the students who need the extra help. Tutoring will cost you extra. Teachers are only following their boss. Can't blame them in this economy. Pretty soon I can't afford this school. I think the admin is unfriendly and needs to be revamped.

Posted September 25, 2008
currently, i'm an 8th grader at OLM. and i think the teacher are doing a great job of getting us ready for high school!! go shine 09!!!!`

Our Lady Of Mercy Elementary School
7 Elmwood Drive, Daly City, CA  94015
Last modified Our Lady Of Mercy Elementary School is a Private school that serves grades K-8
Our Lady Of Mercy Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 25 reviews. Top