Posted August 27, 2014
I have enjoyed teaching Spanish at Hilldale for the last ten years. Students at Hilldale School study Spanish from Kindergarten through 8th Grade. In the early years, students are able to develop clear and authentic pronunciation, build a wealth of vocabulary, and familiarize themselves with the phonetic structure of the language. As students advance, they develop a more complex understanding of verb conjugations and Spanish grammar. As a latent function of learning the language, students gain a better understanding of English grammar and are often able to identify Latin roots of English words. Students continue to develop fluency skills and increase their vocabulary base in the older grades. Middle-school students at Hilldale also participate in the National Spanish Exam, which is an online exam administered nationwide to nearly 200,000 students in the 6th-12th Grades. In 2014, six Hilldale School students earned awards for their performance on the exam. Two of those students even earned a Bronze Medal for scoring above the 75th percentile of middle-school students nationwide.

Posted April 17, 2014
My child is the most veteran student at Hilldale. Now everyone knows who I am. :) I have to say that as a working parent, I can go to work knowing I don't have to worry about my child. Not only is my child in a safe envirionment but she is learning from some of the most amazing teachers and faculty members who challenges her to her maximum potential. Academically and personally. The real benefit for me is knowing that my child is in good hands for long hours doing what Hilldale does best and having the peace of mind at work doing what I do best without worries. That is priceless. Love this school with passion!

Posted April 10, 2014
Our principal enrolled her daughter at Hilldale School in Daly City, evidencing its excellence in education. The small class sizes, accelerated curriculum for gifted and talented students, well-educated, intelligent, dedicated, loving, supportive administration, faculty, and staff provide a wealth of knowledge and a challenging and nurturing environment in which students can develop their many gifts and talents. Several of our students were award winners at the San Mateo County Fair. Yearly, students write Young Authors' Projects, some of which are published for the extended school community's enjoyment. Spanish, Latin, ethics, international studies, music, drama, art, and swimming are among the enriching classes students are offered. The many acred campus allows for hiking, environmental studies, and exploration of the natural world. Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM), reading buddies, Mandarin, instrumental music, student council, photography, cooking, and social justice opportunities are offered during and/or after school. From pre-kindergarten through eighth grade, students are expected to rise to the challenge of bettering themselves and their community.

Posted April 10, 2014
Hilldale school is an exciting and innovative program, which provides a stimulating and supportive curriculum for children to blossom!!

Posted April 09, 2014
The small class size makes this school a close knit community, which is the number 1 reason we adore Hilldale. Almost everyone knows everyone, the principal certainly does. My son is currently in the Pre-K program and judging by how much he looks forward to going to school every morning, I know Hilldale is the right choice. I can also see my son's confidence growing, interacting with his classmates socially and intellectually, and building his language skills.

Posted April 09, 2014
As a parent I'm impressed of how Hilldale School and the level of attention and engagement that the director and the teacher team brings to the students and to the parents. Over communication to the parents ensures we are part of the day-to-day school activity and have insight into what is going on. On the students side I see that the high values put in place both in the quality of learning but also the engagement with the student body and the community drives high student engagement. I'm glad our son is at Hilldale.

Posted September 15, 2013
When I first came to visit the school I was skeptical. Its "campus" is scattered among three old single-family houses, one of which is not even adjacent to the other two. My doubts were quickly swept away when I met the principal. I had not met an educator more enthusiastic about teaching and helping students. I was amazed when I walked into the kindergarten classroom and witnessed the students reading stories on their own and answering written questions in their workbooks. Hilldale's curriculum is at least one year ahead of most schools. When my son was in kindergarten, they were expected to solve two-digit-subtracting-one-digit arithmetic problems. Upon entering kindergarten, students were expected to read the book "Cat in the Hat" on their own. Hilldale's core culture is academics. If you share the belief that schools are for learning things that matter to "kid's life chances", then you will realize that how the school looks physically does not matter, and you will come to appreciate and like Hilldale. Hilldale is a great choice for families that have high expectations of their children in academics. It is among the most affordable private schools in the area.

Posted August 29, 2013
Both my kids attend Hilldale School and absolutely love it! From the day they had their assessment tests with Ms. Clayton, they were pampered with loving teachers who pay individual attentions and kind classmates who never tease or bully. The class size is small. The school's slogan is "rising to the challenge." And indeed, my kids constantly amazed me with how much they can learn and achieve at such a young age. The accelerated curriculum sounded daunting, but the kids can do it with ease with the proper level of encouragement and individual attention. After school activities are plentiful, ranging from drama, musical performance, chess, swimming, cooking to lego and dance. Most after-schools are included in the tuition. The tuition is the lowest I can find in the Bay Area of all secular private schools. The school encourages public speaking and performance and hosts at least 3 drama and musical performances annually. It was a delight to see my very shy child reciting long poems and singing beautiful songs in front of a big crowd! If you are looking for an affordable school with solid education and loving environment, you should check out Hilldale.

Posted August 22, 2013
My school is Hilldale School in Daly City, Ca. The teacher ratio is great because there are only 16 students in his class. The education is first class. The entire staff is dedicated to making the learning process challenging for the students. The staff is caring and prides themselves on knowing all of the students by name. This school is a great way for your child to start the learning process.

Posted April 24, 2013
The best way I can prepare my kid for a successful life is by providing a great foundation, and that is where Hilldale School comes into play. Not only do they provide an accelerated curriculum, but it is delivered with the utmost care. My child has attended Hilldale School for 6 years and I could not be prouder of the results. Hilldale has created a well rounded individual with a sense of community. I have 2 kids 7 years apart, and based on how well they prepared my older child to become a leader and a thinker, I revel at the opportunity to enroll my younger kid in this wonderful environment. Small classes with individualized attention. They've fostered the love for reading to each and every child in the school. My oldest child reads for fun, outside of school two or more books a week now. Drama, Music, Art, Spanish are offered as part of the curricula. Homework isn well planned to allow for work/life balance. After school activities like, cooking, lego, chess, soccer, swimming, dance, photography... Fields trips that are fun but have education on the forefront. Parents are very involved with the school and have built an incredible community.

Hilldale School