Danville, CA

Diablo Vista Middle School 4

Posted August 10, 2014
DVMS is a school that is well-run under the watchful eye of its principal. I have two kids currently in 7th & 8th. They excel academically and are involved in school sports. Some teachers are better than others, obviously, and those who take an avid interest in your child's progress should be lauded., Middle school has been fairly seamless for my kids - socially and academically, which has been a true blessing. I can't single out anything too negative that falls within the category of a typical middle school. Good, solid PTSA and faculty within a community that ensures the kids get a good education.

Diablo Vista Middle School 1

Posted July 23, 2014
Horrible school everybody is trying to be better than other show off Fake people especially 8 grade If you are new you are different they will pick on you and find something that doesn't match there standards Over all before you start here you have to be super smart straight A's And wear expensive brand clothes Good luck Teachers fake ignorant and with a lot of issues !

Diablo Vista Middle School 1

Posted April 27, 2014
this school has put me through so much sorrow and pain! All these other reviews are by parents not by kids who go to this school. The teachers are all sarcastic and too much competition. I have a 3.3 G.P.A and i'm considered dumb.

Posted July 10, 2013
Our family moved here from out of state with a child who started at DVMS mid year with some difficulties due to his ADHD. EVERYONE here helped him find success in middle school both academically and socially. The staff are supportive and caring and communication is excellent. This is a school that recognizes the gifts and talents every student has to offer. It is obvious that teachers do not work "for" the principal- they work "with" her. We are relocating again and are really sad to go. The principal even offered to personally work with our next principal to ensure a smooth transition for the two I have in middle school now. The only negative experience I had here was with the PTSA. I tried to get involved when some groups emailed asking for volunteers. The response I got was that the committees didn't need my help but they would pass my name around and I would hear from them if they needed anything. I got the distinct feeling that if you weren't on the "inside" then, you weren't getting in. In that case, it was their loss. I had a lot to offer that they didn't take advantage of.

Diablo Vista Middle School 3

Posted April 04, 2013
I studied at Diablo Vista and I can say personally that this school is not welcoming at all. My peers were not supportive of the way I dressed, my academic achievements, or the types of extra-curricular activities I was doing (such as playing the violin). Most of the kids here have everything handed to them on a silver platter, and expect everything to go their way. I am at a private high school now with a much more supportive environment, and I couldn't be happier. I had trouble adjusting because public school did not prepare me at all for the rigorous curriculum at this school. Late work is not accepted at my new school and at Diablo Vista, certain teachers do not care if you turn it in a month late! Also, most teachers do not teach you anything in class, and you are forced to learn everything outside of class. There are some notable teachers. For example, Mrs. Saksena, my life science teacher in 7th grade, taught me what it was like to really enjoy academics/science overall. She was knowledgable and caring, as well as a great teacher. Madame Schirmer, the French teacher, graduated from Stanford and is great with helping you connect terms. Overall, Diablo Vista gets a 3.5/5.

Posted November 30, 2010
We have transferred to an International school because of job transfer. I think the teachers at Diablo Vista are excellent and truly care about the students. I would like to say that Mr Wolf, a math teacher is beyond excellent. My son is at least 2 years ahead of his peers in math and we are in China. An amazing job!

Diablo Vista Middle School 0

Posted September 19, 2009
I love the fact that my daughter enjoys going to school just because of Diablo Vista. There's really good teachers and mostly updated technology.

Posted August 12, 2008

Posted July 08, 2008

Posted May 31, 2008

Diablo Vista Middle School
4100 Camino Tassajara, Danville, CA  94506
Last modified Diablo Vista Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Diablo Vista Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top