Green Valley Elementary School 3

Posted August 12, 2013
We didn't have a great experience with this school and I think it had to do with our child's teacher. She wasn't caring, didn't know why our child had a bloody nose when he was pushed by another child on the playground, and focused only on the kids who were up to her standards. Unfortunately, there wasn't much that we could do about that. The principal didn't return our emails when we'd tried to discuss these issues.

Posted August 09, 2013
Green Valley is a wonderful school that fosters community and strives for academic excellence. The administration and teachers are wonderful and the level of parent involvement is commendable. I don't believe our school would be great if it wasn't for the continued collaboration and dedication of both critical factors. Thus far the teachers have been very engaged with our children and have fostered a love for learning that we hope continues.

Green Valley Elementary School 4

Posted February 11, 2013
I wish the school would take away the kneel and freeze procedure after every recess. It's really over the top, demeaning, and down right dirty! The kids are most likely putting their hands on the ground to balance and/or to stand back in place. This system has been in place for only a few years, and I find it to be a step down from Green Valley's past culture. Also, the line-up number system (where the numbers are not in order) is very confusing for young children, and can actually be traumatic the first few months of school. Respect your students, and they will be respectful to you.

Posted January 17, 2013
This is a great public school,.. enrichment offered during (music, art) school as well as after for a extra cost (art, cooking, sports, language). I've compared notes with many parents who pay for private school in the area, GV compares well. As for the fund raising,. yes it can be a lot but no more than private schools AND the money goes right back into the school. Yes there may be a few teachers who are not excellent but the large majority are great. Overall I think GV does a very good job creating a happy healthy environment for kids as well as preparing them for middle school. Every year there is a waiting list so if you want to consider this school, check early.

Green Valley Elementary School 3

Posted March 19, 2012
I think it's great that there are so many positive reviews. However - every time you turn around you're asked to give money to the school and buy teacher gifts. I think last year we were asked to donate $100 for birthday, thanksgiving flowers, easter flowers, gift cards, etc the list is endless. Its the have and have nots school and people that have a lot of many are able to buy their teachers for the next year. It is very unfair. I would like the school and community to focus more on academics and less on fundraising and sports. I think a lot of these parents do fundraising for fundraising sake -- something for them to do and socialize. They even have fundraising events during school. They asked the kids to run to raise money. Let's see what's more important reading or running. The parent involvement is great, but if they spend less time on raising money and more time on teaching their kids wouldn't need all the extra in class teachers, etc.

Green Valley Elementary School 1

Posted November 15, 2011
Well I was hoping for a better year, but so far I'm not impressed. This year's teacher seems like she's just biding her time until retirement. When I've emailed her all I get is a cursory non thoughtful response. She doesn't really seem interested in my child's development, just doing what she needs to do to get through the day. I've only had 1 teacher worth his/her salt at this school.

Green Valley Elementary School 4

Posted June 20, 2011
Green Valley is an excellent school that will benifit from having a new principle with greater emotional intelligence and experience to guide the teachers and students.

Posted May 31, 2011
I have been a parent at Green Valley since 2003; we are fortunate to have a strong parent community with a great staff and fantastic administration. Our previous principal was a great leader and our current principal has increased the level of leadership by working hard to help our children to become more globally aware and conscious of how their actions and beliefs can affect their futures. I have loved that our school environment is not focused on rote learning; rather working to create critical thinkers.

Posted May 31, 2011
My son just went through kindergarten and I was extremely impressed to see the high level of parent involvement on all fronts. The PTA holds fun events to engage parents, they send out weekly eNewsletters, and really provide a very fun, entertaining and educational year for all. We feel so lucky to be in Danville, and to be part of this school.

Posted October 18, 2010
Have been a parent at the school for 6 years. A great school community. Principal is very involved with the kids and has the kids best interests in mind. Teachers are involved and communicate well with the parents.

Green Valley Elementary School
1001 Diablo Road, Danville, CA  94526
Last modified Green Valley Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Green Valley Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top