Danville, CA

Greenbrook Elementary School 3

Posted October 24, 2014
School is tucked in a very nice community. Feels that you are in very safe neighborhood. The after school program, Kids Country is very good. The new principal seems to be on top of things. Don't like : I really don't like the school environment when it comes to diversity. At one point, the school has a big banner that they value diversity. That said, I really feel that kids over there are not really exposed to this - and not just the kids. It's one thing to say it but another thing to see if they really have it. I can see that it's not in the school's culture. During my son's first day, the teacher paired him to another asian which I thought was very odd. I also never felt that their teachers are sincerely engaged with us. Even though we had the option to stay in this school, we decided to move to our home school in San Ramon. What a difference. Teachers are very, very engaged and has a good mix of diverse cultures, backgrounds and languages.

Greenbrook Elementary School 1

Posted October 28, 2013
Snobby clique school ....ridiculous . Parents are very competitive and bullying goes on. We moved here from Central Valley for the school but this is worse than many schools in the Valley. Principal leadership is missing. This is a school for you if you own a fancy car and want to spend your working hours volunteering for the school.

Greenbrook Elementary School 4

Posted October 28, 2013
To the parent of the last post, titled "Snobby clique school": We lived in the Central Valley a while, ago, but I don't share your experience. The economics of the parents are all over the spectrum, and so are the attitudes. There are a lot of "down to earth" parents here, and I hope you will give them a chance to reach out to you. Yes, Bay Area schools seem to have a more competitive atmosphere, but within SRVUSD Greenbrook definitively has a lot more community spirit than many other schools. I think the principal is doing a great job reaching out and listening to parents, much better than the previous one. I encourage you to attend some of the community events, if your schedule allows that. Parent involvement is such an important factor in a school's success. And yes, it takes an effort to make time to do this in addition to your work and family schedule, but I think it's worth it. I am giving Greenbrook 4 stars, because I am overall satisfied with the school, but there is always room for improvement. What kind of improvement would you want to see?

Posted September 13, 2011
Excellent teachers and strong Principal leadership! Our kids love going to school (except when there is a ton of homework to be done). The school provides positive learning environment for its students. There is a great parent participation, which is so beneficial for the students. On the other hand, I think the curriculums are a bit overwelming for the kids...

Posted August 17, 2010
We transferred to Greenbrook last fall from a relatively new school in the district. At the time it was a difficult decision, but one we do not regret. The staff, students and families at this school are a 10 out of 10 in our book. I love the smaller size (600+ vs 900+ students) and the display of respect along with fun from the kids. My children were challenged but not overly taxed by the work load. I felt the teachers listened to our concerns when we arrived and that they helped our kids feel at home very quickly. I will advocate for this school community from now on!

Greenbrook Elementary School 4

Posted July 09, 2010
Overall, Greenbrook is a good school with a lot of parent involvement. However, I would caution anyone who is transferring in to this school from outside the district or even outside of Danville. The emphasis on academics is very strong and extremely competative. It was a very frustrating adjustment for my child. We transferred from a top 10 school from another district, which has nearly the same test score ratings, and my child was quickly labeled as "behind the curve." This district, and especially the schools in Danville, are VERY competative. The curriculums are actually 8- months ahead of most schools in surrounding districts. While many parents demand these rigid standards, let's not foget that children should also be enjoying school and not pressured to get into Harvard at age 7!

Posted April 28, 2010
We have been incredibly happy with our experience at Greenbrook. The teachers have high academic expectations, differentiate the curriculum to meet the needs of all of the students, and care about the success of their students. Greenbrook parents are supportive of the school. We have been thrilled with all of the 'extras' including a fabulous school-wide talent show. Our daughter has thrived in this environment.

Greenbrook Elementary School 0

Posted April 24, 2010
Greenbrook elementary has an incredible staff and an equally amazing group of parents. But what I love about it the most is the kids! The kids are Greenbrook have huge hearts, they work hard and they want to be the best students and members of our community that they can be. Greenbrook rocks!!!

Posted January 15, 2009

Posted February 25, 2008
Very good school!We moved to Danville from South San Francisco for the school system.The teachers and staff are very focused on making your child the best that they can be!Just like a previous reviewer we thought they were to intense in the introduction of new material but our child has suprised us and made strides in reading, writing, and math.At one point our child was below mar in writing, so instead of letting her continue to do poorly they set up a conference with the principal, teachers and other staff to trouble shoot the problems in her writing.In that conference we came up with many ideas and now she is doing fine in Greenbrook.

Greenbrook Elementary School
1475 Harlan Drive, Danville, CA  94526
Last modified Greenbrook Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Greenbrook Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 20 reviews. Top