Posted July 30, 2013
What a disappointment this school was! They put on a fabulous dog-&-pony show during BTSN,open house,special events,but the credit is due to parents-not the administration or staff. A majority of teachers are set in their ways,disregard current teaching trends & research,have little regard for the community they serve. Most appear to be clocking in & collecting a paycheck. They collectively set a tone of arrogance bordering on rude. If your child is in Resource we STRONGLY advise that you seek another school as dept leadership here is unwilling to meet the particular needs of students other than the bare minimum. RS teachers are extremely unprofessional,forever demanding the RS children fit the staff's teaching expectations without any regard to their disability,IEP,self-esteem. Their focus is "fixing" kids. Our child consistently reported that professional conduct changed when other adults were not present,"They're always mad at us & talk different when nobody else is there". We felt,for 3 years,at all times,that our child was an inconvenience to the staff there & DEEPLY REGRET that we held out hope that things would improve. Learn from our mistake, we wish someone had told us.

Los Cerros Middle School 4

Posted June 12, 2013
My child is promoting this year and overall, I've been happy with our experience at LCMS. The Principal, VP and admin staff are professional, thoughtful and approachable. There's a lot of emphasis on prepping for high school & personal responsibility/ownership, which I appreciate. For the most part, the faculty has been good - I like that they have office hours or lunchtime group sessions for the kids to utilize for additional help & do a lot of project based learning; however, I've had challenges with their organization & follow up, which has been difficult because my child is lacking in these areas as well. That said, I never had an issue working with any of them in resolving issues. If anything, I wish they would focus more on steering kids away from school loop and emphasizing utilizing their planners for schoolwork tracking. We had too many teachers that said "refer to my website" or " check school loop", which were often not updated timely or at all. Ultimately, do I feel my child learned a lot? Absolutely. Do I feel that my child has a good foundation for high school? Absolutely. Do I feel your child will get a great education at Los Cerros? Most definitely.

Posted January 17, 2013
I find the many reviews for this school to be strange. Very little is mentioned as to the academics, enrichment programs etc. My middle schooler is having a good experience at this school, challenged in advanced math and sciences with excellent teachers, happy to participate in the other classes. One teacher seems to be disorganized but they get the work completed - often its with extra homework over doing any of it in class. The principal seems to be involved, the vice principal appears to be the authoritarian of the school. Bullying is non-existent if its discovered (very strict policy against this). I would rate this school well as it should be considered when looking at middle schools in the area. Athenian of course should be rated higher but for 30k/student that's to be expected.

Posted November 05, 2012
A good many teachers at this school are sub par and have an attitude. They aren't really expected to have to answer parental concerns. This attitude flows down from the principal who doesn't make her teachers perform.

Los Cerros Middle School 1

Posted August 09, 2012
This school will not do much good to your kid's self esteem. Education in this school is not about teaching and encouraging kids; it is about disciplining and punishing. The Principal seems to be nice but has no power.

Los Cerros Middle School 4

Posted June 14, 2012
The principal is great and only some of the teachers are great. If your kid is at this school and is popular - watch out! That's NOT a good thing. There are so many self absorbed kids in this community! They are very sneaky and have most of the adults/teachers completely fooled into thinking they are the good ones. It's hard for the good kids to get noticed because it's the loud mouths and brown-nosers that demand all the attention. The problem, of course, is the parents in this community that are living vicariously through their children, allowing them too many freedoms, especially online with little to no parental supervision. Watch your kids friends carefully!

Posted May 16, 2011
Los Cerros is a fantastic school. The teachers are great, motivated and actively involved with our child. The curriculum has been structured so the subjects presented engage and challenge the students.

Posted January 25, 2010

Posted March 25, 2009

Posted January 28, 2009

Los Cerros Middle School
968 Blemer Road, Danville, CA  94526
Last modified Los Cerros Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Los Cerros Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 23 reviews. Top