Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

My daughter attended TK here and I wish this was our home school. The personal involvement from not only her teachers, but also the other school staff and parents have given her an amazing beginning. She loves school and learning, and I hope this continues - she has been given a wonderful base at Montair Elementary!

Montair is a very special school. I am proud to have a teaching position there. I have worked at other school sites previously, and have never seen anything that compares to it. Montair exudes balance, warmth, and inclusion. In addition to general education classes for K-5, we have various programs for children of diverse needs (TK, SDC, ATP). This instills a natural feeling of acceptance on campus among students and staff; a view that we are all unique and we honor and respect that about each other. The teachers play an integral part in nurturing this inclusion. The school also maintains programs like garden curriculum, art history/instruction, healthy eating education, and drama thanks to the parent donations and volunteers. This is unusual to find in elementary schools these days. It shows that Montair cherishes the idea of the whole child regardless of cost and test scores. Parents are down to earth, grounded individuals who most importantly want their children to be happy and engaged. Teachers deliver high quality academics while recognizing kids are kids, and nurturing them socially as well. As stated before, Montair is a special place. It is heartbreaking when individuals defame the school publically and anonymously, clearly omitting other sides or information, and doing so for personal reasons. The bottom line is Montair is not perfect. No school is. Not everyone can be happy. There will always be those few who find or encounter faults. Ultimately, Montair is truly special in that it provides an environment for kids where they feel safe, happy, and engaged. There is work that goes into that. I’m proud to be part of that work. Many other members of the community are proud as well.

Disappointed in school. Matters could have been delt with better. I wish I had read the previous post prior to sending my children tho this school. Sick to my stomach to what a teacher said to my child.

Teacher effectiveness: Neutral

Some teachers are good. We just had a really bad teacher for out daughter. I would send out a email to the parents about a specific teachers behavior.

Amount of homework: Disagree

Children should have a fair amount of playtime after school. The homework load could be less.

Develops character: Strongly disagree

One teacher was dishonest. She lied about an incident that had occurred. Sick to my stomach that a teacher would do such a thing.

I am so disappointed in my experience with what could be a fabulous school! Perhaps it is not the school but the "community" and it's total lack of culture. I have one child who has went on to middle school and one still there. She is a delightful child. Has won student of the month more than once and on the receiving end of "pride slips" weekly. She is not invited to birthday parties and included in extracurricular events and treated differently than other children. As a parent I have never witnessed adult parents behave in such a click~ish in my life. I can not believe that there are even still schools in the Bay Area that lack so much cultural diversity .

Not a good school due to bad former principle who I think left either in 2013 or 2014. I think she was pushed out and not coming back based on what I had heard from other parents and one teachers. I had to contact the school district to complain that she was unresponsive and she retaliated by making me look like a bad parent. I couldn't prove it so I just let it go. took son to another school and we are very happy now with his education. ( No thanks to Montair ).

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Montair. Dedicated teachers, involved parents, and community atmosphere. The foundation and PTA are terrific and help to fund Music, Science, Computer class, Art, ...... plus a paid assistant for most all classes.

Matt Hermann is a true leader ! he takes pride and ownership in Montair -- he believes in his students and works very well with parents. What's great is that he runs and manages the school.....the parents do not ! We are so pleased with Montair - it's a great community for our daughter to be in- - we're very lucky !

Last modified Montair Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.