No rating

Grace Valley Christian Academy

Private | K-9 | 121 students

Student diversity

Living in Davis

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $422,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,165.

In the know: Get our expert advice on schools

No articles are available

Posted May 14, 2014

Strong and balanced education in both academy and discipline. My son is in the kindergarten and we plan to let him continue to 9th grade.

Posted September 28, 2012

I attended this school for my Junior High School education and can say it made a profound difference both in my educational preparedness for High School and my worldview. I found myself armed with critical thinking skills, solid friendships and an excellent grounding in every academic area. Now I am looking forward to when my son can attend!

Posted July 12, 2012

My daughter (incoming 8th grade) and son (incoming 4th grade) love this school. For 4 years now that I have seen my children's work, performance and with our constant interaction with teachers, I have full confidence that my children are well taken cared of in terms of high level of academic standard and serious teaching of good moral and spiritual values.

Posted January 6, 2011

My two daughters attended this school and we are not members of the church. They were readily accepted by the other children and teachers immediately. I loved the small class size and the hands on learning that solidified the subjects for my girls. The first children we encountered upon visiting the campus, greated us by looking us in the eye in the courtyard of the school and asking if we needed help finding the office. These were teenage boys! I have not ever encountered that before our trip to the campus. These kids are really amazing and respectful. I feel that GVCA has really made a very solid foundation for the rest of my children's educational career.

Posted March 23, 2009

Good academics. Higher standards and more challenging curriculum than we found in Davis public schools. However, the school is small and school community is very tight-knit which can be difficult on the kids socially.

Posted March 22, 2006

High standards in academics and character building. Warm, friendly, safe environment. All subjects taught with Christ-centered world view. I've had one son graduate to high school where he is doing quite well because of his preparation here. Two kids are still enjoy the school and I look forward to my fourth attending kindergarten next year.

Posted September 5, 2005

GVCA is a Christian school where the children are taught basic Christian values, how to honor and respect their parents, teacher and elders. GVCA has changed my kids life dramatically and made her a responsible and well mannered child. GVCA has high standard of teaching and when I compare my 3rd grader child with students of similar grade from other school, the difference is obvious. I am so glad to find a Christian school which professes and also practices what they teach. The teachers are well qualified and caring. I am very thankful for GVCA and their hard working teachers.

• Mrs. Sharon Broderick
  • Coed
Affiliation
  • Brethren
Associations
  • ACSI

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious