Bad
Good

So far, my child's teachers have been good. However, the leadership at this school is lacking. Neither parents nor teachers are supported when things go wrong. As an example, multiple complaints against one teacher in particular were ignored and needed to be escalated to the school district. Other interesting points are that there are almost no learning disabled students at this school, perhaps because it is immersion, and I think this artificially inflates scores.

I love the sense of community, inclusion and world view the kids get!

Teachers are enthusiastic, and parents are involved. This school is fun and has been a wonderful experience for my son!

When my son took the 2nd grade STAR test last spring they'd just started studying English grammar and spelling - before that everything was in Spanish. I assumed he'd test badly in English the first time and I was fine with that. But he scored as proficient in English reading and advanced in math, even though he's a pretty average kid being tested in the wrong language. Plus he's now bilingual in an English speaking family. He's obviously getting an excellent education. And we love the school, teachers, atmosphere, and other parents.

Great School, Great Teachers and Staff, Great Parents and Great Kids!

We moved to davis, out of Private Jewish School. We are thrilled with Chavez,, the first grade teacher our child had, the active community of adults who support the school and teachers, and Davis as child-friendly community.

My daughter is currently in the first grade at Cesar Chavez school and we live in another school district. We drive about 30 minutes each way almost every day to bring her to this school. Do I need to say more? It's an excellent school and it's worth the trip!

Cesar Chavez is why we live in Davis. Great school, great experience. Our daughter is thriving in every way. She is learning about herself and the world around her as well as being taught to The Test.

Great Spanish immersion program and the parents are really involved.

Wonderful school, great energy, committed parents. We've been very happy with our kids teachers. I agree that the early standardized tests are completely irrelevant. The kids are not yet used to being tested in English. What matters is by 6th grade the kids function at a high level in both languages.

Last modified Cesar Chavez Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.