Davis, CA

Posted November 08, 2010
I love the sense of community, inclusion and world view the kids get!

Posted April 24, 2010
Teachers are enthusiastic, and parents are involved. This school is fun and has been a wonderful experience for my son!

Posted October 15, 2009
When my son took the 2nd grade STAR test last spring they'd just started studying English grammar and spelling - before that everything was in Spanish. I assumed he'd test badly in English the first time and I was fine with that. But he scored as proficient in English reading and advanced in math, even though he's a pretty average kid being tested in the wrong language. Plus he's now bilingual in an English speaking family. He's obviously getting an excellent education. And we love the school, teachers, atmosphere, and other parents.

Posted October 03, 2009
Great School, Great Teachers and Staff, Great Parents and Great Kids!

Posted July 16, 2009
We moved to davis, out of Private Jewish School. We are thrilled with Chavez,, the first grade teacher our child had, the active community of adults who support the school and teachers, and Davis as child-friendly community.

Posted March 23, 2009
My daughter is currently in the first grade at Cesar Chavez school and we live in another school district. We drive about 30 minutes each way almost every day to bring her to this school. Do I need to say more? It's an excellent school and it's worth the trip!

Posted November 27, 2008
Cesar Chavez is why we live in Davis. Great school, great experience. Our daughter is thriving in every way. She is learning about herself and the world around her as well as being taught to The Test.

Posted November 20, 2008
Great Spanish immersion program and the parents are really involved.

Posted September 24, 2008
Wonderful school, great energy, committed parents. We've been very happy with our kids teachers. I agree that the early standardized tests are completely irrelevant. The kids are not yet used to being tested in English. What matters is by 6th grade the kids function at a high level in both languages.

Posted February 19, 2006
Very nice staff. They really go the extra mile for you.

Cesar Chavez Elementary School
1221 Anderson Road, Davis, CA  95616
Last modified Cesar Chavez Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Cesar Chavez Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top