Posted September 10, 2013
My son started 6th grade in Patwing Elementary this year. I was really nervous for him since I had to move him from schools and I know how hard its for him to go trough this changes. He loved the school and the teacher comunicate with us on the every day basis. I strongly believe this was the best choice for him.

Posted February 08, 2013
We are new to Davis and my son adores his new school. He started out first grade and his teacher, Mrs. Bowers, made his transition easy. She is a pro. I am a former teacher and appreciated the easy going atmosphere of the school that puts students first. There is a strong sense of community, school spirit and overall it is a great place! We couldn't be happier with Patwin Elementary!

Posted November 03, 2012
What fantastic school! Caring, supportive and full of school spirit. The Kindergarten teacher is particularly amazing - when helping out in the class, it is amazing to see the kids respond to the teacher's calm and quiet way of directing them. This school has fun assemblies, PTO events, activities, and encourages a sense of community. The principal is new this year, but has things in complete control while still being fun with the kids (i.e. dressing up and talking like a pirate on school "pirate day"). Truly the old fashioned neighborhood type school - can't go wrong with Patwin!

Posted August 19, 2011
Our daughter just finished Kindergarten with Mrs Sells. She is kind, firm & knowledgeable - everything you'd want in a teacher. I used to love to listen to her talk to the children so that I could improve my own communication with my daughter. I know that the parents in the other classes were also very happy with their teachers but I have to say that our daughter will remember Mrs Sells for her whole school career & I'm hoping that she'll be our son's teacher too! Principal Michelle Flowers is also wonderful, with similar characteristics to Mrs Sells. She fosters a feeling of family & pride in the school - it helps that her children attend as well.

Posted June 06, 2011
We moved (intentionally) from a GATE school to get into Patwin. The campus is beautiful, teachers are warm & caring, and the students are so nice! My child actually wants to go to school everyday now. We are very happy to be "Patwinners", and will stay all the way through. Ms. Flowers, the Principal, is a fantastic presence in the children's lives as well as Felix, the school "mascot" / custodian. Again, my child LOVES everyone here at Patwin! We think it's the best elementary school in all of Davis.

Posted October 13, 2010
Patwin Elementary rocks. The teachers and principal put not only time and energy, but love and patience, and a genuine caring for the diverse student population. They deserve our support.

Posted October 12, 2010
As a grandparent of one pupil, I have been impressed with how this school provides individual consideration for students with special needs.

Posted October 11, 2010
What makes a school great is a great principal (Ms. Flowers) and a lot of great teachers, plus parents who care and participate, and above all our wonderful kids. This is, absolutely, a great school. I moved to get into this district, and moved across town to get my child into this school. Don't let the scores (very high, but not as high as other schools in Davis) fool you. That's just because there is no GATE program at this school, so the super-high-scoring GATE kids switch to the other schools. This is as good or better than any other Davis elementary school. I'd say better!

Posted September 17, 2009
Great school with wise and caring teachers and staff!

Posted August 05, 2009
Wonderful school! I'm very impressed by the fact that every Patwin teacher that my son has had--from homeroom to science class--is dedicated, experienced, and very available to parents and kids. I was surprised, knowing how large their class loads are, at just how well they get to know the kids and just how much of an effort they make to ensure that the kids get a good education. Previously, my son had been in a private school in town, and I'd been continually frustrated with the teachers' lack of experience and the flighty, unresponsive administration--and my son was miserable there. Patwin's teachers made him love school again. I can't say enough good things about this school.

Patwin Elementary School
2222 Shasta Drive, Davis, CA  95616
Last modified Patwin Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Patwin Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top