Bad
Good

We are finishing our third year at Pioneer and have had an incredibly positive experience. There is so much love and kindness at this school that our kids are flourishing both socially and academically. The teachers and staff are all top-notch and the campus is beautiful and well maintained.

My son has attended K-2nd and has LOVED this school. The PTA is very active and truly cares about and supports the students. The principal isn't very visionary, but the teachers are fabulous. I haven't witnessed snobbery, but that may happen more in the upper grades.

Pioneer has several excellent, dedicated teachers. There is also a group of parents who give generously of their time and money. However, there is a widespread bullying problem that the principal does not acknowledge.

My oldest child attended Pioneer from 2nd through sixth. And my youngest child from K - 2nd. I moved my youngest not because of the academics, which are strong, but the climate & culture of the environment. Pioneer has an "elitist" feel to it. Not sure if it is because the GATE program resides on campus, or perhaps a higher concentration of wealthy families attend Pioneer. The PTA is very strong at Pioneer. It's a great money maker, but leaves many families excluded as their yearly fundraising auction is truly for people who have the extra money to spend. My children & I find the kids at Pioneer are more cliquey and exclusionary. FYI: GATE does segregate it's students in self contained classes, including eating lunch separately. My oldest is a GATE alumni, my younger is moved to a non-GATE school and is happier for it. Regardless of my younger child's test scores, we chose to not enroll in GATE again.

My older daughter used to attend this school. The teachers were great but the kids in general were somewhat stuck up. I think it's because a lot of kids came from El Macero.

As a parent at Pioneer for the last 5 years, I have overall been satisfied with this school. Although there are some areas that can be improved. For example...the physical education program is severely lacking. Also there should be more support & supervision for students on the play ground.

Pioneer Elementary is great. I have two students (6th grade and 1st grade) there and it has been a wonderful experience so far. The teachers are really open to input from the parents and are positive and supportive overall. They are collaborative. They seem in tune with the students' individual needs (which is amazing!). Pioneer has a gifted and talented program, band, choir, gardening, and many other options (even a knitting crocheting club!). If you are looking at moving to Davis - the school district is very strong so you really can't go wrong. The Pioneer PTA is top notch and that adds another positive element to the school.

My daughter had to be moved to another school because the teasing and harassment got so bad. The principal at that time did nothing about it. My son is doing better, but has few friends. He has ADD.

Last modified Pioneer Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.