Del Mar, CA

Posted September 11, 2014
There are a number of reasons why we love this school but the results really speak for themselves. Four years ago we were not sure if our son would graduate from high school. Now, not only is that not a concern we are finishing up his college applications. Not all students learn the same way. Winston completely understands that and works with students to help them achieve. As importantly, they work to build up the confidence of students who may have felt like failures or become discouraged with school work. The growth in our son's self confidence impacts so much more than just his grades. I wish we had started at Winston before 9th grade. Middle school was such a difficult time and the school system just didn't have the resources to help him the way they did when he was younger. Winston has changed the lives of everyone in the family and we thank them for it.

Posted August 24, 2012
Winston School is an outstanding educational opportunity for those students who have any form of learning challenges, or disabilities. From the very getgo, the staff and administration, along with the teachers are incredibly gifted/talented to optimize and maximize student learning. Moreover, this school was the FIRST school that my son attended where there was zero tolerance of "bullying" by any of the students. The atmosphere for social interactions, self-discovery, and educational challenges allowed my son to have greater self-concept, self-worth, and experience the "victory" of academic learning. There is no greater gift than helping a child become more academically prepared for life and its many challenges!! Winston School provided a "highway" to success as a student, as a musician, and as a self-confident teenager! Bottom line: Winston School is the type of academic setting that should be the norm for all educational schools -- public OR private :))

Winston School 1

Posted June 16, 2012
The Winston school is not a good school to go to. The teachers are really not good teachers at all at the Winston school. The school really should be shut down because it is such a bad school and also half of the kids who graduate from there don't even go on to college. So i hope that parents open there eyes and what the Winston school is all about and realize that there just throwing there money away.

Posted May 17, 2012
The Winston School saved my son's (and my) life. I truly believe that. Before we found The Winston School, we tried all sorts of different schools. Public school, charter school, tutors, online school, 3 different schol districts in one year. None of them fit. The first day at The Winston School, my son told me "it felt like home." They recognize my son's high intelligence in some areas and severe learning disabilities in others. I remember getting "the look" at other schools. Why couldn't I get my son do the work? He is lazy, etc. The Winston School is truly a team, along with the parents and child. There is never blame, only a team working together to help the student. He is thriving there and if I ever won the lottery, The Winston School would be at the top of my list to give a million dollars to! Thank you Winston!

Posted March 10, 2012
We are grateful to the wonderful staff at Winston that took so much care in the academic and social development of our son. He would have surely been a statistic(not a good one), if he had stayed in the public school system.

Posted February 14, 2012
My son attended Winston for most of his education. He is now in college. He would not have graduated high school or be in college without Winston. They understood his particular learning difference and worked with it. He learned to read by finding letters in the scratches under the table. He taught the class some of the chemistry chapters in high school (with the teacher right there to make sure it was correct). His intellect was able to shine past his disability. They taught him to get the tools he needs to be successful and he has.

Posted February 07, 2012
My child was bullied made to be an outcast by students and teachers at public due to her learning disabilities. She struggled every day academically with little to no help from her so called Special Education Teachers and her self-esteem was critical low. We were the child that fell through the cracks in public school. Winston discovered how to teach my child and she excelled academically in the 4 years she attended Winston. But most importantly through the caring and encouraging staff at Winston my child became a self-assured outgoing person on campus and off. As parent of a child with learning disabilities helping them learn at their own pace is important but giving them a safe place to discover all they can be with a wonderful school experience is the icing on the cake.

Posted February 06, 2012
Winston is not just a school, it truly is a learning community. My son would not have been successful in the public school system. He attended Winston for 8 years, graduated and is currently attending college. The school makes every effort to meet the needs of each student, even after graduation they have continued to be supportive. If you have a student with learning challenges, you could not do better than Winston

Posted November 20, 2011
Amazing school for students who learn differently, small classes, diploma bound - college bound students (some non-college bound as well). Fully functioning school community - small class sizes, amazing teachers, individualized care, academics and accomodations which guarentee student success. Very grood arts program - drama, music, literature, painting and photography and scultping - with annual Festival of the Arts. Small school size (110 students). Made a huge difference for so many students - last years grads went to college, Up with People tour, community college, trade school -and staff help find the school that fits your senior,. Active parent group. Caring, dedicaed administrators.

Posted October 19, 2011
My son has absolutely flourished at The Winston School. After years of lonely frustration in public school he is now getting good grades, participating in school activities and having fun with his Winston friends. The administration, staff and teachers at Winston are exceptionally creative in finding ways to help your child learn and amazingly patient with the kids as they find their way. I simply could not be more pleased.

Winston School