Del Mar, CA

Posted March 18, 2015
As a senior in high school, I have had many academic experiences and been part of multiple schools. I can definitely say that my experiences at Del Mar Heights Elementary School have had the largest impact on my life and have been the most memorable and happiest years of schooling. Even though I graduated from Del Mar Heights Elementary School 6 years ago, Del Mar Heights has continued to have a positive effect on my life. I am currently enrolled in Child Development and come twice a week to Del Mar Heights to work with the kindergartners in Mrs. Polivka s class. Not only have I maintained enduring friendships, but the knowledge I gained in elementary school highly prepared me for future education. Elementary school years were some of the best years of my life. Del Mar Heights is like my family and coming back is like a reunion.

Posted March 13, 2015
Fantastic school with so much to offer. My son is challenged and inspired everyday. He has made great friends and our whole family feels welcome. We love the balinese instruments he is learning in world music class and the neat activities he has been doing in science lab. Great activities from the PTA, too.

Posted March 06, 2015
I competed in the Olympics and heard the crowd cheering for me as I crossed the finish line. I was the mayor of a self-reliant community. I built a 5-story building and watched it hold up in a 9.0 earthquake. I am not an Olympian, an elected official or an architectural engineer yet... I wore all these hats as a STUDENT at Del Mar Heights. Not only was I fortunate enough to live these experiences there, I also benefitted from the strong sense of community I felt while attending the school. At Del Mar Heights, kindness is actively practiced. Peers cheer on peers and delight in each other s accomplishments. Del Mar Heights is like one big happy family. Our big family was watched over by our dedicated teachers who challenged us with engaging academic coursework. Even though I ve moved on to middle school, I feel confident about the future, armed with my solid educational foundation and Principal Wardlow s inspiring, unforgettable words, Have a great learning day!

Posted February 06, 2015
An amazing academic school that allows children to flourish in all areas. Led by an incomparable principal, Wendy Was slow who has been there 16+ years. Outstanding faculty. Gorgeous campus with ocean views.

Posted February 04, 2015
I can't say enough great things about Del Mar Heights. It is a high achieving school with phenomenal teachers, but more importantly, it's a place your kids will feel at home. The school prides itself on its sense of community and caring for each and every child. They have so many programs during school, at lunch and after school that I can't possibly name them all. Whatever your child is passionate about-- there's a place to explore that passion. Whether it's robotics, drama, music, Spanish, writing, or running, there is something for your child. Oh, and let's not forget that their test scores are out of this world. A private school education with public accessibility.

Posted May 06, 2014
Del Mar Heights is everything you want in a school. It has top-notch academics, great leadership, community involvement, and programs. The art, technology, and P.E. teachers are phenomenal. They provide so many "extras" that make students interested in their days. Oh, and you can't beat an ocean view from the playground.

Posted March 20, 2014
What a gem! My kids thrive here and love going to school. It's a really strong community of teachers and parents working together to provide the best possible educational experience for our kids (despite ongoing funding challenges at the state level). It has a small school feel and is "old fashioned" in all the best ways, and yet cutting edge in terms of technology and teacher practices to deliver best in class education. I can't imagine getting higher quality at a private school.

Posted March 02, 2014
This has been a fabulous school for my child. Each year she continues to tell me how much her teachers care about her and take the time to listen. With some of the new programs they have during lunch, she has found an interest in the arts. I am highly impressed by the principle who seems to know every child as she greets them every morning outside the school. We feel fortunate to attend such a wonderful small school that focuses on developing the whole child and not just academically prepared but socially responsible children.

Del Mar Heights Elementary School 1

Posted February 01, 2014
My child was bullied in this school. Snotty cliques between parents especially mom groups. If you do not have your lululemon complete workout gear and stepford wife attitude, you are immediately ignored. I can't say much for the students here either. A lot of spoiled brats and entitled children. My daughter was bullied and teased relentlessly because she was held back. Her teacher at that time was very unsympathetic and told us that our daughter lacked social skills and compared her to one of her classmates who was also a new student. I am so glad we pulled her out of this mess of a school. Heavy weight lifted out of our family's shoulders, that's for sure.

Del Mar Heights Elementary School 1

Posted November 27, 2013
I went to this school and was not impressed. Staff was not able to handle kids of more gifted measures, and the kids there were mean and rowdy.

Del Mar Heights Elementary School
13555 Boquita Drive, Del Mar, CA  92014
Last modified Del Mar Heights Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Del Mar Heights Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 28 reviews. Top