Desert Hot Springs, CA

Posted December 28, 2011
I am very proud to have my son at Wenzlaff school. The school has been improving every year. Even though the teachers change each year, those at the school are great. I am very pleased with my son's progress. I feel he is safe and learning.

Posted October 16, 2009

Edward L. Wenzlaff Elementary School 0

Posted August 09, 2009
My son is presently attending this school. He is going to the 4th grade. We have seen tremendous improvement and growth since he started attending last year. He has acomplished high CST scores and we are very proud parents. Of course this is due to the excellent staff of teachers. We are looking forward to even a more successful year in 2010.

Edward L. Wenzlaff Elementary School 4

Posted February 25, 2008
My son's went to this school. Now my daughter is attending this school. She previously was at Julius Corsini but we moved out of the district, so now she is attending her first year (2nd grade). I was so surprised to see my son (who has already graduated HS) his 5th grade teacher (Mr. Long) is now the principal. He is awesome!! He really does care about the children. He goes above and beyond the call of duty. He is even being a crossing guard after school is out. I am impressed also with my daughter second grade teacher (Ms. McClain). So far I feel this school is so much better then Corsini. I hope that somehow, someone will care about the education needs of our children in DHS. I don't understand why our children have such below standard test scores, less resources then other schools in California? Let change this!!

Posted September 01, 2007
I have had students at Wenzlaff for four years, ranging from K through 5th. The school is running several programs that have made it exciting for children to learn and feel a sense of pride and accomplishment. Family Reading and Family Math Nights are held for the whole family to participate in super fun educational activities in a relaxed environment where parents can interact with the school staff. We all love them! After school intervention is provided for students who are not meeting state standards, and the school has a goal to help each student progress no matter what their level is. The site is home of several community programs after school such as dance and ESL. This principal really goes way beyond his call of duty to ensure that every possible resource is provided for your child's success. Imagine what we could accomplish with parent participation. Wow!!!

Edward L. Wenzlaff Elementary School 4

Posted September 25, 2006
I have two kid's going to Edward L. Wenzlaff Elementary since they were 5 years old. I like that they teach 'character counts' this show the kids how to relate with other people in a positive way. I wish this school had more after school programs. Like math,reading,drama,and music.I think this would help our kid's improve on there star testing.Or maybe have a once a week parent night to help our kids with there reading and math. Also they need more then one speech therapy teacher. Because once a week speech therapy for the kids that need it is not helping them at all. I hope this helps decide what school needs the help the most in Desert Hot Spring CA

Edward L. Wenzlaff Elementary School 3

Posted July 09, 2005

Edward L. Wenzlaff Elementary School 3

Posted April 11, 2005
My grandson goes to this school. Overall I believe the teachers really do care about the students, although, my grandson is only in the second grade, the teachers he had were great. I am pleased that they are given extra help in reviewing what they need to know for the upcoming standard test. Hopefully the parents are letting their children participate in these reviews as it, I believe, benefits the students and also the school. Hopefully with these reviews the school rating will rise.

Posted January 16, 2004
I would like to respond to the previous comment. The school does not allow bullying, if it occurs please report it; action will be taken. My son had a problem with a bully; it was handled so well by the school that his former bully is now one of his best friends. The children are required to go to the playgrounds; there is supervision. I see smiling children chasing each other playing tag. The school is in a very windy area; trash blows onto the grounds. The friendly janitorial staff does their best to keep the campus clean. This is a locked campus; any adult entering the campus must be cleared through the office. I am one of the many parent and community volunteers at the campus; volunteers are always under the direct supervision of the staff. This is a warm and friendly school that is supported by its community.

Edward L. Wenzlaff Elementary School 1

Posted October 05, 2003
This is a rough school. Students must contend with bullying. Students are not required to be on the playground in the morning before school starts and are wandering around the campus unsupervised. They are chasing each other and playing in restrooms. There is trash everywhere and papers taped on buildings (looks trashy). Adults are on campus before, during and after school without ID badges.

Edward L. Wenzlaff Elementary School
11-625 West Drive, Desert Hot Springs, CA  92240
Last modified Edward L. Wenzlaff Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Edward L. Wenzlaff Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top