Golden Springs Elementary School 4

Posted August 19, 2014
I pulled my daughter from this school because of the school district and the administration of this school. When we bought our home this school was ranked 8 of 10. We bought our home specifically because we want to be at a high performing school. It is now ranked at a 5?! GS took a huge nose dive when they went to K-8... the Middle School kids were completely unsupported and scores went down in a spiral nose dive. I was NOT a fan of Dr. Quan, the principal, so I am glad that she has left. Under her leadership she eliminated extra-curricular activities, sports and clubs. No wonder the middle school kids did poorly. Who wants to work hard at a school that has NO FUN? These are kids not robots. Sports & clubs help kids incorporate what they LEARNED into activities they like! So while I was sad to pull daughter from her friends I refused to sit around and WAIT for the school to improve so I switched to Walnut USD. Teachers at GS on the other hand - especially K (Ms. Perkins) to 1st (Ms. Arbuckle) are wonderful. Who knows maybe I'll let my next child in Pre-K attend here next year, if the scores and school leadership improves.

Golden Springs Elementary School 3

Posted May 05, 2014
This school is in Pomona Unified School District which is terrible! The District covers Pomona and part of Diamond Bar. The schools and students within Pomona are their priority. There are plenty of schools within Pomona, but the school district chooses to bus in several bus loads of students from Pomona to Golden Springs. Who is paying for this? The tax payers in Diamond Bar?

Posted July 01, 2012
STUDENTS ARE AMAZING TEACHEARS ARE AMAZING BEST SCHOOL EXCEPT PRINICPAL CAN BE A JERK BUT HE IS DOING IT CAUSE HE CARES.

Posted October 01, 2011
I really like this school. I adore the fact that my third grader and my eigth grader can be at the same school, looking out for each other, and making memories that will last them a lifetime. The only time we get to grow so close to our siblings and share so many memories is during childhood. I also adore my third grader's teacher. She's the best. My kids have been to three different school throughout the years, and I've never met a principal like Mr. Pantenini. This man will go out of his way to meet parents and know the kid's names. He even answers the phone at times! He really cares about his school. That means a lot because this reflects on the effort the school puts into my kid's education. My twins will be going next year and I'm so excited about it :) It has a lot of moms volunteering as well. I highly recommend this school.

Posted May 14, 2010
Golden Springs Ranked in Top 10% of school in the STATE! As in response to the other post today, I spoke to the principal and completely support the United Student Stand to show the few that they want to see them follow rules too. As a 7th grade parent, your comments regarding the K8 expansion could not be more false. GS 7th grade students have out performed all PUSD middle schools in English, Math, and Science because of the dedication, hard work and effort of the administration, teachers, parents, and students. DATA doesn't lie. PUSD and all parents should be proud! For the record, Magham has been gone for 5 years.

Posted March 24, 2010
This is definitely not a quiet school. PTO is great and very involved in organizing fun activities for students and family.

Golden Springs Elementary School 3

Posted March 02, 2010
I am somewhat disappointed that the principal does not follow up on issues very well in this school. But there are some great teachers. The parent involvement is remarkable.

Posted October 25, 2009
Great teachers and a great principal who always goes out of his way to greet . parents and students.

Posted October 25, 2009
It has very good teachers and a very nice PTO that cares for the school

Posted October 24, 2009

Golden Springs Elementary School
245 South Ballena Drive, Diamond Bar, CA  91765
Last modified Golden Springs Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Golden Springs Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 53 reviews. Top